The Complete Photo Guide to Clothing Construction
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
With so much information available on the internet, it can easy to put off collecting a decent library of sewing books and manuals. It is just so simple to type a question into a search engine and wade through the results. These tutorials are never that trustworthy though and it is best to garner that information from an expert. That’s where Christine Haynes comes in to save the day. An experienced sewist, smart writer, and fabulous seamstress, Haynes has created a unique and helpful must-have manual in The Complete Photo Guide to Clothing Construction. Any and all sewing enthusiasts will benefit from having this manual on their shelves.
This is the type of book you will return to again and again for quick references and longer tutorials. With charts explaining clothing construction, short tutorials on sewing buttons, and complicated stitches, this is truly the type of encyclopedia that will be well-loved. The information is insanely valuable and the presentation is concise. So many sewing books simply offer a picture or two with their tutorials, leaving most of the teaching of the core skills up to the text. A lot can be lost in translation when a tutorial is mostly text and readers may not always know how to interpret instructions correctly. Christine Hayne’s book is entirely different. This book is primarily photos. Instead of using photos to supplement the text, this guide uses the text to supplement the photos. By placing such a high reliance on the photos, visual learners will be absolutely thrilled to follow along.
Christine Hayne’s The Ultimate Photo Guide to Clothing Construction is an expertly cultivated collection of sewing references. With information on both hand sewing and machine sewing, this book is valuable for anyone who is looking to create clothing. You will not find this information cultivated in such a charming and efficient way anywhere else. This would make an excellent gift for a new sewist or a fab way to treat yourself before a big project.
We did not receive compensation in exchange for this review. Items received are used for product review and testing. All opinions are those of the editorial staff. Our Disclosure Policy can be found here.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Felt Heart Garland
- Easy Cosmetics Bag Pattern
- Logs Caddy
- Heart Shaped Pot Holders
- How To Choose Fabric For Sewing Clothing
- Tips To Sew Sweater Knit
- How To Sew An Invisible Zipper In A Pillow
- Easy Wrap Dress Free Sewing Pattern
- Giraffe And Friends Easy Baby Quilt From A Jelly Roll
- A Quick Guide To Snap Fasteners For Clothing Or Bags
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners