13 Ways to Learn How to Make Placemats
By: Kirsten Kwon, Editor of AllFreeSewing.com
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Make the food and set the table, it's time to have a special meal! If you're entertaining a crowd or just want a polished way to jazz up the family table, take a look at these free sewing patterns for placemats. They can truly add to your table decorations and with the 13 projects in this collection, you're sure to find free sewing placemats that suit you. Beginners and advanced sewists alike can enjoy sewing placemats with these easy ideas. When the holidays roll around, you might want to have a set of placemats like the Festive Felt Placemats. They're perfect for holiday decor. In the spring, make the Fussy Cut Placemats and add a pop of color to the table. Or for anytime, make kid placemats like the Placemats and Napkins for Kids. If you want to know how to make placemats, you've found the right collection. With these projects and tutorials, you can learn how to make placemats and get tons of ideas for every season.
Love making easy sewing projects for your home? Then you should check out our 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How to Organize Your Room eBook!
13 Ways to Learn How to Make Placemats
- Fussy Cut Placemats: Kitchen crafts are fun when you're using free sewing projects. Use this free sewing placemat tutorial to make fussy cut placemats for your kitchen.
- Patchwork Placemat Tutorial: If you're looking for a simple placemat setting for your table, let the Patchwork Placemat Tutorial show you how to make placemats. You'll love the results because with this tutorial you'll end up with a placemat that's perfect for any kind of meal.
- Picture Placemats: Now your family will always know where to sit--just make these picture place mats with a photo of each family member at their assigned seat. Use our free sewing placemats to get started.
- Festive Felt Placemats: Festive Felt Placemats are a holly jolly and easy Christmas sewing project. They're soft to the touch and keep your table surfaces clean!
- Reversible Oilcloth Placemats: The Reversible Oilcloth Placemats are a fun way to spruce up your table and add some life to your meal. With these easy instructions, you can learn how to make placemats and have them on the table for dinner tonight.
- Child's Placemat Apron: Ever wondered how to make kids placemats? This is the perfect free sewing pattern for you! The Child's Placemat Apron can be small enough for any young cook.
- Table Placemats From Cloth: Learn how to make table placemats from cloth with this great kitchen craft. Use our free sewing craft pattern to spruce up your table with personalized touches.
- Take Along Placemat : Going to the office? Or to a picnic? Chances are, at some point you're going to be eating on the go. Make this handy Take Along Placemat so you'll be ready to enjoy a meal no matter where you are. You've found great free sewing patterns for placemats.
- Placemats and Napkins for Kids: Looking for a way to get your kids to the table? Make kids placemats and maybe they'll think dinner time is more fun. You can sew these up in no time and really dress up the table.
- Scrappy Patchwork Placemats: Add these quilted little darlings to any table setting for some fun, practical pizazz.
- Classic Retro-Inspired Placemats: This is one of those free sewing patterns for placemats that looks stunning and professional.
- Pet Food Placemat: Even your dog loves a cute, free placemat pattern.
- Easy Place Mats: The name says it all! These place mats are insanely easy to make!
Want more? We've got 18 Kitchen Projects: How to Make Potholders + 8 New Ideas for you!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 6 Sew Easy To Make Christmas Ornaments
- 9 Ways To Transform Old T-Shirts
- Sewing For Beginners
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- The Sewn Christmas Gifts Guide
- 8 Easter Sewing Projects
- 7 Easy Valentine's Day Sewing Projects
- Upcycle T-Shirts: 10 Projects to Make for Kids
- 6 Holiday Sewing Ideas: Celebrate a DIY 4th of July
- 6 Free Sewing Projects to Make for Going Back to School
- 6 Sewing Projects for Christmas: How to Make Easy Last Minute Christmas Gifts
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- Sewing Bags: Tutorials You'll Love & 15 Free Purse Sewing Pattern
- 8 Easy Sewing Projects for the Home
- How to Make Your Own Halloween Costumes: 9 DIY Halloween Costumes
- Zipper Fun: Sew in a Zipper With These 6 Free Sewing Patterns
- 12 Beautiful Tote Purse Patterns Plus How to Make a Clutch for Everyday
- 8 Awesome DIY Organizers: Sewing Organizer Tutorials
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners
- Give Thanks: 10 Sewing Ideas for Thanksgiving
- How to Sew a Gift for Any Occasion: 12 Easy Do-It-Yourself Gift Ideas
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- 24 Handmade Craft Ideas from 2010: A Year of Free Crafts
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- Free Sewing Patterns for Spring Fashion: 8 DIY Sewing Projects
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Homemade Halloween Costumes: 11 Kids Halloween Costume Ideas
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Windy City Bags
- Bag and Play Mat in One
- How to Make a Hooded Towel for Kids
- Travel Diaper Changing Pad Pattern
- OlyFun Metallic Innovative Craft Material
- How to Make Toddler Ruffle Pants
- KC from The Real Thing with the Coake Family
- How to Make a Pillow Pet
- Boxy Cosmetic Bag Tutorial
- How to Sew a Fleece Hat