How To Make A Double Welt Pocket Using The 5 Lines Method
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"I am going to show you how to make a double welt pocket using the traditional, but simplified, tailoring method called “five lines”. There are a few ways to make a double welt pockets, this is just one of them. Our double welt pocket has “welts” on both sides of the opening. You'll be very familiar with this style of pocket since it is commonly used on men's and women's tailored jackets, light weight hoodies, light coats, slacks back pockets or the inside of pockets in the lining of jackets. Unfortunately, this technique isn't suitable for very heavy fabrics or situations where you have to match a design such as stripes. "
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Nobody makes cookies like grandma, and now you can preserve her cooking secrets with Grandma's Secret Recipe Pot Holders! This… Continue reading: "Grandma's Secret Recipe Pot Holders"
- How to Use Sewing Patterns
- How to Make a DIY Weighted Blanket for Anxiety
- 10 Best Sewing YouTube Channels
- Sewing Room Organization: Your Complete Guide
- Wrap-around Towel
- Sewing Machine Paper Practice Sheets
- How to Read a Sewing Pattern
- How to Resize a Bra
- How to Get Started Sewing Clothes
- How To Sew French Seams
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Fat Quarter Kid Apron Tutorial
- Sew Four Easy Bookmarks With A Free Pattern
- Origami Bag / Free Pattern With 4 Sizes
- Insulated Baby Bottle Cover Free Sewing Pattern
- Easy Summer Tunic Free Pattern
- Balloon Sleeve Puffy Top Sewing Tutorial
- Free Upcycled Baby Shoes Pattern
- Diy Reusable Makeup Remover Pads
- Diy Travel Toothbrush Roll Bag
- Free Popsicle Holder Sewing Pattern
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners