Mod Basics 3 Wink Fabric Collection
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Mod Basics 3 Wink Fabric Collection
Gifted by: Birch Fabrics
Reviewed by: Dana Byerwalter, Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
Birch Fabrics has released a beautiful new collection of nearly solid fabrics with just a touch of fancy. The Wink Fabric Collection is part of Mod Basics 3 and includes 12 bright and fun colors. A little bit of detail makes this collection really unique.
The white plus signs or crosses scattered about the fabrics is the trademark of the Wink collection. Each fabric is covered with these little crosses in a seemingly random yet fanciful way to create the feeling of sparkly stars or fairy dust. The effect is simply lovely. While a series of little crosses spread out in even rows and columns would have its own merits in such a collection, the smattered crosses remind one of stars, lightning bugs, and all manner of pretty randomness found in nature.
You can use the Mod Basics 3 prints for more neutral purposes such as the lining on a purse or dress, or the backing for a quilt. Another option is using these prints for fine detail on an applique project. For example, rather than cutting from solid red fabric to create the inside of the watermelon wedge, why not use the red Wink print? Instead of plain blues and greens forming the stripes on a beach ball, consider using the Wink prints in similar colors. The effect adds interest to all of your applique projects.
Mod Basics 3 includes the Firefly Dots collection as well as Pop Dots. Together, these three lines within Mod Basics 3 can make for some stunning projects! Be sure to check out additional inspiration images from Birch Fabrics.
What do the Wink designs remind you of? Stars, fairies, lights? Something else? Let us know in the comments!
Read NextGirl Scout Fabric Collection
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Give your little one something to tumble around with during playtime with this Fabric Baby Blocks Sewing Pattern. Baby sewing projects… Continue reading: "Fabric Baby Blocks Sewing Pattern"
- Chance to win the Girl Scout Fabric Collection!
- Chance to win a Handmade Tailor's Board!
- Enter for your chance to win the Fabulous Fashionista Dress Kit Giveaway!
- Win a 30 Spool Thread Rack
- Yoki the Fat Dragon Kit
- Quilt As You Go Pre-Printed Batting
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Beanbag Filler Review
- Chance to win a Starlet Fat Quarter Bundle!
- Chance to Win the 100+ Ultimate Thread Organizer!
- 2014 Quilt Calendar
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Make Pom Pom Pillows
- Mens Pajama Shorts With Pockets
- Krista West from Avlea Folk Embroidery
- 25+ Anna & Elsa Costume DIYs + Frozen Costume Patterns
- Common and Traditional Embroidery Stitches [Infographic]
- Simple Peplum Top
- How To Cut Pants Into Shorts
- Easy Diy Towel Poncho For Kids
- Drawn Thread Hem Stitch Finish Tutorial
- Rose Johnston from Threadbare Creations
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners