21 Projects To Show Your Teacher Appreciation: Homemade Gifts to Sew
By: Kirsten Kwon, Editor of AllFreeSewing.com
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Ideas for Teacher Appreciation Week: 13 Projects to Show Your Teacher Appreciation: Homemade Gifts to Sew
Where would we be without teachers? It's so important that our valued teachers receive recognition for their hard work and efforts. This teacher appreciation week, show your teacher how much you value them and their lessons. We’ve put together teacher appreciation week ideas that are sure to put a smile on your teacher’s face. Ditch the standard store bought gift and opt for handmade teacher appreciation gifts. With these 13 homemade teacher appreciation gift ideas, you can find a project (or a few!) that you know your teacher will love. As sewists, it’s so rewarding to make gifts rather than purchase them. The personal touch truly shows that you care. Choose to make any of these teacher appreciation homemade gifts for teacher appreciation week and give your teacher the proper thank you they deserve!
Looking for more easy gift ideas? Check out our free collection, How to Sew a Gift for Any Occasion: 12 Easy Do-It-Yourself Gift Ideas. This eBook is yours to download for free!
Make any of these quick handmade teacher appreciation gifts in no time! Even if you’ve waiting until the last minute, you can still make gifts for teacher appreciation week. Use your sewing skills to create handmade teacher appreciation gifts; you can be rewarded extra credit for making projects that won’t even take a long time to complete. Check out these quick and simple sewing projects, all of which make for great teacher gifts.
- Tissue Pouch Tutorial: Grab some cute fabric and create several as gifts.
- Hand Sanitizer Holder: Keeps hands clean and stops the spread of germs!
- Bunting Cosmetic Bag: An adorable makeup or change purse.
- Car CD Holder Tutorial: There's nothing better than good tunes during your morning drive.
- The Scrap Bucket Basket: Perfect for a teachers who need to store any extra supplies on their desks.
- Lovely Scissor Holder: Keep the classroom pair of scissors and supplies in a secure place on the wall.
Even though not all teachers are alike, there are some things every teacher needs. When thinking of what to make for your teacher, consider creating gifts they can use in the classroom. All of these handmade teacher appreciation gifts are useful for teachers. If you’re looking for a thoughtful way to show your teacher appreciation, homemade gifts are the way to go.
- Compact Zippered Cosmetic Bag: Perfect place to store makeup while in the classroom and on the go.
- Zippered Laptop Sleeve: Make this colorful and fun cover to protect their laptop.
- 15 Minute Mouse Pad Wrist Rest: Makes all those hours spent on the computer a bit more comfortable.
- Journal Cover Tutorial: A cute way to dress up any standard notebook.
- Stash Busting Linen Napkins: Give something to a tacher that they can use for their kitchen decor. These linene napkins are an excellent way to show your appreciation to a teacher.
- Fab Feathered DIY Dish Towels: A trendy and adoable DIY towel, anyone would love to receive this handmade kitchen accessory.
- Scraptacular Pot Holder Pocket: Teachers eat too! Gift this unexpected idea to one of your child's teachers as a quirky and useful present.
You've got the teachers covered, what about the students? Head back to school in style with, 6 Free Sewing Projects to Make for Going Back to School free eBook!
Put your creativity to the test by creating your own teacher appreciation week gifts. Separate your gift from the rest by making handmade teacher appreciation gifts (and steering clear of generic, store bought presents). With this collection of ideas for teacher appreciation week and your sewing skill set, there’s no excuse not to create lovely gifts this teacher appreciation week.
- How to Sew a Wine Tote: Make it easy for them to travel to holiday parties and get-togethers.
- Bath Towel Spa Slippers: These comfy slippers offer the ultimate comfort for relaxing.
- Arm Band Pouch: Great for afterschool workouts.
- Hanging Jewelry Holder: Helps organize jewelry so pieces don't clutter the home.
- Pleated Apron With Built In Hot Pads: The search for hot pads is over; they're attached to the apron!
- Apple Printed Lunch Sack From Old Jeans: Give your teacher this adorable lunch tote and you're sure to become a favorite student.
- Mini Quilt Lunch Sack: The Mini Quilt Lunch Sack requires little fabric and time but delivers a lunch tote that's great for your midday meal on the go. Every teacher needs a handy lunch sack!
- No Sew Eyeglasses Case: Find a cute potholder and the no sew fabric projects are endless! Even if you don't sew you can still make your teacher a useful accessory.
Which of these projects would you consider making for your teacher? Leave a comment below and tell us why!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Towel Mat Tutorial
- 20 Easy Fabric Flower Patterns
- The Curling Iron Tote
- 23 Vintage Sewing Projects and Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers eBook
- 32 Quick and Easy Sewing Projects
- 37 Gadget Cases and Kindle Cover Sewing Patterns
- 100 Free Sewing Tutorials: DIY Organizers, Patterns for Women's Dresses & More
- 100 Favorites: DIY Sewing Projects for Bags, Babies, and More
- 15 House Slipper Sewing Patterns & Comfy Sewing Ideas + 6 Rice Bags and Hand Warmers
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 6 Sew Easy To Make Christmas Ornaments
- 6 Sewing Projects for Christmas: How to Make Easy Last Minute Christmas Gifts
- How to Sew a Gift for Any Occasion: 12 Easy Do-It-Yourself Gift Ideas
- Sewing Bags: Tutorials You'll Love & 15 Free Purse Sewing Pattern
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewn Christmas Gifts Guide By Brother
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Whats Your Sewing Personality?
- Diving Elf Legs
- How to Hem: Basic Double Fold Hem
- Name this Elf Idea!
- How to Stitch: Stitching Basics
- How to Use a Sewing Machine: Getting Comfortable
- How to Make an Infinity Scarf
- Flappy Easy Purse Pattern
- How to Paper Stitch
- How to Make an Applecore Template