34 Ways to Decorate for Christmas & Last Minute Decorations to Sew
By: Kirsten Kwon, Editor of AllFreeSewing.com
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
We all know the Christmas season can be a hectic time. Between searching for gifts, cooking big dinners, and entertaining family and friends, sometimes the Christmas décor can fall by the wayside. This year, we’ve put together a collection that aims to curb some of your holiday stress. Embrace the joy of Christmas by decorating your home with easy DIY Christmas decorations. In the 24 Ways to Decorate for Christmas: Last Minute Decorations to Sew, you’ll find quick patterns for ornaments, stockings and more. Sew Christmas decorations to save money and to add some of that DIY flair to your home. When you’re looking to sew DIY Christmas decorations, free patterns are always the way to go. It’s easy – plus, if you sew Christmas decorations instead of purchasing them, you’ll get to steal some time to yourself with the sewing machine. Relieve stress through sewing and create last minute DIY Christmas decorations at the same time! Here’s our Christmas gift to you – the 24 Ways to Decorate for Christmas: Last Minute Decorations to Sew collection, just in time for the busy holiday season.
Sew Christmas Decorations: 34 Ways to Decorate for Christmas & Last Minute Decorations to Sew
Table of Contents
Looking for fast and easy homemade gift ideas? Download our free eBook, 6 Sewing Projects for Christmas: How to Make Easy Last Minute Christmas Gifts.
Ornaments make for wonderful Christmas decorations. Sewing Christmas ornaments is simple with free tutorials and patterns. Yes, you can buy ornaments in bulk, but what’s the fun in that? By sewing Christmas ornaments you can give your tree that traditional, inviting look that’s so comforting for the holiday. We can make it easy – sewing Christmas ornaments from these project ideas is a breeze!
- Felt Ogee Ornament: Make a fancy felt ogee ornament for little money and little time using this Christmas sewing project.
- Peas Please Ornament: Free Christmas crafts like this are so fun to make, especially if you can use them to decorate your tree!
- Faux Quilted Stocking Ornament: Use iron-on ribbon and embellishments to make this faux quilted stocking ornament, a free Christmas craft that looks like it's been arduously quilted—but it's faux!
- Felt Mitten and Ice Skate Ornament: These cute felt mittens and ice skate ornaments are easy to make and look great hanging from any tree.
- Ribbon Candy Twist Ornament: This ribbon candy twist ornament is a fun Christmas craft idea to make with your kids and give away as a gift or use to decorate your own tree.
- Cute and Easy DIY Christmas Ornaments: If you're looking for DIY ornaments for kids to make, these adorable iron-on are perfect. This tutorial includes printable designs for over 40 cute ornaments.
- Fancy Embroidered Christmas Ornaments: These embroidered ornaments are elegant, simple, and can be made in under an hour. What's not to love?
- Hot Cocoa Felt Ornament: Cuddling up with a mug of delicious hot cocoa is a favorite holiday activity. This cute felt ornament will have you reaching for the marshmallows in no time.
Always wanted to know how to make Christmas stockings? Once you make them for you and your family, you’ll have them ready to use year after year. Check out these simple Christmas crafts and tutorials and learn how to sew a Christmas stocking. Sewing decorations for the holidays doesn’t have to be work – make a Christmas stocking and remember all the things you love about this jolly celebration.
- Christmas Stocking: Make a Christmas stocking to hang in your home or to give as a gift.
- Make a Christmas Stocking: Beginners are encouraged to try this one!
- O Christmas Tree Stocking: The O Christmas Tree stocking looks like a Christmas tree, but it's really a stocking to be hung from the mantel.
- Ruffled Drop Cloth Stocking: Make this easy DIY Christmas craft for your home.
- Sweater Stocking: Make a sweater stocking to hang by the chimney with care!
- Dollar Store Christmas Stocking with a New Do: In just moments, you can take a generic store-bought stocking and transform it into a customized, eye-catching DIY Christmas decoration.
- The Right Size Christmas Stocking: Your DIY Christmas decorations will be so much more unique with these customized stockings.
When it’s time to sew Christmas decorations, turn to these neat ideas. Deck the halls of your home with festive sewn projects. These adorable projects are all a little out-of-the-box, so your home will have a fun, unique look. Say goodbye to generic red and green fairy lights and say hello to festive, easy to sew decorations that will make your home stand out!
- Deck the Halls Christmas Table Runner: Learn how to make a gorgeous table runner for your dining room with this Christmas craft idea.
- Plush Wreath: Try this into a fun Christmas craft idea or style it for use year round.
- Christmas Bunting: Make Christmas bunting to decorate your house for the holidays.
- Christmas Yo Yo Doily: Try this easy, DIY Christmas craft to make a Christmas yo-yo doily, a lacy mat to decorate your home with.
- Mitten Advent Calendar: Handmade advent calendars will help your family keep on track and remember the reason for the season.
- Christmas Wall Art: This simple Christmas craft is great for kids and adults alike.
- Scented Christmas Sachets: With these no-sew sachets, your home will not only look like Christmas, but smell like it too.
- 8 Step Coaster: Gather up your holiday fabric scraps and create adorable coasters that will give your home a touch of festivity.
- Fa La La Fleece Holiday Pillows: These cute holiday pillows will bring smiles to the faces of all of your holiday guests.
For more Christmas sewing projects, check out 172+ Free Christmas Sewing Patterns: A Complete Christmas Sewing Guide.
The 25th always sneaks up too soon, no matter how much you prepare. But last minute decorations are sometimes the most fun. If you’re running out of time this holiday season, last minute decorations can work in a pinch. Don't worry! Even at midnight on the 24th, there’s still time to create cheerful decorations that will look beautiful on Christmas morning. Check out these fun ideas and break out the sewing machine.
- Hexagon Christmas Tree Skirt: This gorgeous homemade Christmas tree skirt seems complicated, but it's so easy to sew and will look gorgeous underneath any tree!
- Simple No-Sew Fabric Angels: You don't even have to break out your sewing machine to make these no-sew Christmas decorations! These fabric angels will give your decor an elegant, rustic touch.
- Christmas Pudding Ornaments: These DIY Christmas ornaments take no time at all to sew and will look so cute hanging on the tree.
- Last Minute Elf Boot Ornament: Add a breath of fresh air to your Christmas tree decorations with this funky sewn ornament. Santa gets plenty of love. This year, give some to the elves that work hard all year making presents.
- Christmas Miracle Tree Skirt : Finally, a Christmas tree skirt you can make during naptime. This tree skirt is simple, beautiful, and easy to make - a triple threat.
- Stress-Free Christmas Garland: Garlands are the ideal last-minute decoration. Just cut up some fabric and string the garland wherever you want!
- Christmas Dinner Placemat: Christmas dinner is one of the best parts of the holiday. Liven yours up with this easy to sew placemat.
- Absurdly Easy Santa Hat Christmas Ornament: You can never have too many ornaments, and this one is great to make with kids. Nothing brings family together like a little last-minute Christmas sewing.
- Classic Christmas Bunting: This DIY Christmas decoration is so simple to make and will look beautiful no matter where you hang it. It's perfect for doorways or windows.
- 20 Minute Festive Christmas Cake Frill: Are you going to any Christmas potlucks this year? Make your dish stand out with this adorable DIY cake frill.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Wrapping Paper Organizer
- Scrappy Christmas Pot Holders
- Deck the Halls Dress
- 200+ Free Christmas Sewing Patterns: A Complete Christmas Sewing Guide
- Rustic Checkered Sewn Napkins
- 34 Ways to Decorate for Christmas & Last Minute Decorations to Sew
- Hanging Zipper Votive Holder
- Santa Purse
- Lace Angels
- Christmas Tree Hot Pads
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Bloom Fabric Collection Review
- How to Sew a Baby Hem
- Easy Plastic Bag Dispenser
- How to Use Bias Tape
- Harvest Fresh Scrap Pumpkins Tutorial
- Buttoned Hanging Kitchen Towel
- Designer Inspired Caftan Pattern
- Adorable Half Apron Pattern
- How to Make a Button Hole
- Top Stitching Tutorial