This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
A Hand-tied Whole Cloth Preschool Quilt
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"Since starting preschool more than a year ago (!), my four and a half year old had been bringing a vintage whole cloth quilt for his nap time blanket. (He doesn't take a daily nap anymore, but still has quiet activities, books, and blanket snuggles during rest time.) That blanket, while so beloved, just couldn't stand up to the weekly laundering and was starting to fray, so I decided to make a replacement. I'm nine months pregnant and I wasn't feeling up for piecing together another quilt like the playmat I'd just finished for the baby, so I decided to replicate the blanket my son was already using and sew a simple whole cloth quilt with hand ties. It's reversible, and since everything he brings to school needs to be labeled with his name, I embroidered that in one corner before putting everything together. "
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Sewn byBoth Hand and Machine
Read NextLovelorn Quilt
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Best of National Sewing Month 2021
- Easy Sew Shirt Extender
- How To Sew Your Own Padded Fabric Bag Handles
- Diy 4th Of July Pillow
- Diy Bias Tape Tutorial
- Machine Embroidered Stamped Mini Tote Bag
- Diy Sunglasses Case
- Difference Between Textile and Fabric and Cloth
- Americana Star Placemat Quilt Pattern
- Americana Star Table Runner Quilt Pattern
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners