We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
If you're looking for a way to update your clothing, Stylish Remakes from Tuttle Publishing will become your new Bible. With the help of the Japanese clothing design company Violette Room, you can now take old and outdated pieces from your wardrobe and transform them into gorgeous and unique new garments. This inexpensive way to upcycle old flannels, t's, and sweats will save you so much money each season!
One of my favorite designs in Stylish Remakes is the Children's Romper. Everyone likes a good hand me down, and when it is made from a well-loved t-shirt it is guaranteed to continue being cared for. This pattern takes an old graphic shirt and turns it into the cutest romper complete with buttoned legs and fluttery sleeves. I know I have way too many t-shirts that I no longer wear, so I can't wait to try this pattern out and watch my baby cousins walk around in updated versions!
If you like a small piece of an old clothing item, but don't like the look of the whole thing, this book will help you salvage that bit! Adding pretty bows or collars to different shirts, creating dresses from patches of fabric, and adding feminine elements to men's button downs are just a few ways this book can teach you to mix and match your fabric scraps. Imagine a normal dress of yours: a dark color, plain, good for all occasions but also a little boring. Then think...do you have an old top, a pair of pants, or a skirt with embellishments that you just don't care for? You can take those pretty embellished bits from that skirt, add them to that plain dress, and have an entirely different and updated garment to wear! This book will help you to revamp your style and your closet in no time at all.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 100 Applique Motifs
- Steampunk Your Wardrobe
- Little Girls, Big Style
- Sew Red: Sewing & Quilting for Women's Heart Health
- Redwork from The WORKBASKET
- 99 Ways to Cut, Sew, Trim & Tie Your T-Shirt Into Something Special
- Sew Baby
- Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts Review
- A Paper-Pieced Garden: 27 Mix-and-Match Blocks
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Sew Paintbrush Roll-up Case
- Mini Snap Pouches
- Sulky Wilderness Wonder Applique Kit
- Scrappy Stars
- Metal Frame Embroidered Bag Pattern
- Reading Glasses Case Using A Flex Frame
- Simple Sew Mug Warmer
- Diy Frankenstein Costume With A Free Pattern
- Diy Marshmello Fortnite Costume
- Diy Halloween Cape With Hood
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners