Stitch, Wear, Play
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
One of the best things about childhood is seemingly endless energy. A kid's ability to run, jump, and explore for hours on end is the inspiration behind Stitch, Wear, Play. This book features stylish yet sensible patterns for children ages 3-8. With twenty designs for dresses, shirts, pants, sweaters, and more, you can sew for every season.
Author Mariko Nakamura, a Japanese designer who lives in London, has a distinct style that merges elements of the East and West. A fan of fashion since grade school, Mariko began to sew her own clothing and hopes to teach others to do the same.
The patterns inside Stitch, Wear, Play can dress your child from head to toe. Skirts, jackets, and accessories–nothing is outside the scope of this beautiful collection. Projects call for kid-friendly fabrics like cotton, linen, and fleece, so wear and care is comfortable and convenient. You'll love the clean lines and elegant accents, while your little one will love the breathability and freedom of movement.
People with basic sewing skills will find the step-by-step instructions and full color photos helpful. If a pattern requires a special technique such as binding an armhole or creating a patch pocket, Stitch, Wear, Play describes the process in detail. The patterns are stored in a pocket at the front of the book. Trace them to get as much use as possible out of these classic designs.
Stitch, Wear, Play recalls a simpler time when children's clothing was functional and fashionable. The timeless designs in this collection would look right at home in any decade, including this one. Sew your way through spring, summer, fall, and winter, and your child will be the best dressed student at school.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Sewing a quilt is not an easy talent to master. However, this Squaring Up a DIY Quilt Block video tutorial will make sewing the… Continue reading: "How to Square Up a Quilt Blockvideocam"
- Steampunk Your Wardrobe
- Sewing Pretty Little Accessories
- Sew, Craft, Quilt and Embroider Confidently
- 50 Any-Size Travel Blocks
- Northcott Fabrics Holiday Snow Pattern and Starry Night II Fabric Review
- Sewing Vintage Modern
- The Dressmaker's Technique Bible
- Enter to win the Sewing Made Simple Giveaway!
- 25 Handmade Gift Ideas from Top Designers
- Pattern Fitting with Confidence
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Bear Paw Quilt Block
- Easy Fleece Poncho Pattern For Kids
- How To Sew Fleece Blankets
- Baby Changing Mat Patterns
- Double Layer Chiffon Blouse Free Tutorial
- Diy Wine Dispenser From A Christmas Stocking
- Easy Diy Infinity Scarf
- Adorable 12-18 Month Old Dress Pattern
- No Sew Halloween Cape
- Diy Dog Ghost Costume
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners