We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Win a copy of Modern Holidays + 3 More Issues of Stitch Magazine! Click here to enter. The deadline to enter is December 12, 2014 at 11:59:59 P.M.
Gifted by: Stitch Magazine
Reviewed by: Kaylee Pope
Let’s be honest a lot of time crafting magazines end up looking more like catalogs. The articles can be cute and amusing but from time to time, but as a sewist or seamstress what you really want is the pattern! With Stitch Magazine, you get all of the above. This amazing magazine is absolutely stunning, fun to flip through, and insanely practical. With each issue of Stitch Magazine, you receive a whole slew of patterns. You will find one for every occasion! Plus, each issue is themed, bringing you a brand new set of sewing patterns every season. This particular review will focus on the Modern Holidays 2014, an issue full of homemade gifts to give.
The best thing about this issue (and all other issues) of Stitch Magazine is that it provides all the necessary tools to create the forty-plus included within its pages. In addition to instructions and fold-out patterns, Stitch provides every reader with the necessary vocabulary and instructions on how to read a pattern. This feature makes it accessible to sewists of all levels of experience. If you are experience, you can skip straight to the back and if you are brand new to the hobby, you can use this issue as a learning tool. This magazine is not just a collection of patterns, but a fantastic resource, as well. Oftentimes, magazines are very disposable, but this one has staying-power.
Now onto the patterns! This amazing collection really does have the “47 mod gifts to make and give” that it boasts on the front cover. The ideas are endless and you can really find something to make for everyone on your Christmas list. From the “Mini Wallet” by Stephanie Bracelin to the more complicated “Color-Blocked Ski Tote” by Tina Lewis, you will easily fill every spot under your tree with homemade wonders.
If you are a sewist looking to invest in a print magazine, Stitch Magazine is the one for you. This magazine is a fantastic investment. With brand new patterns each and every issue, you will easily bolster your collection as the magazines come in the mail four times a year. Many of the patterns are timeless, meaning that you can keep them around for a long while.
We did not receive compensation in exchange for this review. Items received are used for product review and testing. All opinions are those of the editorial staff. Our Disclosure Policy can be found here.
Read NextHandi Quilter Stitch 710
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Have your dress your spoons, forks, and knives to the nines with this Cutlery Pockets Sewing Pattern. No matter what special occasion… Continue reading: "Cutlery Pockets Sewing Pattern"
- Handi Quilter Stitch 710
- Win a Clover Wedge Iron!
- Chance to win The "H" Bag Pattern!
- Chance to Win a BERNINA Sewing Machine & Riley Blake Fat Quarter Bundle!
- Chance to Win a Janome Sewist 780DC
- Win a 30 Spool Thread Rack
- Chance to win a Handmade Tailor's Board!
- Chance to win the Ric Rac Paddywack Jelly Roll!
- Hatch Embroidery Digitizer Software Review
- Win a Sew Organized Project Bag!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy Spider Web Pillow
- Diy Halloween Banner
- How to Make a Bag Out of a Mask
- Tote Bags To Seat Cushions
- Notebook Cover With Receipt Pocket
- How To Make A Toiletry Wrap
- DIY Felt Leaf Placemats
- DIY Cute Ghost Decorations
- Free Pumpkin Placemat Pattern
- How To Make Half Square Triangles
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners