We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
The perfect beginner sewing pattern, this Book Bag with Waterproof Lining is a great DIY organizer! Whether you are looking for a creative DIY gift or want some DIY storage for yourself, this project is a winner! With an easy-to-follow tutorial, this project can be completed in an evening. Although this is suitable for beginners, this pattern works for all skill-levels.
From the Blogger: "Book bag with waterproof PUL lining. Great for homework bags and keeping precious books safe on your journey. Nice simple sewing project, great for beginners. Full step by step instructions, with plenty of photos. I have put it down as 'in an evening' but that is with beginners in mind. If you are comfortable sewing with bias binding you can definitely sew it in under an hour!"
Project Type: Make a Project
Time to complete: In an evening
Sewn by: Machine
- Fabric - Outer - Medium weight like Cotton Duck/Lightweight Denim
- Fabric - Lining - PUL waterproof fabric
- Bias Binding - two pieces, one 33cm and one 120cm (inch measurements in tutorial too)
- Thread, scissors, pins, pegs/clips etc
- Domes or Velcro
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners