- see all comments
"Updated link https//web.archive.org/web/20200203132624/https//d == iystyle.net/projects/fashion/ruffled-zipper-clutch == /"
"https//www.charmed-liebling.com/uploads/1/1/1/6/11 == 162541/pinkpeonybag9589.pdf. It seems like the link is broken."
"Thanks a lot!!"
"Looking for pattern to make pillows from old cheer uniforms?"
Spirit of Christmas Fabric Wreath Tutorial
Learn how to make a shabby chic rag wreath for Christmas with our easy-to-follow tutorial.
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
Have you ever wondered how to make a fabric wreath? It's such a fun and trendy way to decorate for the holidays and you're in luck because we have the perfect Spirit of Christmas Fabric Wreath Tutorial for you to follow along with.
Our friend, Mary Beth Temple, will show you via video how to cut and assemble and our written tutorial will fill in any of the gaps. This fab Christmas rag wreath is a lovely project, especially for crafters who have lots of scrap fabric they want to use up.
Plus, it doesn't require precise measurements or steps, so you can have a lot of fun scrapbusting and creating your own wreath. With this awesome scrapbuster, you'll have a beautiful DIY wreath in about an hour. Did we mention this was a no-sew project? That's right - anyone can make a rag wreath like ours!
Take a look at the video right below and then check out the materials and instructions written below that.
Sign Up For More Free Patterns
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Fabric in three or more colors or you can use scraps or yardage (three and a half fat quarters were used for this example)
- Pinking shears or rotary cutter with a pinking blade
- Craft glue - check to make sure its suitable for Styrofoam!
- Tucking tool, blunt pencil, chopstick, or similar to tuck fabric into wreath form
- 14" round foam wreath form
If you're dreaming of a white Christmas, you probably have an ideal image of your home for the most wonderful time of the year. Make that Christmas wish come true with these easy Christmas sewing projects: 47+ Free Christmas Sewing Ideas
Spirit of Christmas Fabric Wreath Tutorial
Click on any image to enlarge.
How to Make a Fabric Wreath:
With pinking shears or using a rotary cutter with a pinking blade, cut fabric into approximately 2.5" squares. If using small scraps, simply pink the edges of what you have.
Pour some foam-safe glue out into a small cup, plate, or another disposable container.
Place the tucking tool into the center of the right side of the fabric, twist the fabric, dip point into glue, and tuck the fabric into the wreath. You don’t have to push in too far, just enough so that the fabric stays in place.
Continue tucking the fabric pieces unto the wreath until no white Styrofoam shows. You needn’t do the back, but make sure to do the sides of the wreath both inside and out.
Allow to dry. Add hanger and display!
Christmas Shapes Printable Lacing Cards >>
Do you usually DIY wreaths or buy them?
Read NextStars of Wonder Christmas Mug Rug
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Nov 13, 2018
Okay scrap horders here is your chaance to use up some of them and make a cute Christmas wreath. This one is so easy and you can do it as you have time. Anyone can do this and decorate it how ever you want or leave it plain. A great family project too. I think I will add a cardnial and some branches to mine. There is written tutorial and a video too.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Winter Garden Purse Pattern
Make a purse that will add some green to the grey skies and cold snowy days of winter this season when you make the Winter Garden… Continue reading: "Winter Garden Purse Pattern"
- Stars of Wonder Christmas Mug Rug
- Christmas Tree Decorations
- 15 Minute Golden Christmas Pillow Cover
- Festive Felt Placemats
- Scented Christmas Sachets
- Christmas Quilted Table Runner
- 10 Festive No-Sew Christmas Ornaments
- Recycled T-Shirt Stocking
- Lace Christmas Angel Craft
- Perched Owl Ornament Pattern
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Plastic Bags Holders
- Free Cell Phone Bag Pattern
- Why is My Thread Wrapping Around the Bobbin?
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Make A Ruffle Dress From Men's Button Down Shirts
- Free Tie-Hem Shorts Sewing Pattern for Girls
- Easy Girl's Sundress Sewing Pattern
- A Line Dress Pattern For Girls
- Turn Your Old Jeans Into Versatile Denim Belts With Pockets
- 30+ Shirt Dress Patterns Free
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners