Effortlessly Easy Dresses to Sew: 8 Free Dress Patterns
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Dresses are such a versatile clothing option; they can be short and breezy for a summertime staple, or they can be paired with leggings and a cardigan for a cold-weather option. Dresses and skirts are flirty and playful, but they can also be toned down with the right shoes and blazers. Among the top readers’ favorites for 2013 are these fabulous dress and skirt patterns. Whatever your style preference, there’s something for you among these Effortlessly Easy Dresses to Sew. We’ve selected our 8 favorites to showcase, but continue on to our 100 Favorites: DIY Sewing Projects for Bags, Babies, and More page for the complete list, as well as all 100 top projects of 2013.
Effortlessly Easy Dresses to Sew: 8 Free Dress Patterns
1. Effortless Caftan Dress - The Effortless Caftan Dress is a simple and breezy dress. It’s a longer style of dress with short sleeves, but it can also be worn in the summer as well as in cooler weather. This is a fantastically easy maxi dress sewing pattern that can be done in an hour. To complete this dress even faster, you can skip the shirring step and simply belt your dress at the waist for an effortlessly comfortable summer look. With instructions this easy, how could you not make multiples for an easy summer staple?
2. Draped Maxi Dress - Maybe you’re in the mood for an easy maxi dress sewing pattern, but you want to class it up a bit for a formal event. Luckily for you, this Draped Maxi Dress is just the effortlessly elegant maxi you’ve been searching for! This is a one-shouldered fitted and flowing maxi dress that gives you a long, classic silhouette that is perfect for formal events like weddings. Look like a Grecian goddess this summer with this super easy dress.
3. 15 Minute Convertible Dress - Sometimes, a girl just can’t decide between a dress with straps, a one-shouldered dress, a halter dress, or just a skirt and shirt. What if I told you that you could have one article of clothing, just one dress, and it could transform into all of the above? This extraordinarily versatile 15 Minute Convertible Dress is just that - it’s an easy dress to sew that can be converted to different shoulder strap styles, and even to a skirt. Make one and you’ll get endless use out of it.
4. Versatile Little Black Dress - The little black dress is the classic go-to event dress, and this Versatile Little Black Dress from Fiskars is one of the easiest we’ve seen. This formal and easy to sew dress sewing pattern makes a lined knee-length black dress. This forever-flattering style is great when you need to dress up, but this versatile garment can also be dressed down for work or a casual date. As a shorter dress, this is perfect for the spring and summer, but it can also be worn with leggings or tights.
5. Polka Dot Skirt - High-waisted bottoms are all the rage right now. They are incredibly flattering around the hips and waist and all sit at or around the natural waist. This Polka Dot Skirt is such a cute summertime skirt sewing pattern that follows the high-waisted trend wonderfully. This loose skirt is fitted around the waist and delicately flows out from there to about knee-length. To complete the look, this cute skirt is even belted with a bow. If you’re a beginner, don’t fear - you can easily make this skirt in an evening so you can easily stay on-trend.
6. Grecian Sundress - The Grecian Sundress is your soon-to-be summer staple. This super cute summer dress sewing pattern shows you how to make a cute and flowing knee-length sundress that’s gathered at the neck. Belt this dress at the waist to accentuate your shape. This is an easy dress to sew, and it can even be completed in an evening. This playful and flirty Grecian Sundress is perfect for summertime picnics and walks in the park.
7. Anthropologie Ruffled Skirt - Do you want the designer look but without the designer prices? The Anthropologie Ruffled Skirt Tutorial will help you make your own version of the store skirt in just a weekend! Dress up your look with this sleek and playful skirt sewing pattern. Fitted from the waistband down, about halfway, this skirt is great for work or a nice event. The rest of the skirt has a tiered, ruffled look that adds a joyful touch to an otherwise sleek garment.
8. How to Sew a Drawstring Halter Dress - Halter dresses are best worn in the summer, when you can show off your tanned arms and shoulders and not worry about needing to cover up with a sweater. This is a simple sheath dress, and this summer dress sewing pattern even features the best hidden feature - pockets! Because of its casual and simple style, this dress can really be worn anywhere, from the beach to a picnic. This style of dress would also look effortlessly chic in any summertime vacation photos.
Check out our 100 Favorites: DIY Sewing Projects for Bags, Babies, and More page for the complete list, as well as all 100 top projects of 2013.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
If you are a sewing mom or grandma with little ones around the house, finding a way to tuck your sharp sewing supplies out of the… Continue reading: "Simple and Sweet Sewing Organizer"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Fabric Editions Halloween Harvest Fabric Collection
- Best of National Sewing Month 2019
- The Easiest Tutu Skirt You Can Make Now!
- Easy Cat Shaped Neck Pillow with Free Pattern
- Mini Orange Peel Quilt
- Corduroy Fanny Bag
- Bell Sleeve Dress
- Sewing Machine Maintenance: How to Thread a Sewing Machine
- 67 DIY Halloween Costumes and Halloween Sewing Projects
- Pumpkin Mug Rug Sewing Tutorial
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners