- see all comments
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
"Well it would have been helpful if it had said that in the first place! Thanks for letting us know."
Basics and Beyond: Simple Embellishments
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
Basics and Beyond: Simple Embellishments
Provided by: Leisure Arts
Reviewed by: Kaylee Pope
Brand new sewists and expert seamstresses alike are always looking for new ways to add that extra special wow factor to their homemade projects. Finding ways to make projects entirely yours can separate you from all the other sewists. If you are ready to take the next step by embellishing and decorating your DIY wonders, Basics and Beyond: Simple Embellishments from Leisure Arts is the collection for you. By combining basic tutorials on how to create embellishment basics like shown zippers and yo yos with project ideas attached to each technique, this unique collection is a comprehensive guide on how to apply chic techniques to your sewing endeavors.
All levels of sewists will find value in this collection of tutorials and projects. While you may already know how to create add-ons like yo yos, you will find another technique you have yet to explore. Even if you are an expert with all the knowledge you could possibly want on the topic of adding wow to your sewing, the project ideas are unique and simple. Your sewing endeavors will never be the same once you learn to add a fabulous touch of you to each and every pattern or project you create.
Projects like the “Colorful Collage Mixed Media Jacket” and the “Quilted Binder Cover” use well-known decoration techniques in new ways. It can be hard to find a collection that continually builds on itself and retains its value after you have powered through all of the projects. Leisure Arts’ Basic and Beyond: Simple Embellishments is a book that does not only serve as inspiration. This book can be tucked away on a shelf to serve as an encyclopedia or go-to guide on how to embellish. If you have an old project you want to make new or have just finished a sewn pattern that needs a little something extra, you will always have this cool, chic collection to turn to when you need to add some style.
We did not receive compensation in exchange for this review. Items received are used for product review and testing. All opinions are those of the editorial staff. Our Disclosure Policy can be found here.
Read NextSerendipity Studio Patterns
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
How to Square Up a Block Tutorial
Sometimes it can be hard to try out a new art or a new craft. There are so many specific skills that you need to know that it can be… Continue reading: "How to Square Up a Block Tutorial"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Sew a Simple Coaster
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- May Flowers Spring Wreath DIY
- Easy Shopping Bag
- Dresden Plate Quilt Block
- Chair Cover Sewing Pattern
- Scraptastic Face Wipes
- Easy DIY Heart Pillow (With Reverse Applique)
- Why Do Clothes Shrink in the Dryer?
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners