Sew Fun for Girls & Dolls Review
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Sew Fun for Girls & Dolls
Gifted by Design Originals
Reviewed by Sari Lesk, editor of AllFreeSewing.com
Young girls always form a special connection with their dolls. They love to dress their dolls up, make believe with their dolls, and even somewhat befriend their dolls. With some easy sewing projects for clothes and accessories, you can encourage your daughter's love for her favorite friend. The sewing projects in Ana Araujo's Sew Fun for Girls & Dolls are just what you need to further inspire your little girl's creativity and help her feel even more affection for her dolly.
This book is perfect for the mother of any daughter who has a wild and creative imagination. The sewing projects in Sew Fun for Girls & Dolls will show you how to create coordinating outfits that are sized just right for your daughter and her doll. The tutorials are written for a doll 18 inches in height, and you can always adjust for a doll of another size. From beginning to end, this book is teeming with artsy and crafty ideas to make your daughter's time with her doll as fun as can be.
Whether your little girl likes to play dress-up or wants to coordinate outfits with her doll for everyday occasions, Araujo has you covered. From flowery fairies to a day at the beach to accessories and more, you'll find everything you need to sew coordinating outfits for your daughter and her dolly friend. If your daughter wants to play dress-up as a beauty queen, you can sew a crown, sash, and bouquet of flowers in her size and her doll's size. Perhaps your daughter wants to spend some time in the kitchen. You can sew her and her doll matching bandana aprons so they can cook up a storm together.
No matter your skill level as a sewist, this book provides you with the tips, techniques, and knowledge you need to take full advantage of all the sewing tutorials. Right off the bat, Araujo defines the many terms she uses in her book and gives you a run-down on how to create iron-on adhesives. You can use all of this information to simplify your sewing experience and as a quick reference to look back on if you ever need a refresher.
Araujo really goes the extra mile in this book to prepare you to sew your heart out. Not only does she fill the book with step-by-step photo tutorials, she even provides you with templates for many of the pieces her projects feature. The templates are labeled with resizing instructions so you can be sure the outfits and accessories you sew are measured perfectly for your daughter and her doll.
If you're ready to get started sewing stylish coordinating outfits for your daughter and her favorite dolly, get yourself a copy of Sew Fun for Girls & Dolls today.
Read NextSewing Pottery by Machine
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Have your dress your spoons, forks, and knives to the nines with this Cutlery Pockets Sewing Pattern. No matter what special occasion… Continue reading: "Cutlery Pockets Sewing Pattern"
- Sewing Pottery by Machine
- Crafting With Flannel Book Review
- The Dressmaker's Technique Bible
- Steampunk Your Wardrobe
- Marge's Custom Slipcovers
- Sewing Pretty Little Accessories
- The Sew Simple Guide to Easy Sewing and Embellishing
- Let's Get Creative with Quilt Labels
- Pincushion Appeal: Patterns for Pincushions to Make You Smile
- Sew, Craft, Quilt and Embroider Confidently
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 21 Free Fabric Belt Patterns
- Fake It With Fabric- How To Make An Easy Rope Bowl
- Sewing Supplies Organizer
- Cord Organizer Sewing Tutorial
- Easy Sew Plastic Bag Holder
- Simple Ornate Celestial Quilt Pattern
- Denim Halloween Hanging Pockets
- Diy Simple Scrunchy - A Simple Sewing Project
- Favorite Fast Four Patch Quilt Pattern For Beginners
- How To Sew Fabric Bows
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners