Cottage Mills Puzzlemat
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Cottage Mills Puzzlemat
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
A puzzle cutting mat is just what any quilter needs, especially if you want to make things easier on yourself. No one likes to fussy cut blindly or have the lines not completely straight, so why wouldn't you use a mat? The Puzzlemat from Cottage Mills will change the way you do things.
The white translucent plastic is a perfect visual when you need to cut your fabric for your next quilting project. The measurements are listed in inches and will make cutting so much easier. Each expandable cutting mat system includes six 12 by 12 Puzzlemat pieces allowing you to go big or go small, depending on what type of project you're cutting for. The pieces snap together easily to make a 24 by 36 inch cutting mat for those longer pieces. A storage case is included and you can purchase additional pieces to increase the size if you're looking to make a large quilt.
Something to make note of when cutting over the joins of the mat pieces, is that the cuts can skip over a little bit, but you just have to be sure the pieces are clicked together as tightly and smoothly as they can go. Because you can see where they're joined, you can adjust the pressure when needed for a more accurate cut.
If you're looking for a product that's going to fit all your needs then this Puzzlemat is for you. When you're going to a class or simply don't need a large cutting mat then this allows you to bring just one or two pieces without the fuss. You're going to love it.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Make these easy, retro kitchen curtains with gingham bows to hang in your windows, and watch your home instantly transform! This… Continue reading: "Kitchen Curtains with Gingham Bows"
- Chance to Win a Pair of Westcott Sewing Titanium Bonded Thread Snips!
- Chance to win the Janome M7200 Supreme Sewing Machine!
- Chance to win The "H" Bag Pattern!
- Chance to win the Girl Scout Fabric Collection!
- Handcrafted Polymer Clay Pins
- Chance to win a Handmade Tailor's Board!
- Handi Quilter Stitch 710
- Chance to Win a BERNINA Sewing Machine & Riley Blake Fat Quarter Bundle!
- Clover Kanzashi Flower Maker
- Chance to win Fabric Editions Punch of Paisley Fabric Collection!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy Felt Stocking With A Free Sewing Pattern
- Diy Tree Collar For A Christmas Tree
- How To Cut And Sew Felt
- Easy Sew Hand Warmers
- Easy Sew Gnome Project
- Reindeer Ornament
- Scented Mug Rugs
- Every Girl Goes Crazy For A Sharp Dressed Puppy Dog
- Don't Bottle Up Your Tree Gnome
- Balsam Gnomes Quilt
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners