53 Free Mug Rug Patterns and Placemat Patterns
By: Editors, AllFreeSewing.com
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
It's neither a coaster nor a placemat. Instead, it's a mug rug; a perfectly sized piece of fabric that stands between your coffee cup and your table. If you love quilting or working with fabric scraps, it's time to familiarize yourself with the mug rug. We've put together this collection of free mug rug patterns for you to try. If you're looking for a free quilted mug rug pattern, you're sure to love our selection. Even if you just enjoy just piecing together leftover fabric scraps, the free mug rug patterns in this collection can inspire you to start creating. Quilted mug rug patterns are fun because they won't take you all day to complete but are just as rewarding! Not to mention, once you set a groove, you can make several in one sitting! Handmade gifts, anyone?
If you're more interested in making the traditional placemat, you'll find placemat patterns in this collection as well. For all those summer gatherings coming up, make festive placemats and napkins to complete your tablescape. All of these free placemat patterns will teach you how to make placemats. They're just right for spring, summer, or any time of year. Learn how to make placemats you can use for the family dinner table every day, or you can take out for special events. Sewing placemats doesn't have to be too time consuming or boring. Instead, check out these free placemat patterns and you'll see that learning how to sew placemats is simple and fun.
Finally, use our free napkin patterns to learn how to make napkins that match the rest of your kitchen decor. Anyone can learn how to make napkins with the help of these easy-to-follow tutorials. Learning how to make napkins isn't the hard part - trying to decide how to embellish and creatively alter your projects is more difficult! Check out the free napkin patterns included in this collection to complete dining accessory sewing.
53 Free Mug Rug Patterns and Placemat Patterns
Table of Contents
Looking for kitchen crafts for the holiday? Check out our free eBook, Give Thanks: 10 Sewing Ideas for Thanksgiving Free eBook.
If you've been searching for free mug rug patterns, I'm happy to announce your search is over! We've collected a bunch of free mug rug patterns to show you below. Each has step by step instructions and large color photos so learning how to make a mug rug is effortless! Just gather up your favorite fabric scraps and get ready to create! A simple mug rug pattern offers you the solution of avoiding water or liquid stains on your table surfaces. Similar to a placemat, the mug rug is simply a place for your coffee cup and muffin or afternoon snack to sit. Plus it's pretty to look at! As mentioned before, mug rugs make a great gift too. Choose bright, fun fabric and personalize your mug rug pattern to give to someone special. They'll use it every day and think of you!
- Grandma's Secret Recipe Pot Holders
- Country Kitchen Quilted Pot Holders
- Nautical Mug Rug Applique Template and Tutorial
- Stars of Wonder Mug Rug
- Bye Bye Birdie Mug Rug Tutorial
- Ghost Mug Rug Pattern
- Upcycled Yuletide Mug Rugs
For the more traditional at heart, check out the free placemat patterns we've also included in this collection. With holidays always around the corner, there are going to be parties, parties, and more parties. Prepare yourself for all of the hosting by learning how to make placemats that are party ready. Even if you've never sewn before, you can learn how to sew placemats easily. Put your creativity to the test by mixing and matching patterns and colors and creating placemats that are great for your family table. Or, use these placemat patterns to make placemats for a specific event. Either way, these free placemat patterns are here to inspire you!
Find additional ways to make placemats from these too-cute tutorials. You'll never be at a loss for conversation with these table top designs.
- Roses Are Red DIY Placemats
- Reversible Cloth Place Mats and Napkins
- DIY Double-Sided Placemats
- Upcycled Pretty Purple Placemat
- Ready, Set, Eat Placemat
- Polaroid Free Placemat Patterns
- Happy Dining Placemats
- Two in One Hot Pad Placemats
- Reversible Placemat Sewing Pattern
- Scrappy Quilted DIY Placemats
- Classic Retro-Inspired Placemats
- Table Setting Placemat - NEW!
Want more DIY kitchen decor? Check out 9 Patterns to Make Dish Towels + 8 New Ideas.
Learn how to make napkins that are quick and easy. Once you see how simple it is to learn how to make napkins, you'll be using reusable, fabric napkins for every meal! That will definitely bring something to the table and it's eco-friendly. With just a few stitches you can make handmade napkins. For beginner sewists, learning how to make napkins is a great place to start.
Learn how to sew napkins that will add tons of design appeal to your table with these free patterns!
- Hawaiian Dreams DIY Napkins
- Eclectic Free Napkin Patterns
- Leave it to Beaver DIY Kitchen Decor
- Rustic Checkered Sewn Napkins
- Simple DIY Napkins
- Big Game Free Napkin Pattern
- Upcycled Denim Napkins Tutorial - NEW!
What kinds of kitchen DIY do you love to make? Let us know below in the comments!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
- DIY Oven Mitt
- 53 Free Mug Rug Patterns and Placemat Patterns
- 25+ How to Make Potholders Patterns and Other Kitchen Projects
- 20+ Patterns to Make Dish Towels
- Gorgeous Table Runner Patterns: 17 DIY Table Runner Tutorials
- Fat Quarter Pot Holder
- Amazing Amish DIY Dish Towel
- Vintage Inspired Dinner Roll Holder
- 6 Free Casserole Carrier Patterns + 16 Other Food Transport Ideas
- Dish Towels and Cloths
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Snowy Scene Bag Transformation
- 40+ Patterns for Easy Homemade Pillows
- 2 Yard Ruffle Pillow Sham
- Vera Beatnik Turtleneck Tutorial
- Pineapple Fabrics
- Ellie Precut Fabric Pack Review
- T-Shirt Tutu Tutorial
- One Yard Leather Bag
- I-Heart-You Mini Quilt
- Modern Grace Dress Pattern