- see all comments
"I can not download th eproject...link is not working...please check"
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
Steampunk Your Wardrobe
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
Steampunk Your Wardrobe
Gifted by Design Originals
Reviewed by Sari Lesk, editor of AllFreeSewing.com
If ruffles, lace, and feathers spark your interest, this book is a must read. In Steampunk Your Wardrobe, author Calista Taylor walks you through the steps it takes to give your plain clothes that Victorian flair you've been looking for. Step by step, the author explains the easy process it takes to create Victorian-style clothing and accessories. Whether you're looking to make a feathered hair clip, a charmed necklace, or lacy pantaloons, there is something for everyone in this book. The tutorials in Steampunk Your Wardrobe are perfect for people who are interested in revamping their wardrobe without having to spend a boatload of money. Check out the variety of patterns that will show you how easy it is to refashion clothing. You can use clothing you already have or make clothes from scratch using thrifty materials from rummage sales and flea markets.
No matter your skill level as a crafter and sewist, there is a project for you in this book. Some projects are completely no-sew, while others put your needle-and-thread skills to the test. As you progress through the book, the author builds on skills you practiced in earlier chapters so you can explore the depths of Victorian fashion. Learn the foundational skills like cutting fabric and sewing invisible stitches, then move on to sewing projects like the Shoulder Wrap, Knit Bolero, Victorian Purse, and Brown Capelet. You can sew pieces to wear individually that will add just a splash of the Victorian style to your outfit, or you can sew complete ensembles to really show off your Victorian chic.
The tutorials within the pages of Steampunk Your Wardrobe present you with the opportunities to learn new skills and practice the basics while creating eye-catching attire and accessories. Whether you sew the projects for yourself or to give as gifts to friends, you're sure to enjoy the experience of replicating the vintage Victorian look. If you're ready to get started, round up your sewing kit, glue gun, and best Victorian fabrics, and grab yourself a copy of Steampunk Your Wardrobe today.
Read NextMore Take 5 Quilts
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
copperhairpin 0719 078
Sep 21, 2013
I have read the review for the book several times to get all the details and skills that you can learn from this book. I love ruffles and lace and I think I can make some pretty things for my granddaughters that will give them an ultra feminine look that not everybody they know will have. Being feminine is always in style.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Hot Potato Pouch
Baked potatoes are the ultimate comfort food. They fill you up. They go well with yummy additions like cheese and chives. They are… Continue reading: "Hot Potato Pouch"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Sew a Simple Coaster
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- May Flowers Spring Wreath DIY
- Easy Shopping Bag
- Dresden Plate Quilt Block
- Chair Cover Sewing Pattern
- Scraptastic Face Wipes
- Easy DIY Heart Pillow (With Reverse Applique)
- Why Do Clothes Shrink in the Dryer?
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners