Bags of Inspiration
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Bags of Inspiration
Gifted by The Taunton Press
Reviewed by Sari Lesk, editor of AllFreeSewing.com
Few tasks are more difficult for a woman than to turn down an absolutely fabulous bag. Saying goodbye and walking away from that sassy sling bag or that must-have messenger bag that caught your eye (and your heart) is a particularly strenuous experience. Despite how much money you'll save by not purchasing yet another purse, the final decision will still be on your mind when you leave the store with no bag in hand but extra cash in your wallet. If you want to eliminate these incredibly taxing moments from your life, it's high time you pick up a copy of Hilary Bowen's Bags of Inspiration.
This book holds the secrets to adding to-die-for bags to your wardrobe without saying goodbye to your life savings. Bowen's work offers you tutorials for 15 fashionable bags that you will, no doubt, love. Throughout the pages of her book, Bowen supplies you with ideas for bags for every occasion imaginable. Whether you need a purse to bring to a formal dinner, to a business lunch, or to the mall, you are sure to find what you need in Bags of Inspiration.
Because Bowen's patterns are inspired by lovely elements of nature and everyday life, the bags you'll find in her book will prepare you for every season of the year. From animal prints to seashells to flowers and leaves, this book covers all the bases.
Not only does this book walk you through, step by step, how to sew all 15 elegant bags, you are also supplied with several sections of information regarding the basics of bag sewing. Check out the closing sections to learn how to emboss, embellish, and more. Bowen makes sure everyone can take full advantage of her stylish bag patterns by explaining all the techniques necessary to achieve that marvelous final product. Additionally, Bowen provides templates for the designs you'll need for her tutorials, leaving no obstacles standing between you and bags that will grab everyone's attention.
These bags are guaranteed to please. The only real question is, "Which bag will you make first?" Maybe you'll start with the Shimmering Mist, or perhaps the Evening Light. Maybe instead you want to first sew the Winter Days or the Dream Wedding. No matter where you begin, you know you'll be more than satisfied with what you sew.
Those who are in an especially generous mood might even consider sewing some of these bags for friends. They would most certainly be a smash as a birthday gift or as a way to say "congratulations" on a big promotion.
If you're ready to get started sewing yourself the most chic bags on the block, get yourself a copy of Bags of Inspiration today.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Stitched Toys: 20 Stunning But Simple Designs
The Complete Photo Guide to Slipcovers, Pillows & Bedding
Emma Tote Kit
Sewing Vintage Modern
Sewing Pottery by Machine
Pattern Fitting with Confidence
100 Applique Motifs
Pincushion Appeal: Patterns for Pincushions to Make You Smile
Sew It, Stuff It
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Riley Blake Out of this World NASA Fabric
- Free Swim and Rash Guard
- Metallic Dress Made From Strips of Fabric Woven Together
- Summer Sun Hat Made From Strips of Fabric
- DIY Reusable Plastic Baggies
- Reusable Dish Sponge Pattern
- How to Sew a Button
- Shibori Dyed Table Runner and Table Mats
- Magic Pillowcase Instructions (Video Tutorial)
- One Yard Wonders: 26+ One Yard Fabric Sewing Projects
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners