18 Kitchen Projects: How to Make Potholders
By: Kirsten Kwon, Editor of AllFreeSewing.com
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
If you cook or bake, you need these crafty hot pads and pot holders in the kitchen. Once you learn how to make potholders, you'll find they are both easy and useful. Plus, they make great hostess gifts in a pinch. In the "10 Kitchen Projects: How to Make Potholders" collection you'll see how simple it is to make creative and crafty hot pads and pot holders. If you never knew how to make a potholder before, these tutorials are truly helpful. Projects like the Scrapbuster Potholder will protect your hands from pots and pans too hot to touch. If you're looking for how to make hot pads, check out the Scrappy Hot Pad project. Making potholders is not only fun but will allow you to safely enjoy cooking and baking your favorite dishes and treats.
If you want even more kitchen ideas, learn how to make your own kitchen towels with 9 Patterns to Make Dish Towels.
How to Make Potholders
- Polka Dot Pot Holders: Learn how to make pot holders with this fun tutorial to spice up your kitchen!
- Scrapbuster Potholder: Making potholders with leftover fabric is a great way to recycle and create something new.
- Dishtowel Potholder Tutorial: This handy kitchen accessory doubles as both a dishtowel and a potholder.
- Christmas Hot Pads: Use these festive holiday hot pads for all your cooking and baking this season.
- Heart Shaped Pot Holders: Put these cute pot holders on display for added decor in your kitchen.
- Heart Hot Pad: Decorate your heart with ric rac trim and topstitching for a look you'll love.
- Campy Pot Holder Pattern: With a little patchwork and some creativity you can make these little campers.
- Round Hot Pads Tutorial: Learn how to make hot pads and easily remove warm plates from the microwave and oven.
- Scrappy Hot Pad: Not sure how to make hot pads? Just gather up your fabric scraps and check out this tutorial.
- Double Potholder Tutorial: Cover not only your hands, but your wrists and forearms from hot plates too.
- "Let's Eat" Potholder: How adorable is this potholder pattern? Grab some of your favorite fabrics in corresponding colors and create this retro looking pot holder. Make several as gifts too!
- "You Are So Hot" Potholder: This pot holder sewing pattern won't disappoint! With a cute phrase sewn into the top, this potholder is a cute reminder to protect your hands from hot plates and platters. It's another great tutorial that will help you learn how to make potholders.
- Jean Pocket Pot Holder: Love that pair of jeans that no longer fits? Here's a great alternative to throwing them away. If you love denim refashioning projects, give this one a try and create a useful pot holder.
- Rustic Upcycled Sweater Pot Holders: There are so many great ways to reuse sweaters, and these Rustic Upcycled Sweater Pot Holders are one of the best. Give your kitchen that modern rustic look with stitched pot holders that are as useful as they are decorative.
- Grandma's Secret Recipe Pot Holders: Nobody makes cookies like grandma, and now you can preserve her cooking secrets with Grandma's Secret Recipe Pot Holders! This tutorial will teach you how to make pot holders that will preserve the ingredients and instructions for all those precious cooking secrets forever.
- Country Kitchen Quilted Pot Holders: Bring a little southern comfort to your home with these Country Kitchen Quilted Pot Holders. Simple and understated, this DIY kitchen decor is a lovely, subtle addition to your kitchenware.
- Hearty Pot Holders: No need to look any further for home craft ideas, these Hearty Pot Holders are all you need to add some love to your home. Do-it-yourself home decor doesn't always have to be serious.
- Scrappy Christmas Pot Holders: Christmas is a season full of fine dining, and you can never have too many helping hand. These Scrappy Christmas Pot Holders will protect you from burns and your counters from stains.
What is your favorite DIY project to make for the kitchen?
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 18 Patterns to Make Dish Towels
- Grandma's Secret Recipe Pot Holders
- 43 Free Mug Rug Patterns and Placemat Patterns
- 18 Kitchen Projects: How to Make Potholders
- Rustic Upcycled Sweater Pot Holders
- 6 Free Casserole Carrier Patterns + 16 Other Food Transport Ideas
- Hanging Dishtowels
- Burlap and Lace DIY Mug Rug
- Amazing Amish DIY Dish Towel
- Casserole and Pie Carrier
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 12 Beautiful Tote Purse Patterns Plus How to Make a Clutch for Everyday
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 8 Easter Sewing Projects
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Free Sewing Patterns for Spring Fashion: 8 DIY Sewing Projects
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Downton Abbey Fabric Collection
- Andover Fabrics
- Scrappy Elephant Stuffed Animal Patterns
- Nature Damask Free Pillow Pattern
- How to Make a Tunic
- How to Applique Spring Pillow
- Crossover Skirt and Ruffled Petticoat Tutorial
- Cute Bunny Egg Cozy
- A Tisket, A Tasket a Fabric Easter Basket!
- Chicky Stuffed Animal Pattern