A Quilter's Ark
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
A Quilter's Ark
Provided by Martingale
Reviewed by Kaylee Pope
If you are looking to sew a super cute and unique quilt, you absolutely need to get your hands on this lovely book. Margaret Rolfe’s A Quilters Ark offers a wide range of funky little animal square patterns to add to a quilt. You can piece them together in any way you would like. All you have to do is choose the animals you would like to feature and get started! With over fifty animals to choose from, this might be a tough decision.
I especially love the ideas for full quilts that Rolfe provides in this book. In addition to the single animal squares, there is an Ark Quilt, a Farm Quilt, a North American Animals Quilt, and an Australian Animals Quilt. These quilt ideas make funky and unique housewarming or birthday gifts. I know I am considering making the North American Animals Quilt for my family. If you are feeling creative, you can even use these as inspiration to design your own quilt. Have a cat or dog-lover in your life? I bet they will love an all cat or all dog blanket to cuddle into.
The organization and layout of this book is top-notch, too. Every square comes with detailed instructions on how to craft each adorable little animal. Every animal is displayed on its very own page, complete with the pattern on a plain white background. This book is in no way cluttered or overwhelming. New quilters can easily follow along with the more intricate ideas. There is a table of contents complete with a picture of each animal, too. This makes it easy to find the pattern you are looking for without having to flip through the pages over and over again
A Quilter’s Ark by Margaret Wolfe is such a fun and unique book. If you are a quilter who is looking for a challenge or a new kind of quilt to create, I absolutely recommend these patterns. They are all so much fun.
Enter to win a copy of A Quilter's Ark April 14th through April 28th.
We did not receive compensation in exchange for this review. Items received are used for product review and testing. All opinions are those of the editorial staff. Our Disclosure Policy can be found here.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Learning how to sew a table runner isn't what's stopping you from making one. In fact, you've been eager to try this project for some… Continue reading: "Infinite Options Reversible Table Runner"
- Pincushion Appeal: Patterns for Pincushions to Make You Smile
- Custom Couture
- Sewing Vintage Modern
- Crafting With Flannel Book Review
- The BurdaStyle Sewing Handbook Review
- Sewing Pretty Little Accessories
- Sew It All: Quick Projects
- Redwork from The WORKBASKET
- Cute and Easy Quilting and Stitching
- Baby Times
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Denim Fabric Key Fobs
- Finding A Grainline In Sewing
- Free Summer Dress Sewing Pattern
- How To Sew A Duvet Cover
- How To Sew On A Patch
- How To Hem: 7 Ways To Hem
- Personal Project Portfolio
- Reversible Bucket Hat - Free Sewing Pattern
- Diy Portable Gaming Case
- Sun Pillow Punch Needle Project
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners