18 Kitchen Projects: How to Make Potholders + 8 New Ideas
By: Kirsten Kwon, Editor of AllFreeSewing.com
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
If you cook or bake, you need these crafty hot pads and pot holders in the kitchen. Once you learn how to make potholders, you'll find they are both easy and useful. Plus, they make great hostess gifts in a pinch. In the "10 Kitchen Projects: How to Make Potholders" collection you'll see how simple it is to make creative and crafty hot pads and pot holders. If you never knew how to make a potholder before, these tutorials are truly helpful. Projects like the Scrapbuster Potholder will protect your hands from pots and pans too hot to touch. If you're looking for how to make hot pads, check out the Scrappy Hot Pad project. Making potholders is not only fun but will allow you to safely enjoy cooking and baking your favorite dishes and treats.
If you want even more kitchen ideas, learn how to make your own kitchen towels with 9 Patterns to Make Dish Towels.
How to Make Potholders
Polka Dot Pot Holders: Learn how to make pot holders with this fun tutorial to spice up your kitchen!
Scrapbuster Potholder: Making potholders with leftover fabric is a great way to recycle and create something new.
Dishtowel Potholder Tutorial: This handy kitchen accessory doubles as both a dishtowel and a potholder.
Christmas Hot Pads: Use these festive holiday hot pads for all your cooking and baking this season.
Heart Shaped Pot Holders: Put these cute pot holders on display for added decor in your kitchen.
Heart Hot Pad: Decorate your heart with ric rac trim and topstitching for a look you'll love.
Retro Potholder: With a little layering and some creativity you can make spiral pot holders.
Round Hot Pads Tutorial: Learn how to make hot pads and easily remove warm plates from the microwave and oven.
Scrappy Hot Pad: Not sure how to make hot pads? Just gather up your fabric scraps and check out this tutorial.
Double Potholder Tutorial: Cover not only your hands, but your wrists and forearms from hot plates too.
"Let's Eat" Potholder: How adorable is this potholder pattern? Grab some of your favorite fabrics in corresponding colors and create this retro looking pot holder. Make several as gifts too!
"You Are So Hot" Potholder: This pot holder sewing pattern won't disappoint! With a cute phrase sewn into the top, this potholder is a cute reminder to protect your hands from hot plates and platters. It's another great tutorial that will help you learn how to make potholders.
Jean Pocket Pot Holder: Love that pair of jeans that no longer fits? Here's a great alternative to throwing them away. If you love denim refashioning projects, give this one a try and create a useful pot holder.
Rustic Upcycled Sweater Pot Holders: There are so many great ways to reuse sweaters, and these Rustic Upcycled Sweater Pot Holders are one of the best. Give your kitchen that modern rustic look with stitched pot holders that are as useful as they are decorative.
Grandma's Secret Recipe Pot Holders: Nobody makes cookies like grandma, and now you can preserve her cooking secrets with Grandma's Secret Recipe Pot Holders! This tutorial will teach you how to make pot holders that will preserve the ingredients and instructions for all those precious cooking secrets forever.
Country Kitchen Quilted Pot Holders: Bring a little southern comfort to your home with these Country Kitchen Quilted Pot Holders. Simple and understated, this DIY kitchen decor is a lovely, subtle addition to your kitchenware.
Hearty Pot Holders: No need to look any further for home craft ideas, these Hearty Pot Holders are all you need to add some love to your home. Do-it-yourself home decor doesn't always have to be serious.
Scrappy Christmas Pot Holders: Christmas is a season full of fine dining, and you can never have too many helping hand. These Scrappy Christmas Pot Holders will protect you from burns and your counters from stains.
What is your favorite DIY project to make for the kitchen?
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Grandma's Secret Recipe Pot Holders
- Rustic Upcycled Sweater Pot Holders
- 18 Kitchen Projects: How to Make Potholders + 8 New Ideas
- 9 Patterns to Make Dish Towels + 8 New Ideas
- 25 Free Mug Rug Patterns and Placemat Patterns
- 6 Free Casserole Carrier Patterns + 16 Other Food Transport Ideas
- Gorgeous Table Runner Patterns: 17 DIY Table Runner Tutorials
- Casserole and Pie Carrier
- Darling DIY Chair Bows
- 5 Minute Bread Bag
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 6 Free Sewing Projects to Make for Going Back to School
- 6 Sew Easy To Make Christmas Ornaments
- 6 Sewing Projects for Christmas: How to Make Easy Last Minute Christmas Gifts
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Give Thanks: 10 Sewing Ideas for Thanksgiving
- Homemade Halloween Costumes: 11 Kids Halloween Costume Ideas
- How to Make Your Own Halloween Costumes: 9 DIY Halloween Costumes
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 4 DIY Elsa Costume Ideas & 7 Other Frozen-Inspired Ideas
- How to Upcycle a Tie
- How to Sew a Zipper in a Purse
- Leave It to Beaver Kitchen Decor
- Route 66 Sewn Pillow Pattern
- John Wayne Baby Blanket Pattern
- Fuzzy DIY Pet Bed
- How to Stencil a Boy's Shirt
- How to Make a Cape Like Anna's
- Hawaiian Dreams DIY Napkins