Learn to Sew with Lauren
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Learn to Sew with Lauren
Gifted by Hachette Book Group
Reviewed by Molly Fletcher, Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
Learn to Sew with Lauren is a must-have resource for anyone who wants to use a needle and thread to create accessories, clothing, home decor, and anything else that strikes your fancy. Organized by skill level, people who work through this book will start as beginners and end as experts in the art of sewing. With the aid of detailed instructions, step-out photos, and full-size patterns, you'll learn to make projects as diverse as tote bags, quilts, skirts, and blinds.
Author, designer, and blogger Lauren Guthrie is best known for her successful run on the Great British Sewing Bee, a competition for the title of Britain's best home sewer. Lauren owns a haberdashery and leads sewing classes and workshops in Moseley Village, Birmingham. Can't afford a trip across the pond for a session? No worries! Learn to Sew with Lauren, a hefty book of patterns, tutorials, and tips, can turn even the most reluctant readers into capable sewers.
As you work through the patterns in Learn to Sew with Lauren, remember to refer to the opening section on techniques. Lauren has tips for choosing fabric, mastering stitches, sewing on buttons, and much more. Even if you make up your own pattern, you'll find yourself reaching for this guide, which also features a sewing glossary and inspiration index.
Simple yet elegant, the patterns inside Learn to Sew with Lauren are absolutely charming. Cushion covers, aprons, handbags–all of these projects let the fabric put the fabric in the spotlight. Combined with pretty trimmings, fancy edging, or well-placed pleats and gathers, your favorite fabrics take on a whole new life. Every project is accompanied by one (or two, or three) variations, whether it involve the fabric, the design, or theh embellishment, so you can tailor each pattern to your needs or style.
If you want to learn to sew or teach others this invaluable craft, Learn to Sew with Lauren is a fabulous place to start. Adaptable patterns, beautiful photographs, and an extensive techniques guide make this book a solid, stylish investment.
Read NextStitch By Stitch
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy Sensory Mat Tutorial
- Diy Spider Web Pillow
- Diy Halloween Banner
- How to Make a Bag Out of a Mask
- Tote Bags To Seat Cushions
- Notebook Cover With Receipt Pocket
- How To Make A Toiletry Wrap
- DIY Felt Leaf Placemats
- DIY Cute Ghost Decorations
- Free Pumpkin Placemat Pattern
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners