This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Owl-Hotpads "Henry and Hobbes"
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"Henry and Hobbes are the heroes of the heat. They have the license to help. You can make them easily from scraps, linen or any fabric you want. Make some for your friends and family. Every home needs an owl."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Scraps or fabric of your choice
- Little piece of felt
- Double-sided fusible
- Matching thread
Cut out all shapes, transfer the marks on the pattern.
For one owl you'll need: 1 front piece, 1 back piece, 2 eyes (with double-sided on the LSF), 2 buttons for the eyes, 2 wings, 1 layer insulated batting, 1 layer regular batting
Attach bias on the upper edge of the wings and sew them in place.
Cut out the eyes and iron them in place. Sew around the edge of the eyes with a small zig-zag.
Make a quilt sandwich, you can use adhesive spray or pin the layers. Since this is a small project, both will be fine.
Make a hanging tag from 10 cm bias binding, sew along the open side, form a loop and place it on the mark between the ears (backside).
Sew the binding into place.
Attach the buttons for the pupils.
Read NextScrappy Christmas Table Mats
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Simple Ornate Celestial Quilt Pattern
- Denim Halloween Hanging Pockets
- Diy Simple Scrunchy - A Simple Sewing Project
- Favorite Fast Four Patch Quilt Pattern For Beginners
- How To Sew Fabric Bows
- Free Pumpkin Sewing Pattern
- How To Make A Quilt From Start To Finish 8 Easy Steps
- Witch Hat Halloween Table Runner Quilt Pattern
- September 2023 Mystery Sew Along
- 10 Minutes Hand Warmers
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners