Follow Us on Facebook
Get updates from AllFreeSewing.com posted directly to your News Feed.
Thanks for signing up!
14 Long Dresses for Summer + Women's Maxi Dresses and Skirts
By: Kirsten Kwon, Editor of AllFreeSewing.com
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
It's no secret that maxi dresses have been one of this summer's most popular trends. What's not to love? They're slimming, flatter every body type, comfortable and easy to dress up or keep casual. One more thing to love about these long dresses for summer - you can actually make them yourself! Sure, you can find these maxi dresses all over the stores but at a much higher price. As sewists, we're always looking for the DIY option. In this collection you'll find 14 long dresses for summer and women's maxi dresses and skirts. Women's maxi dresses are all the rage and even when summer comes to a close, these pieces can easily carry over into fall by adding on a cute jacket and boots.
Table of Contents:
2. Strapless Maxi Dress (shown): Resort maxi dresses are perfect for summer parties.
3. The SoHo Maxi Dress: An easy DIY Maxi Dress with funky flair.
4. Vintage Sheet to Maxi Dress: Learn how to make a maxi dress from your favorite vintage piece.
5. Simple Maxi Dress: Maxi dresses (as simple as this one) are a summer staple for your wardrobe.
1. Coal Dress: Free long dress pattern creates one piece that looks like two!
2. Knit Peasant Dress Tutorial: Learn to sew dresses that are super-comfy.
3. The Cabo Dress T-Shirt Refashion: perfect for the beach or a tropical restaurant.
4. Convertible Dress/Skirt (shown): Convert this piece to fit your needs - it works as both a simple skirt and a free long dress pattern.
2. DIY Maxi Skirt: Sewing long skirts can pay off in style and comfort.
3. The Jersey Skirt (shown): You sew long skirts so you can look cute all year - try this season friendly project.
4. The Under Skirt: A free skirt pattern that's totally practical for your wardrobe.
5. Anthropologie Ruffled Skirt Tutorial: Dress this one up for work or date night - sewing long skirts has never been this fun.
Top Dress Patterns