35 Free Skirt Sewing Patterns: How to Make a Skirt Out of Jeans & More
By: The Editors of AllFreeSewing.com
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
35 Free Skirt Sewing Patterns:
How to Make a Skirt Out of Jeans, Free Skirt Patterns for Juniors and Kids, Skirt Patterns for Women
Table of Contents
Free Skirt Patterns for Juniors and Kids
How to Make a Skirt Out of Jeans
How to Make a Twirly Skirt
Skirt Patterns for Women
Whether it’s spring or summer, those legs of yours are itching to catch a little sunlight and free themselves from the pants that have been restricting them all winter. The 35 free skirt sewing patterns you’ll find in this collection offer DIY ideas for how to make skirts that are not only inexpensive, but are fun to make and stylish. You don’t have to sacrifice style or your hard earned paycheck. Instead, check out these 35 free skirt sewing patterns and spend a little time with your sewing machine. The results will have you smiling and others complimenting your crafty abilities!
We love all of the 35 free skirt sewing patterns included in this collection but to be more specific, we’ve hand-picked skirt patterns that are classic and trendy. Ever wondered how to make a skirt out of blue jeans? We’ve got you covered. Grab that old pair of jeans that no longer fits and check out our free jean skirt patterns. It’s amazing how you can revive denim. All you need is your creativity and these free jean skirt patterns. Looking for lighter material to work with? Learn how to make a twirly skirt. You, your littler girl or your teenager can all enjoy a fun, light-weight twirly skirt. You’ll find free skirt patterns that deliver lovely ideas, perfect for twirling this season. You’ll also find skirt patterns for women who aim for that classy, feminine look. We’ve chosen these free skirt sewing patterns with everyone in mind! So whether you’re looking to refashion with denim and learn how to make a skirt of blue jeans or opting for a cotton alternative, these free skirt patterns will help you create your next sewn garment!
Find more free clothing patterns in our collection, How to Make Clothes: 500+ Tutorials for Making Your Own Clothes.
If you have daughters, nieces or family friends that are young girls or teens, you can learn how to make skirts for them too. Any of these free skirt patterns will help you create garments they’ll love. When you’re searching for free skirt sewing patterns for juniors and kids, it can be hard to find ones that are easy to make and trendy. We’ve selected these free skirt sewing patterns that are sure to be a hit. From learning how to make a pleated skirt to learning how to make a petal skirt, these free skirt patterns are sewing lessons for you too! Pick up a new skill and use these free skirt patterns to create adorable pieces for their wardrobes.
- Easy Peasy Summer Skirt: They can run, play and twirl in this lightweight skirt that's great for the warmer seasons. Skirt patterns like this one will help make up an adorable wardrobe for your little girl.
- Back to School Pleated Skirt Tutorial: Learn how to make a pleated skirt with this Back to School Pleated Skirt Tutorial. This skirt is a great sewing project for girls, and the fleece is soft and comfortable.
- 20 Minute Shirt to Skirt: The designer of this project calls it the "easiest skirt to make in the entire world". We like the sound of that! In just 20 minutes you can transform an over-sized shirt into a wearable skirt. Design and make your own clothes with this easy idea.
- Simple Layered Skirt Tutorial: The Simple Layered Skirt Tutorial is a quick and easy beginning to an adorable outfit! This girls' skirt pattern tutorial is light and airy, perfect for a summer day. Wear it year round with some cute tights!
- T-Shirt to Skirt Refashion: This is sure to be one of the easiest wardrobe refashioning projects you've ever made. See how refashioning t-shirts can be both fun and economical. This cute skirt is practically free!
- 6 Step Skirt: In a matter of 6 steps you can learn how to make a skirt for your girl or yourself. Super cute and super quick, this simple sewing project will be worth the little effort you need to put into it.
- 3-in-1 Simple Skirt Pattern: Get the biggest bang for your sewing buck by learning how to make a skirt that fits your tastes and budget.
- Back to School Skirt for Girls: Instead of buying brand new threads for your girl, sew some instead. Learn how to make a skirt that will save you money on school clothes.
- Child's Skirt for the Market: No chance of getting lost in the market with this DIY skirt. Free skirt sewing patterns that offer functionality and fashion in one are definitely worth the work.
- Super Sweet Circle Skirt: This skirt has layers, ruffles, AND a delicate lace trim your child will love!
- Box Pleated Mary Skirt: This adorable skirt has pleats as well as a stretchy waistband - perfect for your active little girl.
- Bluebell Reversible Scalloped Skirt: This child's skirt is the perfect blend of simple and stylish. The bottom trim is a scalloped edge for that extra little something.
Find over 100 more free skirt patterns in our free skirt patterns tag!
Once you know how to make a skirt out of blue jeans, you may find your closet full of jean skirts (and lacking actual pants). Hey, that’s what spring and summer are for right? Learn how to make a skirt out of blue jeans with these helpful tutorials. Our free blue jean skirt patterns are easy to follow. Not to mention, this is a super inexpensive way to refashion and upcycle. Use these free jean skirt patterns to create super-cute skirts you can wear just about anywhere this season or next.
- DIY Denim Skirt: Turn that pair of old, ill-fitting jeans into your very own DIY Denim Skirt. Create a fashion statement with this free maxi skirt sewing pattern.
- Upcycling Blue Jeans Into a Skirt: Got old jeans? Wondering what to make with old jeans? Here's an idea. Upcycling Blue Jeans Into a Skirt is a great way to reuse material and create a thrifty sewing project. Follow this simple instructions and make a cute skirt.
- Flirty Denim Skirt: Do you have a skirt that's in desperate need of an update? This tutorial will teach you how to distress your denim and give it the makeover it deserves.
- Ruffly Denim Skirt: Grab a too short or too boring jean skirt out of your closet and add some ruffles for an instant makeover.
Do you have fond memories of spinning around in your favorite twirly skirt? Just think about how much more special that would be if it was handmade for you. Follow these fun tutorials and learn how to make a twirly skirt. Naturally, we’ve included free skirt patterns for little girls but you’ll still find several that you can use as well. You’re never too old to spin around in your new favorite garment. Once you know how to make a skirt that twirls you can make several for your future wardrobe and holiday gifts. Fill your closet with pretty skirts that are both comfy and easy to pair with a cute top and sandals.
- Jelly Roll Twirl Skirt: Sewing long skirt patterns like this Jelly Roll Twirl Skirt can be so much fun! Once it's done, twirl around and show off your handiwork!
- Ice Cream Social Skirt: In the Ice Cream Social Skirt you'll be both cute and comfy. If you know how to make a straight skirt, this pattern is similar but has a bit of added flair. Choose a stylish fabric and this skirt will complement your figure even while you indulge in a creamy treat.
- Twirly Skirt Tutorial: This Twirly Skirt Tutorial is positively the best skirt for twirling in a nice autumn breeze. Make girls skirt patterns like this for every day of the week; It's the perfect skirt for casual days and dressy occasions!
- Double Layer Skirt: Free skirt sewing patterns like this one teach you how to make a skirt that’s not only cute but tiered.
- Fanned Skirt: Make a skirt for your girl that twirls unlike any other. She’ll love sporting this trendy piece and you’ll love making it.
- Great Gathered Skirt: This tiered skirt transcends age limits. Free skirt sewing patterns that apply to both girls and women give you the most out of a single project.
- Ginger's Ruffled Skirt: This super cute a-line free skirt pattern will show you how to make a skirt that's a little bit longer in the back, with twirly ruffles along the bottom. Wear this in the summer and the winter!
- Full and Fluffy Pettiskirt: This adorably full tutu skirt is perfect for the little ballerina in your life!
What would this collection be without skirt patterns for women? No matter what age you are or who you’re sewing for, the following free skirt patterns are a great choice. Not only will they deliver lovely skirts that you can wear to work or to parties, they’re simple to make. You don’t have to spend weeks at a time with the sewing machine. Instead, check out these skirt patterns for women and use your creativity to make pieces that show off your personality. All of the free skirt patterns in this collection allow you to express your individuality without breaking the bank. Enjoy!
- DIY Lace Skirt: Lace skirts are trendy right now but we'll never get behind the heavy price tags. Instead, check out this DIY Lace Skirt. It's a free skirt pattern that will help you create a lovely piece for your spring or summer wardrobe.
- Fall Maxi Skirt: Follow this simple tutorial to create a DIY Maxi Skirt, all the rage this season. Once you know how to make a straight skirt the outfit possibilities are endless.
- Convertible Dress Skirt: Around your chest it's a dress, and around your waist it's a skirt! Simple dress patterns like this Convertible Dress/Skirt are a great way to make one article of clothing into two! Which do you want to wear today?
- Amazing Asymmetrical Skirt: Trendy, easy-to-make, and feminine, this DIY skirt will become a fast staple in your wardrobe.
- Enchanting Tulle Skirt: Free skirt sewing patterns like this one allow you to flaunt the style reminiscent of Grace Kelly. A complete classic, this pattern will yield a piece fit for formal and casual wear.
- Easiest Lace Skirt Ever: Learn how to make a skirt in less than an hour. Sewn from a classic favorite, this lace skirt will soon be one of your go-to articles.
- Sharp Pencil Skirt: Pencil skirts are great for a business look, but this chevron print adds a hint of playfullness to you rensemble. Rock this pencil skirt anywhere, from business time to play time!
- Anthropologie Work Skirt: Want a nice designer work skirt but don't want to spend that much for it? Make your own!
- Ruffled Peplum Skirt Tutorial: Make another fantastic skirt for your work wardrobe with this fantastic peplum skirt. Stay on trend with this free skirt pattern!
- J. Crew Inspired Classic Skirt: This is a simple tutorial for how to make a skirt that is perfect for work in all its simplicity.
- Anthropologie Ruffled Skirt Tutorial: Here's another fantastic knockoff sewing tutorial to add to your wardrobe! This skirt is form fitting all the way until the bottom, where it ruffles out.
Looking for dresses too? Check out 75 Dress Patterns for Sewing + New Free Dress Patterns!
Who do you enjoy making skirts for the most?
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Hanging Tray Holder Tutorial
- Upcycled Sweater DIY Laptop Tote
- DIY Home Doorstop Tutorial
- Car Visor DIY Organizer
- Nesting Fabric Storage Boxes
- Liberty Tea Towel Tutorial
- Simple Quilted Coaster Tutorial: Quilting 101
- How to Sew a Triangle Garland
- Simply Darling Baby Quilt Pattern
- 2 Hour Tunic Dress Tutorial