- see all comments
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
"Well it would have been helpful if it had said that in the first place! Thanks for letting us know."
Sewing Tales to Stitch and Love
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
Sewing Tales to Stitch and Love
Provided by Kerry Goulder
Reviewed by Mollyhall Seeley
All sewing projects tell a story, but the ones made as gifts have the happiest end. Whether you're sewing a baby blanket for a newborn or a quilt for an old friend, the finished project tells both the story of its making and of the future memories to be made.
In her new book, Sewing Tales to Stitch and Love, Kerry Goulder showcases 18 whimsical, endearing projects that will remind you just how fun storytelling can be. From sewn dolls to tote bags, Goulder takes the reader through intricate projects that each come with an imaginative backstory. It's not hard to imagine Piper and Sage the dolls watching some lucky little girl or boy grow up from their hallowed place on the bed or in the toy trunk. Well-designed, adorable, and clearly explained in the tutorials, these are projects that will remain for years as beloved keepsakes.
The projects in Sewing Tales to Stitch and Love vary from simple to intricate, and the skill level required to sew them falls along the same scale. Still, Goulder's step-by-step tutorials are incredibly easy to follow. She includes a detailed photograph of each step, so you can be sure that you aren't making any mistakes.
Sewing Tales to Stitch and Love is a book concerned equally with the process of sewing as the finished project. These are dolls, toys and accessories that Goulder clearly enjoyed designing, and that sense of whimsy and fun will transfer to a sewist following her patterns. These truly are sewing projects that will live a long time in the hearts of the lucky person who receives them.
Enter to win a signed copy of Sewing Tales to Stitch and Love from 12/2/2013 - 12/16/2013.
Read NextMake it Sew Modern
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
You're always looking for crafty ways to use up fabric from your stash - why not make the Stashbuster Potholder? You can use any… Continue reading: "Scrapbuster Potholder"
- Make it Sew Modern
- The Dressmaker's Technique Bible
- Pincushion Appeal: Patterns for Pincushions to Make You Smile
- Beginner Friendly Quilts: The Best of Quilty
- Epic Cosplay Costumes Review
- Girls Style Book
- 50 Any-Size Travel Blocks
- Learn to Sew with Lauren
- Me & My Sister's Fun Quilts
- Pattern Fitting with Confidence
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Culottes Tutorial For Summer Glamour
- How to Sew a Simple Coaster
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- May Flowers Spring Wreath DIY
- Easy Shopping Bag
- Dresden Plate Quilt Block
- Chair Cover Sewing Pattern
- Scraptastic Face Wipes
- Easy DIY Heart Pillow (With Reverse Applique)
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners