The Marilyn Dress
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
The Marilyn Dress
Gifted by: Serendipity Studio
Reviewed by: Kaylee Pope, Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
Finding a cute and flattering vintage dress pattern can be insanely difficult. Oftentimes, vintage patterns fit in a very different way or cinch in unflattering places. Plus, understanding how to use a truly old-school pattern can be a hassle. They are infinitely more complicated than modern patterns. None of these issues will plague you when you create the Marilyn Dress from Serendipity Studios. This cute dress pattern is flattering with a vintage vibe, easy-to-follow, and well worth the time investment.
This pattern includes tissue paper cut-outs of each pattern piece as well as extremely detailed and comprehensive instructions. It is easy for even an inexperienced sewist to follow the instructions all the way to completion. The fold-out instructions not only tell you how to create this dress but offer detailed explanations as well as helpful illustrations. While some sewing patterns can be quizzically confusing, this pattern does not assume too much about the reader’s skill set and will help you tremendously along the way.
No matter what size, color, or material you create this dress in, you will not be disappointed. Patterns that are as customizable as the patterns provided by Serendipity Studio are absolutely fantastic, but they can be a tad bit overwhelming, as well. Novice designers and sewists can find themselves bogged down by so many options. It can be hard to commit to a color scheme or trim choice. This pattern eliminates those worries by providing a plethora of examples with color pictures. It does not matter how you plan on crafting this dress; there is an example for every option.
The Marilyn Dress pattern from Serendipity Studio is the perfect marriage of flawless design and simple sewing. This is one of those patterns that will not leave you feeling confused or abandoned. The directions are concise, the pattern is simple, the design is chic, and the process will be just as fantastic as the final product. Sewists looking for a fun project should look to Serendipity Studios for all their dress pattern needs.
Read NextSimply Sewn
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Simply Sewn
- Sew Fun for Girls & Dolls Review
- Pincushion Appeal: Patterns for Pincushions to Make You Smile
- Quilted Bags with Style
- The Perfect Handmade Bag
- Happy Home
- Sewing Stylish Handbags & Totes
- 25 Handmade Gift Ideas from Top Designers
- Kitchen Stitches: Sewing Projects to Spice Up Your Home
- Beginner Friendly Quilts: The Best of Quilty
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Dumpling Pouch
- How To Sew A Tiny Hem With The Rolled Hem Foot
- Easy No-sew Rug
- Free Ice Cream Pint Cozy Sewing Pattern
- Simple Denim Pouch
- 31 Easy Sew Bookmarks
- Make Pom Pom Pillows
- Mens Pajama Shorts With Pockets
- Krista West from Avlea Folk Embroidery
- 25+ Anna & Elsa Costume DIYs + Frozen Costume Patterns
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners