30 Free Sewing Patterns for Women: Mother's Day Gift Ideas
By: The editors of AllFreeSewing.com
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
30 Free Sewing Patterns for Women: Mother's Day Gift Ideas
This mother’s day, opt for something special for mom. If you’re a mom, check out these mother’s day gift ideas and treat yourself! Homemade gifts are always more meaningful and memorable than anything store bought. With even just basic sewing skills you can create something beautiful and useful for yourself or a mother you know. Motherhood is such a wonderful experience. Women from all walks of life deserve to be pampered and appreciated especially on Mother’s Day. For the sewing enthusiasts in us all, we’ve rounded up several Mother’s Day gift ideas and free sewing patterns for women. If you know a mom who loves gadgets, we’ve included DIY gadget cases you can embellish and personalize. For the stylish mom, check out our free skirt patterns. And for the mom who loves to dress up every day outfits with special handmade jewelry, we’ve included free jewelry ideas too.
Mother’s Day is coming up and now is the time to start working on your homemade gifts. Let this collection inspire you to sit down with the sewing machine and whip up something wonderful. She’ll cherish it forever! And if you’re a crafty mom yourself, we know you’ve earned some quality time with your fabric stash; sew away!
If you've searched high and low for free sewing patterns for women that your mom will love, check out some of these beautiful accessories. These homemade gift ideas make for wonderful gifts any woman would be happy to own. Our Mother's Day gift ideas include useful accessories like DIY gadget cases for tech savvy moms. Have a mom who's all about fabric jewelry? We've got you covered there too. And for the moms who frequent the gym, check out this cute Gym Tote Bag that will help easily transport workout gear to and from home. These creative homemade gift ideas beat any store bought present because they're truly from the heart. Whip up any of these accessory gifts and you'll have a wonderful homemade present to show your mother how special she is to you. Remember, if you're the mom, treat yourself to these wonderful ideas. You deserve it!
- Buttoned Tablet Cover
- Gym Tote Bag Tutorial
- Jewelry Roll Tutorial
- Cute Ruffled Needlecase
- One Hour Bag
- Arabesque Bag
- Clear DIY Makeup Bag
- Whimsical Felt Slippers Tutorial
- 12 Beautiful Tote Purse Patterns eBook
It’s rare to find a woman who doesn’t love clothes. This Mother’s Day, make your mom feel gorgeous with these free sewing patterns for women. Lovely dresses and skirts will make any woman feel super pampered and beautiful on her special day. We’ve also included a pair of pajama pants for comfy nights and winding down at the end of a long day. Mothers work hard; let them relax in a cozy pair of PJ’s.
- The Pinwheel Skirt
- Ice Cream Social Skirt
- How to Sew Pajama Pants
- Colorblock T-Shirt Dress
- 30 Minute Sheath Dress
- Glitter Girl Cardigan
- DIY Gathered Shirt
- Aztec DIY Shawl Pattern
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
What kind of homemade gift ideas roundup would this be without some DIY jewelry projects? We all know the way to a woman’s heart is through jewelry. Show your mother how much you appreciate her with these adorable fabric jewelry patterns. For all mothers who love to sew, check out these Mother’s Day gift ideas too! Nobody said you couldn’t make something wonderful for yourself. Dress up your favorite ensemble with these super-cute DIY jewelry projects. Sewing for women has never been quicker and easier than when you’re whipping up some one-of-a-kind jewelry pieces.
- Beaded Bib Necklace
- How to Make a Quick Cuff Bracelet
- Pretty Fabric Chandelier Earrings
- Linen Travel Jewelry Bag
For the crafty types that like to take breaks from the sewing machine, we’ve included a few no-sew projects in this handy collection as well. Below are a few Mother’s Day gift ideas that require little to no sewing at all. Instead of using a needle and thread, just round up some pretty fabric and get creative. These simple homemade gift ideas make for great last minute presents too. You’d be surprised by what you can create just using fabric and your imagination.
- Effortless T-Shirt Headband
- No Sew Fabric Covered Pushpins
- No Sew Ruffled Summer Top
- Easy and Cheap Apron
- Beautiful Beaded Zipper Pull
- Crazy Quick Upcycled Hat
- Springtime DIY Upholstery Chair
- Decorative Fabric Jars
Do you have any special memories of giving or receiving homemade gifts for Mother's Day? Please share with us!
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- How to Sew a Gift for Any Occasion: 12 Easy Do-It-Yourself Gift Ideas Free eBook
- How to Sew Placemats: 6 Holiday Craft Ideas
- Garden Fresh Fabric Tomatoes and Pumpkins
- 30 Free Sewing Patterns for Women: Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- Ribbon Bunting
- 4 Homemade Gifts For Any Occasion + 7 New DIY Gift Ideas
- Reversible Quilted Place Mats
- Day of the Dead Tote
- 4 DIY Gifts for Any Time of Year
- Reversible Halloween/Thanksgiving Pillow
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 6 Free Sewing Projects to Make for Going Back to School
- 6 Sew Easy To Make Christmas Ornaments
- 6 Sewing Projects for Christmas: How to Make Easy Last Minute Christmas Gifts
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Give Thanks: 10 Sewing Ideas for Thanksgiving
- Homemade Halloween Costumes: 11 Kids Halloween Costume Ideas
- How to Make Your Own Halloween Costumes: 9 DIY Halloween Costumes
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 4 DIY Elsa Costume Ideas & 7 Other Frozen-Inspired Ideas
- How to Upcycle a Tie
- How to Sew a Zipper in a Purse
- Leave It to Beaver Kitchen Decor
- Route 66 Sewn Pillow Pattern
- John Wayne Baby Blanket Pattern
- Fuzzy DIY Pet Bed
- How to Stencil a Boy's Shirt
- How to Make a Cape Like Anna's
- Hawaiian Dreams DIY Napkins