Basics and Beyond: Simple Embellishments
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Brand new sewists and expert seamstresses alike are always looking for new ways to add that extra special wow factor to their homemade projects. Finding ways to make projects entirely yours can separate you from all the other sewists. If you are ready to take the next step by embellishing and decorating your DIY wonders, Basics and Beyond: Simple Embellishments from Leisure Arts is the collection for you. By combining basic tutorials on how to create embellishment basics like shown zippers and yo yos with project ideas attached to each technique, this unique collection is a comprehensive guide on how to apply chic techniques to your sewing endeavors.
All levels of sewists will find value in this collection of tutorials and projects. While you may already know how to create add-ons like yo yos, you will find another technique you have yet to explore. Even if you are an expert with all the knowledge you could possibly want on the topic of adding wow to your sewing, the project ideas are unique and simple. Your sewing endeavors will never be the same once you learn to add a fabulous touch of you to each and every pattern or project you create.
Projects like the “Colorful Collage Mixed Media Jacket” and the “Quilted Binder Cover” use well-known decoration techniques in new ways. It can be hard to find a collection that continually builds on itself and retains its value after you have powered through all of the projects. Leisure Arts’ Basic and Beyond: Simple Embellishments is a book that does not only serve as inspiration. This book can be tucked away on a shelf to serve as an encyclopedia or go-to guide on how to embellish. If you have an old project you want to make new or have just finished a sewn pattern that needs a little something extra, you will always have this cool, chic collection to turn to when you need to add some style.
We did not receive compensation in exchange for this review. Items received are used for product review and testing. All opinions are those of the editorial staff. Our Disclosure Policy can be found here.
Read NextLunch Hour Embroidery
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Chance to win a copy of Lunch Hour Embroidery!
- Button and Stitch
- Pattern Fitting with Confidence
- Sewing Vintage Modern
- Bags of Inspiration
- Me and My Sewing Machine
- Simply Sewn
- 99 Ways to Cut, Sew, Trim & Tie Your T-Shirt Into Something Special
- Handmade Leather Bags & Accessories
- Crafting With Flannel Book Review
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crushed Velvet Dress Free Sewing Pattern
- Teardrop Nostalgic Christmas Ornament
- Felt Nativity Advent Calendar Pattern
- Diy Fabric Tree For Christmas
- Star Christmas Ornament Block
- Sew Fast Autumn Table Runner Pattern
- Yoga Mat Strap
- Square Kitchen Potholders
- Christmas Ornaments With Stripes
- Free Fleece Hat Pattern
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners