The Complete Photo Guide to Slipcovers, Pillows & Bedding
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Replacing furniture can be frustrating and time-consuming. It is nearly impossible to find the fabric you need and want to match your home décor. Plus, furniture is just so expensive. It isn’t worth the brand new purchase if you will not be happy with how it looks. If you are looking to redecorate, The Complete Photo Guide to Slipcovers, Pillows & Bedding by Karen Erickson and Carol Zentgraf will be your new best friend. This expansive encyclopedia of furniture restoration knowledge shows you exactly how to create a slipcover for any piece of furniture.
The best thing about this photo guide is that it provides numerous photos and instructions that show you exactly how to create your own pattern for a slipcover. The tutorial focus on taking specific measurements from your piece of furniture rather than relying on a basic pattern for any and all furniture of a similar make. This personalization will ensure that each piece tucks snuggly around your chair or couch, giving it a professional touch. Friends and family will be wowed by your masterpiece.
The photos in this furniture and bedding guide make the projects look simple and easy. Foregoing complicated and confusing instructions, The Complete Photo Guide to Slipcovers, Pillows & Bedding relies on photos to explain its complicated how-tos. This is the best way to relay this information as it allows the book to avoid using furniture and sewing jargon that beginning reader may not understand. These photos and simple layout make this book much more user-friendly than other sewing-centered books.
Upcyclers, sewists, re-decoraters, and furniture-salvaging crafters cannot go without The Complete Photo Guide to Slipcovers, Pillows & Bedding. The well-organized and photo-heavy set of valuable tutorials will show you exactly how to restore the fabric sections of any piece of furniture. You can easily transform a ratty old chair into a funky, vintage piece for your home. Everything you need to save old furniture or create some brand new bedding can be found in this helpful collection.
We did not receive compensation in exchange for this review. Items received are used for product review and testing. All opinions are those of the editorial staff. Our Disclosure Policy can be found here.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- Steampunk Your Wardrobe
- Pincushion Appeal: Patterns for Pincushions to Make You Smile
- The Marilyn Dress
- Stitched Toys: 20 Stunning But Simple Designs
- Hat Shop
- Sewing Pottery by Machine
- Northcott Fabrics Holiday Snow Pattern and Starry Night II Fabric Review
- All Dolled Up
- The Dressmaker's Technique Bible
- Shape Shape
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Rustic Fabric Christmas Tree Banner
- 32 Valentine's Day Sewing Projects
- Printable DIY Fabric Labels
- How to Sew a Patch
- Customized DIY Tea Towels
- Toadstool Wrist Pincushion Tutorial
- 23+ Beginner Sewing Videos and Tutorials
- Which Body Shape Am I? Quick Tips for the Perfect Fit
- Vintage Kitchen Towel Tutorial
- Puffy Purple Quilt Pattern
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners