How To Make A Double Welt Pocket Using The 5 Lines Method
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"I am going to show you how to make a double welt pocket using the traditional, but simplified, tailoring method called “five lines”. There are a few ways to make a double welt pockets, this is just one of them. Our double welt pocket has “welts” on both sides of the opening. You'll be very familiar with this style of pocket since it is commonly used on men's and women's tailored jackets, light weight hoodies, light coats, slacks back pockets or the inside of pockets in the lining of jackets. Unfortunately, this technique isn't suitable for very heavy fabrics or situations where you have to match a design such as stripes. "
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 25 Sewing Projects For Christmas
- How To Make Envelope Pillow Covers
- How To Sew A Drawstring Bag
- Diy Pillowcase Burrito Style
- Hooded Cardigan With Pockets
- Make Your Own 3d Mask- Free Pattern And Tute
- How To Make A Double Welt Pocket Using The 5 Lines Method
- Diy Hooded Towels
- Easy Apron
- 3d Mask With 4 Size Free Pattern
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners