Sewing Tales to Stitch and Love
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Sewing Tales to Stitch and Love
Provided by Kerry Goulder
Reviewed by Mollyhall Seeley
All sewing projects tell a story, but the ones made as gifts have the happiest end. Whether you're sewing a baby blanket for a newborn or a quilt for an old friend, the finished project tells both the story of its making and of the future memories to be made.
In her new book, Sewing Tales to Stitch and Love, Kerry Goulder showcases 18 whimsical, endearing projects that will remind you just how fun storytelling can be. From sewn dolls to tote bags, Goulder takes the reader through intricate projects that each come with an imaginative backstory. It's not hard to imagine Piper and Sage the dolls watching some lucky little girl or boy grow up from their hallowed place on the bed or in the toy trunk. Well-designed, adorable, and clearly explained in the tutorials, these are projects that will remain for years as beloved keepsakes.
The projects in Sewing Tales to Stitch and Love vary from simple to intricate, and the skill level required to sew them falls along the same scale. Still, Goulder's step-by-step tutorials are incredibly easy to follow. She includes a detailed photograph of each step, so you can be sure that you aren't making any mistakes.
Sewing Tales to Stitch and Love is a book concerned equally with the process of sewing as the finished project. These are dolls, toys and accessories that Goulder clearly enjoyed designing, and that sense of whimsy and fun will transfer to a sewist following her patterns. These truly are sewing projects that will live a long time in the hearts of the lucky person who receives them.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Sewing a quilt is not an easy talent to master. However, this Squaring Up a DIY Quilt Block video tutorial will make sewing the… Continue reading: "How to Square Up a Quilt Blockvideocam"
- Steampunk Your Wardrobe
- Sewing Pretty Little Accessories
- Sew, Craft, Quilt and Embroider Confidently
- 50 Any-Size Travel Blocks
- Northcott Fabrics Holiday Snow Pattern and Starry Night II Fabric Review
- Sewing Vintage Modern
- The Dressmaker's Technique Bible
- Enter to win the Sewing Made Simple Giveaway!
- 25 Handmade Gift Ideas from Top Designers
- Pattern Fitting with Confidence
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Bear Paw Quilt Block
- Easy Fleece Poncho Pattern For Kids
- How To Sew Fleece Blankets
- Baby Changing Mat Patterns
- Double Layer Chiffon Blouse Free Tutorial
- Diy Wine Dispenser From A Christmas Stocking
- Easy Diy Infinity Scarf
- Adorable 12-18 Month Old Dress Pattern
- No Sew Halloween Cape
- Diy Dog Ghost Costume
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners