25 Easy Fabric Flower Patterns
By: Kirsten Kwon, Editor of AllFreeSewing.com
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Ribbon flowers, silk flowers, fabric roses - they all make great sewn projects! Fabric flowers are fun to make and can be used in many different ways. Just take a fabric you like and turn it into a sewn fabric flower.You can create a stylish hair piece or pin. If you're new to making fabric flowers, just check out any of these projects. You'll learn how to make fabric flowers in no time. Making fabric flowers is an activity all sewers can enjoy, no matter the skill level. With these 20 Easy Fabric Flower Patterns, you'll be hooked on making fabric flowers. Once you know how to sew flowers from fabric, you'll love making all kinds of fabric flowers for yourself and as gifts. You can even dress up your outfit or home with fabric flowers!
Tattered Flowers for Embellishement: Use this free sewing pattern to add a touch of spring to everything! These tattered button flowers can be added to bags, headbands, shirts or even skirts. Get creative, there are tons of possibilities!
Felt Flower Tutorial: You can use these lovely flowers to spruce up tons of projects. Use them to make a decorative pillow or a wreath (like the one shown) for a holiday craft. Follow the Felt Flower Tutorial - the possibilities are endless.
Ribbon Flower Pin: Creating fabric flowers has never been easier than with this ribbon flower pin pattern. If you've got 5 minutes to spare, you've got a new, homemade accessory!
Bias Fabric Flower Tutorial: Refashion any stray scraps hanging around and make the lovely flowers. Let the Bias Fabric Flowers Tutorial show you how it's done. Then turn your fabric flowers in hair pieces or pins.
Plush Flowers in Pots: Create a cheery and inviting spring home with these plush flowers in pots. Use whatever colors you want to match your decor. The best part? These flowers live forever!
Patriotic Ric Rac Flowers: Here's a great holiday craft idea--make a fabric flower accessory out of leftover ric rac to use in your 4th of July celebration. With these fabric flowers patterns, you can wear them, use them as napkin rings, and much more!
Long Stemmed Fabric Flowers: Make a thrifty but beautiful project by turning your fabric scraps into Long Stemmed Fabric Flowers. With an assortment of fabrics and a special arrangement, this sewing project will definitely put a smile on your face.
Ruffled Flower Pin: Use these fabric flowers patterns to make your own ruffled flower pin! Use it as a brooch, a corsage, or a hair pin, or make several to attach to a headband or lapel. The possibilities are endless when you know how to sew flowers from fabric!
Combined Crafts DIY Fabric Flower: In addition to sewing, involve a different skill into your flowers crafts. This tutorial allows you to include a crocheted flower alongside your fabric petals.
Easy Christmas Poinsettia Headband: Keep Christmas all year round by sewing a flower that's December's favorite. This tutorial is totally accessible for the beginning sewist and yields a lovely finished product.
Find a few more of our favorite fabric flower tutorials to this collection.
Denim Flower Corsage: You'll love learning how to sew together various floral shapes into one dimensional corsage. Add extra beading to the top to polish off the look. You can use this as a homemade gift or keep it as a brooch for yourself.
Flower Embellishment Tutorial: The pictures accompanying these instructions will make it virtually impossible for you to fail in your floral endeavors. Add this flower to a shirt, a bag, or anything you want to spruce up.
Ruched Fabric Flower: This fabric tutorial is so easy and yields such charming results, you'll likely end up with many more flowers than you bargained for. Learn how to make a fabric flower that you absolutely adore with this tutorial.
Really Easy Flowers: By following these instructions on how to make a fabric flower out of ric rac and buttons, you can clear out your stash elegantly and effectively.
Ruffly Flower Tutorial: What wouldn't you use this ruffled flower on? Read through this fabric flower tutorial to gain insight into shaping a dimensional and artistic rendition of nature's most gorgeous accessory.
Scrappy Fabric Flower: If you have scraps (and you probably do), don't toss them. Rather, learn how to make fabric flowers that won't take much time and can be applied anywhere.
Easy Ribbon Flower Accessory: Ribbons are a sewer's best friend, at least when they create gorgeous DIY flowers like this accessory. Take a few minutes to create a gorgeous piece like this one.
Easy Fabric Flower: Your tiniest scraps can contribute to an ultimately favorite accessory. Take that old denim and transform it into an arrangement of petals you'll love to display from this easy-to-follow fabric flower tutorial.
Scrunched Fabric Flower: This fabric flower tutorial yields a lovely, one dimensional embellishment that will spruce up any piece.
Edgy Girl Zippered Flowers: Learn how to make a flower out of a zipper.
Printable Fabric Flower Tutorial: Use this free printable pattern to make a lovely, little rose.
Camellia Fabric Flowers Tutorial: This free fabric flower make a great DIY headband.
Fabric Rose Pattern Headband: Learn how to make a DIY headband for your baby.
Memory Lane Poppy Bouquet: Learn how to quilt a gorgeous DIY flower craft for your home.
Modern Vintage Felt Flowers: Make some fancy fabric flower crafts out out felt with this beginner sewing tutorial.
Interested in more fabric flowers?
You can see what beautiful blossoms we have on AllFreeSewing by checking out our collection of projects that involve fabric flowers!
Thank you to everyone for participating! Congrats to chocomaniac1951 1739568! You won a bundle of books from the Sewing Bunny & Martingale! Please expect an email from us shortly.
Are sewn fabric flowers good substitutes for real ones?
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page below.
- Winner will be announced here on the morning of April 16th, 2014 as well as contacted by the email address provided in their account (please do NOT leave your email address in the comments - you already provided it when you created your account)
- You have until tonight, April 15th, 2014 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 26 Fabric Baskets, Boxes and Storage: How to Organize
- 25 Easy Fabric Flower Patterns
- Gathered Round Basket
- 8 Awesome DIY Organizers: Sewing Organizer Tutorials eBook
- 43 Quick and Easy Sewing Projects
- DIY Hair Curlers
- 100 Free Sewing Tutorials: DIY Organizers, Patterns for Women's Dresses & More
- Fancy DIY Fabric Flower
- Super Sewing DIY Organizer
- Scrapbusting Fabric Organizer
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 12 Beautiful Tote Purse Patterns Plus How to Make a Clutch for Everyday
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 8 Easter Sewing Projects
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Free Sewing Patterns for Spring Fashion: 8 DIY Sewing Projects
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Make a Pillowcase of Pinwheels
- Bluebird Park Baby Quilt Pattern
- Special Occasion Girls' Skirt Pattern
- T-Shirt DIY Grocery Bag
- Woodland Deer Embroidered Zipper Pouch
- 20 Free Printable Sewing Patterns
- Downton Abbey Fabric Collection
- Andover Fabrics
- Scrappy Elephant Stuffed Animal Patterns
- Nature Damask Free Pillow Pattern