Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners
- see all comments
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
"Well it would have been helpful if it had said that in the first place! Thanks for letting us know."
Chirimen DIY Kits
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
Chirimen DIY Kits
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
When you choose to create with Japanese Creations, you'll be making traditional Japanese crafts with one authentic source. Why not explore and learn about a new world through what you love doing best - crafting? Japanese Creations introduces you and shares their culture and heritage as an inspiration for your arts and crafts and with the DIY Chirimen kits you're sure to get a taste of that culture.
Not sure what Chirimen is? Let's start with the basics. It's the name for fabric with crimps on the surface that transforms mere scraps into hand-sewn, adorable projects like pouches and ornaments. Within each of the kits you'll receive a variety of authentic materials sourced directly from Japan and all the required tools you'll need to craft your latest project. Their DIY kits are hand-sewn, cherished and made of Kimono fabrics, which are actually really neat to work with; you can really feel the silky texture.
The Chirimen Drawstring Bag DIY Kit is a great kit to get you started in this craft. You'll receive a beautiful printed fabric along with one solid colored lining fabric, two printed fabric squares, two drawstrings, one sewing thread, one hand sewing needle, four ball point pins and one bodkin; it's everything you need for the perfect bag. As the fabrics are only about 19" by 7" the bag is a great size to hold smaller items or to fill with goodies and give as a gift. The drawstring closure can be tied and untied as many times as needed, so you can constantly be changing the inside contents.
The Chirimen Kits are great exposure into the Japanese creation and culture and are perfect for beginners to dive into.
Read NextHandmade Tailor's Board
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
You're always looking for crafty ways to use up fabric from your stash - why not make the Stashbuster Potholder? You can use any… Continue reading: "Scrapbuster Potholder"
- Chance to win a Handmade Tailor's Board!
- Chance to win a Dragonskin RESIZE-IT Template Set!
- Ladies' 1958 Party Dress Pattern
- Chance to Win a Janome Sewist 780DC
- Win a Sew Organized Project Bag!
- Win a Deluxe Sidewinder from Simplicity!
- Everything Mary Square Sewing Box
- Chance to Win a NASA Fabric Fat Quarter!
- Chance to Win a Penny Rose Fabrics Hedge Rose Fat Quarter Bundle!
- Win a 1 in a Minion Fabric Bundle!
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Culottes Tutorial For Summer Glamour
- How to Sew a Simple Coaster
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- May Flowers Spring Wreath DIY
- Easy Shopping Bag
- Dresden Plate Quilt Block
- Chair Cover Sewing Pattern
- Scraptastic Face Wipes
- Easy DIY Heart Pillow (With Reverse Applique)
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners