13 New Free Quilt Patterns + 8 Easy Quilt Patterns
By: The Editors of AllFreeSewing.com
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Whether you've never made a quilt before or your home is covered in handmade quilting projects, finding new free quilt patterns is always inspiring. This collection of free modern quilt patterns includes pinwheel quilts like the Adorable Pinwheel Quilt. You'll also find smaller, less time-consuming quilting projects you can make for your home or as gifts. Try the Quilted Coasters if you're looking for free quilt patterns for a quick quilting fix. Finally, this collection doesn't skip on the traditional blanket quilts we all love to make. The Belvedere Floral Quilt is a great example of free modern quilt patterns that can really spruce up your home and add a pop of color to an otherwise dull room. Yes, quilts are time consuming but they are also truly rewarding. Once you complete any of these easy free quilt patterns you'll find that with the right free quilt patterns you can create something beautiful and memorable. The 13 New Free Quilt Patterns collection will deliver free modern quilt patterns you’ll find helpful and inspiring.
13 New Free Quilt Patterns + 8 Easy Quilt Patterns
Table of Contents
If you love sewing for the home, download our free eBook, 8 Easy Sewing Projects for the Home: Free Sewing Patterns for Home Decor.
1. Pinwheel Tutorial: Before you tackle any of the new free quilt patterns, learn how to make fun half square triangle blocks that will give your quilt the pinwheel look.
2. Pretty Pinwheel Quilt: This beautiful pinwheel quilt is perfect for outdoor summer events. With free pinwheel quilt patterns like this one, you'll be able to create lovely quilt yourself.
3. Adorable Pinwheel Quilt: If you're in need of free pinwheel quilt patterns to create a special birthday or holiday gift, look no further than this super-cute quilt.
4. Butterfly Garden Quilt: This colorful Butterfly Garden Quilt is a great way to use up all your fabric scraps. This free quilt pattern features cute little butterfly and a bright hexagon shapes. Make a beautiful blanket with this quilt block tutorial.
5. Orange Quilt: When you find free quilt patterns this creative you can't pass them up. Choose your favorite color of fabric and get to sewing; you'll love the results.
6. The Batik Braid Quilt: Featuring a beautiful design, this free modern quilt pattern will look great hanging on display in your home. Use a thick lining for extra comfort and use the quilt as a winter blanket.
7. Belvedere Floral Quilt: Make a pretty floral quilt you can be proud to say you created. With seven different kinds of fabric, make your quilt truly unique.
8. Layer Cake Disappearing 9 Patch Quilt: This Layer Cake Disappearing 9 Patch tutorial instructs you on how to construct a queen sized quilt that will look stunning as a bed spread.
9. How to Sew a Wine Tote: Use new free quilt patterns like this one to make a great hostess gift for a friend. You can even line the inside to keep the wine cold while in transit!
10. Quilted Baby On the Go Diaper Bag: With lots of space and various compartments, you can keep everything organized in this handy bag.
11. Quilted Coasters: Instead of purchasing generic coasters for your coffee table, make your own. These quilted coasters are cute and thrifty.
12. Quilted Lining Laptop Sleeve: You can even use some free modern quilt patterns to make a cover for your favorite gadget.
13. Quilted Wall Hangings: Piece some complementary fabric together, frame it, and hang it on the wall! That's how easy it is to make quilted wall hangings with this beginner sewing project.
Looking for even more quilt ideas? Check out our other quilt collection, 18 Easy Quilt Patterns for Beginners + 8 New Quilt Patterns.
If you're just beginning to learn how to sew a quilt, and some of these projects seem a little intimidating, don't worry! Here are a bunch of easy quilt projects that are perfect for beginner sewists.
- Fabric Scraps Quilt: The easy-to-follow tutorial makes this quilt pattern perfect for beginners. It is also the perfect way to let loose if you are an experienced quilter tired of following strict patterns.
- 36 Box Block Quilt: When you explore beginner sewing projects like this 36 Box Block Quilt, you don't only end up with a great blanket. Make a quilt that will help perfect basic skills such as layering and basting.
- Summer Quilt for Beginners: The Summer Quilt for Beginners is beautiful and easy to create. Choose bright fabrics for the season or get started on a holiday themed quilt early.
- Doll Quilt: This quilt's tiny size makes it faster to make and great for babies or American Girl dolls. Add on to this doll quilt pattern and make it the perfect size for an infant's first blankie.
- Scrappy Flora Easy Quilt Tutorial: Grab that pretty fabric you've been dying to create with and let this free modern quilt pattern inspire you to quilt! You'll love the results.
- Fuzzy and Fun I-Spy Quilt: This combination game and quilt will keep kids busy and smiling as they look for hidden objects.
- Pink Squares Patchwork Baby Quilt: Welcome a beautiful new baby girl into the world with this cozy, easy-to-make quilt that she'll cherish forever.
- Beginner Zig Zag Quilt: This layered quilt is the perfect project for a beginner. The unique design is like nothing you've ever seen before.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Sew a T-Shirt Skirt
- Little Lady Braided Dress Pattern
- Sew Girly Ruffle Shirt Pattern
- Ladylike Lace Upcycled Jeans
- Scrapbuster Hair Bow Tutorial
- Easy Girls Gathered Dress Free Sewing Pattern
- Spa Day Comfort Pack
- DIY Garden Apron
- How to Sew Pockets: 7 Sewing Tutorials and Patterns
- Easy Infinity Shirt Tutorial