25 Easy Fabric Flower Patterns
By: Kirsten Kwon, Editor of AllFreeSewing.com
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Ribbon flowers, silk flowers, fabric roses - they all make great sewn projects! Fabric flowers are fun to make and can be used in many different ways. Just take a fabric you like and turn it into a sewn fabric flower.You can create a stylish hair piece or pin. If you're new to making fabric flowers, just check out any of these projects. You'll learn how to make fabric flowers in no time. Making fabric flowers is an activity all sewers can enjoy, no matter the skill level. With these 25 Easy Fabric Flower Patterns, you'll be hooked on making fabric flowers. Once you know how to sew flowers from fabric, you'll love making all kinds of fabric flowers for yourself and as gifts. You can even dress up your outfit or home with fabric flowers! Free sewing project ideas like these stunning DIY fabric flowers make fabulous embellishments, awesome stash busters, and fantastic quick and easy sewing patterns.
Plus, check out our free sewing patterns eBook, Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers.
25 Easy Fabric Flower Patterns
- Tattered Flowers for Embellishment: Use this free sewing pattern to add a touch of spring to everything! These tattered button flowers can be added to bags, headbands, shirts or even skirts. Get creative, there are tons of possibilities!
- Felt Flower Tutorial: You can use these lovely flowers to spruce up tons of projects. Use them to make a decorative pillow or a wreath (like the one shown) for a holiday craft. Follow the Felt Flower Tutorial - the possibilities are endless.
- Ribbon Flower Pin: Creating fabric flowers has never been easier than with this ribbon flower pin pattern. If you've got 5 minutes to spare, you've got a new, homemade accessory!
- Bias Fabric Flower Tutorial: Refashion any stray scraps hanging around and make the lovely flowers. Let the Bias Fabric Flowers Tutorial show you how it's done. Then turn your fabric flowers in hair pieces or pins.
- Plush Flowers in Pots: Create a cheery and inviting spring home with these plush flowers in pots. Use whatever colors you want to match your decor. The best part? These flowers live forever!
- Patriotic Ric Rac Flowers: Here's a great holiday craft idea--make a fabric flower accessory out of leftover ric rac to use in your 4th of July celebration. With these fabric flowers patterns, you can wear them, use them as napkin rings, and much more!
- Long Stemmed Fabric Flowers: Make a thrifty but beautiful project by turning your fabric scraps into Long Stemmed Fabric Flowers. With an assortment of fabrics and a special arrangement, this sewing project will definitely put a smile on your face.
- Ruffled Flower Pin: Use these fabric flowers patterns to make your own ruffled flower pin! Use it as a brooch, a corsage, or a hair pin, or make several to attach to a headband or lapel. The possibilities are endless when you know how to sew flowers from fabric!
- Combined Crafts DIY Fabric Flower: In addition to sewing, involve a different skill into your flowers crafts. This tutorial allows you to include a crocheted flower alongside your fabric petals.
- Easy Christmas Poinsettia Headband: Keep Christmas all year round by sewing a flower that's December's favorite. This tutorial is totally accessible for the beginning sewist and yields a lovely finished product.
- Denim Flower Corsage: You'll love learning how to sew together various floral shapes into one dimensional corsage. Add extra beading to the top to polish off the look. You can use this as a homemade gift or keep it as a brooch for yourself.
- Flower Embellishment Tutorial: The pictures accompanying these instructions will make it virtually impossible for you to fail in your floral endeavors. Add this flower to a shirt, a bag, or anything you want to spruce up.
- Ruched Fabric Flower: This fabric tutorial is so easy and yields such charming results, you'll likely end up with many more flowers than you bargained for. Learn how to make a fabric flower that you absolutely adore with this tutorial.
- Really Easy Flowers: By following these instructions on how to make a fabric flower out of ric rac and buttons, you can clear out your stash elegantly and effectively.
- Ruffly Flower Tutorial: What wouldn't you use this ruffled flower on? Read through this fabric flower tutorial to gain insight into shaping a dimensional and artistic rendition of nature's most gorgeous accessory.
- Scrappy Fabric Flower: If you have scraps (and you probably do), don't toss them. Rather, learn how to make fabric flowers that won't take much time and can be applied anywhere.
- Easy Ribbon Flower Accessory: Ribbons are a sewer's best friend, at least when they create gorgeous DIY flowers like this accessory. Take a few minutes to create a gorgeous piece like this one.
- Easy Fabric Flower: Your tiniest scraps can contribute to an ultimately favorite accessory. Take that old denim and transform it into an arrangement of petals you'll love to display from this easy-to-follow fabric flower tutorial.
- Scrunched Fabric Flower: This fabric flower tutorial yields a lovely, one dimensional embellishment that will spruce up any piece.
- Edgy Girl Zippered Flowers: Learn how to make a flower out of a zipper.
- Printable Fabric Flower Tutorial: Use this free printable pattern to make a lovely, little rose.
- Camellia Fabric Flowers Tutorial: This free fabric flower make a great DIY headband.
- Fabric Rose Pattern Headband: Learn how to make a DIY headband for your baby.
- Memory Lane Poppy Bouquet: Learn how to quilt a gorgeous DIY flower craft for your home.
- Modern Vintage Felt Flowers: Make some fancy fabric flower crafts out out felt with this beginner sewing tutorial.
You can see what beautiful blossoms we have on AllFreeSewing by checking out our collection of projects that involve fabric flowers!
Are sewn fabric flowers good substitutes for real ones?
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Pattern Weights
- Pretty Petal Shower Curtain
- 3 Ways to Embellish Your Scarf
- 15 Minute DIY Coffee Cozy
- 50 Quick and Easy Sewing Projects
- Pretty Fabric Envelopes
- 100 Free Sewing Tutorials: DIY Organizers, Patterns for Women's Dresses & More
- 100+ Sewing Projects by the Yard
- DIY Sanitary Pads
- 26 Fabric Baskets, Boxes and Storage: How to Organize
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 12 Beautiful Tote Purse Patterns Plus How to Make a Clutch for Everyday
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 6 Free Sewing Projects to Make for Going Back to School
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Betty Bodice Dress
- Precious Embroidered Heart Ornament
- Creative Options Tapered Tote
- Bolster Bag Yarn Caddy
- 30 Spool Thread Rack
- Snowflake Applique for Pillows
- Ruffled Baby Bib
- Easy Tablecloth Sweater Dress
- 9 Patch Quilt Block Ornament
- 15+ Free Dress Patterns for New Year's Eve