Sew and Play: Handmade Games for Kids
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Almost everyday, I see a toddler playing with some sort of electronic device; today's technology has certainly made it easy for parents to keep their kids occupied by just handing over their cell phone or tablet. As much as I love my iPhone, it disheartens me to see so many kids playing with these new devices instead of good, old fashioned games that don't require batteries or a WiFi signal.
Inside Sew and Play by Farah Wolfe, you'll discover 11 simple-to-sew patterns to make for your kids. You'll be shocked to see how easy it is to provide hours of active fun for your kids with just a little bit of fabric. The games inside this book are great for both toddlers and school kids alike. Choose from games such as Crab Crawl, Bug Hunt, Horse Race, and Capture the Tag, all of which encourage active, imaginative play for both boys and girls. Plus, because they are made out of fabric, they are more "green" compared to other plastic toys you might find in the toy aisle.
This 112-page spiral bound book includes everything you could possibly need to complete each game including a full list of required game pieces, rules for various play options depending on your child's age, plus designs and instructions for storage accessories, which means you can even make and give these games as gifts! The book itself is arranged according to skill level required to make each game; the first projects in the book are the easiest while they more advanced games can be found as the book progresses. Plus, there is a chapter of "Tidbits, Tools, and Techniques," which is super helpful, no matter what your sewing skill level is.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
If you are a sewing mom or grandma with little ones around the house, finding a way to tuck your sharp sewing supplies out of the… Continue reading: "Simple and Sweet Sewing Organizer"
- Sew Red: Sewing & Quilting for Women's Heart Health
- Sewing Pretty Little Accessories
- Simply Sewn
- Steampunk Your Wardrobe
- Sewing Pottery by Machine
- The Dressmaker's Technique Bible
- Sew the Perfect Gift
- 99 Ways to Cut, Sew, Trim & Tie Your T-Shirt Into Something Special
- Sew Baby
- 500 Simply Charming Designs for Embroidery Book Review
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 7 Types of Embroidery
- How To Make The Easiest Tassels Ever
- Cactus Mini Quilt
- Womens Cowl Sweatshirt
- Girls Romper Pattern
- Diy Princess In Black Costume
- How To Sew A Ball - Free Ball Sewing Pattern
- Makeup Bag Pattern
- The Easiest Reversible Placemats Ever
- Microwave Baked Potato Bag (easy)
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners