25+ How to Make Potholders Patterns and Other Kitchen Projects
By: Kirsten Kwon, Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
If you cook or bake, you need these crafty hot pads and pot holders in the kitchen. Once you learn how to make potholders, you'll find they are both easy and useful. Plus, they make great hostess gifts in a pinch. In the Kitchen Projects: 23 How to Make Potholders collection, you'll see how simple it is to make creative and crafty hot pads and pot holders. If you never knew how to make a potholder before, these tutorials are truly helpful. Projects like the Scrapbuster Potholder will protect your hands from pots and pans too hot to touch. If you're looking for how to make hot pads, check out the Scrappy Hot Pad project. Making potholders is not only fun but will allow you to safely enjoy cooking and baking your favorite dishes and treats.
If you're looking for even more easy sewing ideas, you can learn how to make your own custom skirt that's perfect for you with 46+ Free Skirt Patterns.
25+ How to Make Potholders Patterns
- Polka Dot Pot Holders: Learn how to make pot holders with this fun tutorial to spice up your kitchen!
- Scrapbuster Potholder: Making potholders with leftover fabric is a great way to recycle and create something new.
- Penguin Pot Holder Pattern: Perfect for hot plates, these cool, little potholder patterns for sewing is especially adorable.
- Dishtowel Potholder Tutorial: This handy kitchen accessory doubles as both a dishtowel and a potholder.
- Christmas Hot Pads: Use these festive holiday hot pads for all your cooking and baking this season.
- Heart Shaped Pot Holders: Put these cute pot holders on display for added decor in your kitchen.
- Heart Hot Pad: Decorate your heart with ric rac trim and topstitching for a look you'll love.
- Campy Pot Holder Pattern: With a little patchwork and some creativity you can make these little campers.
- Oval DIY Pot Holders: Using a unique shape, these scrappy and strip-pieced pot holders are great for small spaces.
- Round Hot Pads Tutorial: Learn how to make hot pads and easily remove warm plates from the microwave and oven.
- Scrappy Hot Pad: Not sure how to make hot pads? Just gather up your fabric scraps and check out this tutorial.
- Strawberry DIY Pot Holder: Add a sweet touch to your kitchen with these tasteful pot holders.
- Made for Grandma Pot Holders: Designed as gifts for your nana, these DIY pot holders are scrappy and adorable. You can make them for yourself, too!
- "Let's Eat" Potholder: How adorable is this potholder pattern? Grab some of your favorite fabrics in corresponding colors and create this retro looking pot holder. Make several as gifts too!
- "You Are So Hot" Potholder: This pot holder sewing pattern won't disappoint! With a cute phrase sewn into the top, this potholder is a cute reminder to protect your hands from hot plates and platters. It's another great tutorial that will help you learn how to make potholders.
- Jean Pocket Pot Holder: Love that pair of jeans that no longer fits? Here's a great alternative to throwing them away. If you love denim refashioning projects, give this one a try and create a useful pot holder.
- Rustic Upcycled Sweater Pot Holders: There are so many great ways to reuse sweaters, and these Rustic Upcycled Sweater Pot Holders are one of the best. Give your kitchen that modern rustic look with stitched pot holders that are as useful as they are decorative.
- Grandma's Secret Recipe Pot Holders: Nobody makes cookies like grandma, and now you can preserve her cooking secrets with Grandma's Secret Recipe Pot Holders! This tutorial will teach you how to make pot holders that will preserve the ingredients and instructions for all those precious cooking secrets forever.
- Country Kitchen Quilted Pot Holders: Bring a little southern comfort to your home with these Country Kitchen Quilted Pot Holders. Simple and understated, this DIY kitchen decor is a lovely, subtle addition to your kitchenware.
- Hearty Pot Holders: No need to look any further for home craft ideas, these Hearty Pot Holders are all you need to add some love to your home. Do-it-yourself home decor doesn't always have to be serious.
- Scrappy Christmas Pot Holders: Christmas is a season full of fine dining, and you can never have too many helping hands. These Scrappy Christmas Pot Holders will protect you from burns and your counters from stains.
- Adorable Apple Hot Pad: An apple a day keeps the doctor away and this free pattern for a potholder will keep your kitchen healthy.
- Double Trouble Potholder Tutorial: This big free potholder pattern shows you how to make a potholder that is sure to keep your hands safe.
- Scented Hot Pad: Make your kitchen smell fantastic when you use this DIY pot holder pattern. Warm plates on top of this smelly wonder will make aromatherapy easy peasy.
- Fat Quarter Potholder: Transform two fat quarters into a fantastic potholder for your kitchen or DIY hostess gift.
- Stripping is Hot Pad Tutorial: Don't be intimidated by the hilarious name of this hot pad pattern. This scrappy idea is ingenious.
- Two-Handed Casserole DIY Pot Holder: Never burn yourself while trying to transport a casserole in and out of the oven once you sew up this charming pattern.
- Modern Quilted Potholder: Put your quilting skills to good use when you learn how to make these charming, vintage sewing patterns.
- Microwave Bowl Potholder: This easy pot holder pattern are perfect for microwave meals and keeping you safe while cooking leftovers.
- Fiesta Potholder Pattern: Bring the party to your kitchen while keeping your hands cool with this fun, festive free sewing pattern.
31. Oven Glove & Potholder: You can bring your summer garden into your kitchen with this fresh potholder pattern.
32. Thanksgiving Turkey Pot Holder Pattern: Celebrate Turkey Day with this fun Thanksgiving sewing project that the whole family will love.
33. Vintage Dresden Potholder Pattern: Hop on the vintage trend by making these retro-inspired potholders using the popular Dresden pattern.
34. Quilted DIY Pot Holder: Add some charm to your kitchen with this incredibly easy pot holder project.
Looking for more great kitchen crafts? Then be sure to check out our free eBook that's filled with free apron patterns! How to Make an Apron: 6 Free Apron Patterns eBook
What are your favorite sewing projects to make for your kitchen? Leave a comment below!
Images from other crafters
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Bread Basket Cover
- 20+ Patterns to Make Dish Towels
- 25+ How to Make Potholders Patterns and Other Kitchen Projects
- Happy Cup Mug Rug Pattern
- 53 Free Mug Rug Patterns and Placemat Patterns
- Scraptacular Pot Holder Pocket
- Snowman Mug Rug Pattern
- 6 Free Casserole Carrier Patterns + 16 Other Food Transport Ideas
- Hot Potato Pouch
- Adorable Apple Hot Pad
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- One-Yard Sydney Dress Pattern
- Celine Oversized Bag Pattern
- Charm Pack Patchwork Skirt
- Halloween Sweater Embroidery Tutorial
- Anthropologie-Inspired Flamenco Shower Curtain
- Easy Swing Dress Tutorial
- Rose Quartz & Serenity Fabric Collection Review
- Polar Bear Applique Tote
- 5 Minute DIY Hair Ties
- Joie de Vivre Fabric Collection Review