Sew and Play: Handmade Games for Kids
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Almost everyday, I see a toddler playing with some sort of electronic device; today's technology has certainly made it easy for parents to keep their kids occupied by just handing over their cell phone or tablet. As much as I love my iPhone, it disheartens me to see so many kids playing with these new devices instead of good, old fashioned games that don't require batteries or a WiFi signal.
Inside Sew and Play by Farah Wolfe, you'll discover 11 simple-to-sew patterns to make for your kids. You'll be shocked to see how easy it is to provide hours of active fun for your kids with just a little bit of fabric. The games inside this book are great for both toddlers and school kids alike. Choose from games such as Crab Crawl, Bug Hunt, Horse Race, and Capture the Tag, all of which encourage active, imaginative play for both boys and girls. Plus, because they are made out of fabric, they are more "green" compared to other plastic toys you might find in the toy aisle.
This 112-page spiral bound book includes everything you could possibly need to complete each game including a full list of required game pieces, rules for various play options depending on your child's age, plus designs and instructions for storage accessories, which means you can even make and give these games as gifts! The book itself is arranged according to skill level required to make each game; the first projects in the book are the easiest while they more advanced games can be found as the book progresses. Plus, there is a chapter of "Tidbits, Tools, and Techniques," which is super helpful, no matter what your sewing skill level is.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Reverse Applique´
- Simple Zipper Pouch
- Carrot Treat Bag For Easter
- Diy Pot Protector
- Peter Pan Detachable Collar
- Oven Mitt Free Sewing Pattern
- Easy Phone Crossbody Bag
- Shirred Waist Wide Leg Pants Free Sewing Pattern
- Easy Book Weight & Bookmark
- Free Ear Warmer Sewing Pattern For Kids
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners