50+ Free Clothing Sewing Patterns for Girls
Treat your little princess to a brand new wardrobe with this collection of sewing patterns for girls.
By: Kirsten Kwon, Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
If you spend any time looking through popular sewing blogs, you'll notice that free clothing sewing patterns for girls are everywhere! Making girly sewing projects or using girly sewing patterns is a great way to learn how to sew and is always fun! If you have a little girl to sew for, these free little girl dress patterns and sewing patterns for girls clothing will be of great use to you.
While free clothing sewing patterns for girls are easy to come by, you won't find free clothing sewing patterns for girls this cute just anywhere! We've found quality free clothing sewing patterns for girls that we think you'll love. The 50+ Free Clothing Sewing Patterns for Girls you'll find in this collection are comfy and stylish so your little girl can play and learn in a wonderful handmade wardrobe. To save money and give her a special wardrobe all her own, check out the free clothing sewing patterns for girls in this collection.
Find more free sewing patterns in our free eNewsletter: Sewing It Up!
PLUS! Don't miss our video on how to make ruffle pants for toddlers!
Table of Contents
Looking for more dress patterns? Check out our giant list of free dress patterns for women and girls! 75+ Dress Patterns for Sewing + New Free Dress Patterns
Free Skirt Patterns for Girls
If you're looking for a quick sewing project for your granddaughter, then you'll love this collection of skirt patterns and tutorials. Perfect projects for sewing beginners, we guarantee your little princess will love twirling in one of these skirt patterns for girls. These DIY skirts are great for girls of all ages, from toddlers to grade school girls, so that you're sure to find something your granddaughter will love.
- Spring Skirt for Girls TutorialThis Spring Skirt for Girls Tutorial is crazy easy to customize to fit any little lady. It can be made out of any scrap fabric you might have laying around. This is an excellent way to recycle vintage sheets, pillowcases, left-over fabric, or even a funky pattern you found in the bargain bin at the fabric store years ago.
- Cute Cupcake Easy Skirt PatternThis adorable Cute Cupcake Easy Skirt Pattern will be the envy of every girl on the playground when you make it for that special girl in your life. Brightly colored and absolutely adorable, this is an amazing summer or spring skirt.
- Paperdoll SkirtRemember when you used to make paper doll chains? This adorable Paperdoll Skirt is an easy sewing project modeled after that classic paper craft. This skirt sewing tutorial shows you how to make a skirt and the paperdoll chain applique.
- Fun and Frilly Jelly Roll Skirt TutorialThis Fun and Frilly Jelly Roll Skirt Tutorial is the epitome of fab. Help your little girl flounce and flaunt with this big frilly girls skirt pattern. She will love to wear the wild and wacky pattern for every occasion.
- A Simple Skirt TutorialWhen spring rolls around, it's finally skirt weather. Follow A Simple Skirt Tutorial to make a lovely two-tiered skirt for the little girl in your life. True to its name, this skirt is simple to make. Learn a new way to make a skirt in this two-tiered style.
- Ballet Ruffle SkirtTurn a woman's T-shirt into a ballet ruffle skirt for a little girl using this easy sewing project. You can also alter the pattern to make an adult sized skirt!
- Ruffly Rhumba SkirtMake a fun, ruffle rhumba skirt for your daughter using this simple sewing project for kids. It even comes with a video tutorial for extra help!
- Tablecloth Lace Skirt TutorialUse an old tablecloth to create a lovely skirt for summer. The Tablecloth Lace Skirt Tutorial will show you how to make a lace skirt that's trendy and stylish.
- Irish Charm Ruffled SkirtLooking for a St. Patrick's Day outfit for your girls? Attire your little leprechauns in this adorable Irish Charm Ruffled Skirt. You can even recycle some outgrown t-shirts using this ruffle skirt tutorial.
- 20 Minute DIY SkirtThe 20 Minute DIY Skirt will make even the most novice sewer feel like a Paris fashion designer. This tutorial shows you how to make a skirt that is essential for anyone who enjoys DIY fashion. All you need to do is cut a circle in a piece of vegan leather so that it looks like a doughnut and attach some elastic.
- Pattern Full of Posies SkirtIf you've ever yearned to sew your own clothes, either out of a desire to be economically conscientious or simple envy of others' skill, the Pattern Full of Posies Skirt is what you've been looking for. With its doable design this simple sewing project makes it easy to sew skirts.
- Contrast Hem DIY SkirtLearn how to sew a skirt with the beginner tutorial Contrast Hem DIY Skirt. It's not just a plain skirt either because of the contrasting strip of color along the hem. Your little girl will love wearing this DIY skirt and you can make it in a ton of different colors so she can wear one every day of the week.
- Quick Skirt for Girls in MinutesAdd another skirt to your daughter's wardrobe in just five minutes. That's right, the Quick Skirt for Girls in Minutes will only require a little of your time. Check out the tutorial to learn how to sew a skirt that your daughter is guaranteed to love.
- Simple Reversible Vintage SkirtPut an elegant spin on your little girl's wardrobe - or your own! - with this Simple Reversible Vintage Skirt. Quick, easy, and understated, this two-for-one reversible skirt tutorial will double the outfits you can make. Mix and match fabrics to get just the right look.
- Nautical Elastic Waistband SkirtWith just two materials, you can sew your daughter a skirt she will adore. This Nautical Elastic Waistband Skirt is easy to sew and completely budget-friendly. Check out the tutorial to learn how to sew a simple skirt with a visible, thick elastic waistband.
- T-Shirt Tutu TutorialOne of the cutest trends for little girls and baby pictures is tutus, but forget about making an uncomfortable tutu out of itchy tulle and make a charming and super soft tutu that your granddaughter will love. This T-Shirt Tutu Tutorial lets you recycle old t-shirts into an adorable tutu made out of soft cotton, so it's perfect for little ones.
- Bluebell Reversible Scalloped SkirtLearning how to sew a skirt for your little girl was never more rewarding than this. Once you set eyes on the Bluebell Reversible Scalloped Skirt, you'll hardly be able to keep from running to your sewing machine. Easy sewing projects that yield a two-in-one piece of clothing are definitely worth the work.
- Charm Pack Patchwork SkirtMake your daughter or granddaughter a skirt she won't be able to stop twirling in with this Charm Pack Patchwork Skirt. This free sewing tutorial is a fantastic way to use your charm packs or fat quarters to create an adorable skirt that's perfect for fall.
- 3-in-1 Simple Skirt PatternClothes from the store can be expensive and run-of-the-mill. Check out this 3-in-1 Simple Skirt Pattern and put a personal touch on your wardrobe. Sewing your own clothes is a great way to update your closet without spending a lot of money.
- How to Sew a T-Shirt SkirtTake a plain t-shirt and turn it into a fun and flirty skirt with this tutorial for How to Sew a T-Shirt Skirt. This fun recycled sewing project is a great way to makeover a boring tee into a trendy mini-skirt. This upcycled sewing idea combines the ease of a cotton t-shirt with vintage-inspired fringe detail.
- DIY Ruffle SkirtEvery girl looks adorable in ruffles, and this DIY Ruffle Skirt is the cutest way to use them yet. This tutorial shows you how to make a skirt that is a fun, fashionable way to use up any ruffle scraps you have around. You can use as many colors and prints as you want to make a pretty, comfortable skirt that your little girl will never want to take off.
- How to Make a Circle SkirtOne of the easiest and cutest ways to learn how to make a skirt is to use a circle skirt tutorial. This kind of skirt is especially fun, because it twirls and moves like other more fitting ideas. This makes circle skirt pattern ideas perfect for little girls.
- Jean Baby Free Skirt PatternMake your baby a blue jean baby when you make this girls skirt pattern. Utilizing an old pair of jeans, this skirt pattern for girls is the ideal project for a mom who is looking to save some money. You can easily create the Jean Baby Free Skirt Pattern with things you find around the house.
Free Dress Patterns for Girls
When it comes to sewing patterns for girls, dresses have been a long time favorite. These DIY dresses vary from special occasion dresses for girls to light and comfy sundresses that are easy to play and move in. These stylish and girly free dress patterns are great for back to school season, spring pictures, and holiday parties!
- Easy Girls Gathered Dress PatternGive your girls their new favorite summer dress with this Easy Girls Gathered Dress Pattern. This free sewing pattern is the best way to make your little one her new favorite sundress in no time at all! This easy dress pattern is super roomy, so your girls can still run and play in comfort without being restricted in tight clothes.
- Jolly Holiday Dress PatternYou can make your daughter or granddaughter the perfect holiday dress that she'll love showing off with this stunningly pretty Jolly Holiday Dress Pattern. With this free dress pattern for girls, you can make an adorable dress that's perfect for a family dinners, holiday parties, and school programs!
- Little Lady Braided Dress PatternThis summer, your girls can make a tiny style statement with this easy Little Lady Braided Dress Pattern. This free dress pattern is wonderful for girls between sizes 2T-6T and is a fantastic beginner sewing project. Girls will love wearing this adorable summer dress.
- Reversible Zen DressMake two dresses at once with the Reversible Zen Dress. If your child spills something on one side, just flip it inside out and you have a new, clean outfit ready to wear. This kid's clothing pattern would be a great piece to make before a warm weather vacation.
- Your husband's old dress shirt can be put to a stylish new use for your daughter. Sew her an Upcycled Dress for Girls using any shirt your husband no longer wears. This is the perfect dress for your daughter to wear while she plays outside in spring and summer sunshine.
- The Twirly Dress Free Pattern"This twirly dress is so fun. We have already worn ours many time. My daughter loves the full skirt and casual feel. With raglan sleeves, a hood, and gathered skirt, this dress was as fun to make as it seems to be to wear. Fun and easy to wear, this dress won't take too long to sew either."
- DIY Chiffon Fairy Costume"Today I have the cutest DIY Fairy Costume Tutorial made with a lovely flowy chiffon! I am so excited to share this one!!!! The idea came to me when I was scouting photography pictures on Pinterest. I loved the etherial soft backlit look with sweet pink tones."
- Two Tee Shirt Summer DressUpcycle your old t-shirts into adorable summer sun dress patterns like this. The Two Tee Shirt Summer Dress is perfect for summer fun in the sun for little girls. Try this sun dress pattern today!
- Knotted High-Low DIY DressSew your little girl this adorable Knotted High-Low DIY Dress for the summer months when all she wants to do is play outside. This dress tutorial has instructions for sizes 2T through 10, it is beginner friendly, and only takes two to four hours to make.
- Strawberry Vanilla DressThe Strawberry Vanilla Dress is super-cute with either a halter neck or with crossing ties in the back. Let your little one run and play in this adorable, easy to make dress. Free dress patterns this cute are hard to come by so check out this helpful tutorial.
- Flutter Sleeves Dress for GirlsA DIY dress for girls doesn't have to be pink and princess-y. This Flutter Sleeves Dress for Girls tutorial will help you learn how to make a dress that is simple and adorable without being overly sweet. The flutter sleeves add a unique, girly touch.
- Layered Dress for GirlsLearn how to make a skirt for your skill that she is sure to adore. This adorable Layered Dress for Girls is made up of feminine ruffles that will make her feel like a real princess. Use this free dress pattern this summer to make a sun dress or have your girl pair it with some warm leggings and a sweater for a cute fall get-up.
- Combined Crafts Sewn Crochet DressCombine free sewing and free crochet patterns to make this adorable free girl's dress pattern. This lovely little tunic-style girl's clothing pattern is a quick sewing project that your little lady will want to be wearing all summer.
- Keyhole Neckline DressWhat's not to love about the Keyhole Neckline Dress? With a unique collar and buttoned up back, this DIY dress screams to be worn. Free little girl dress patterns like this one can help make up a lovely wardrobe for your little girl.
- Frozen-Inspired Princess Anna CostumeThere is nothing more magical for a little girl than dressing up as her favorite princess. Make her dreams come true with this Frozen-Inspired Princess Anna Costume, which is a great DIY Halloween costume. This Princess Anna costume is an apron, which means that it is easy, quick, and budget friendly.
- Pocketful of Butterflies DressLearn how to make a dress for your girl that is truly magical. The Pocketful of Butterflies Dress involves imagination with its winning combination of sewing and fabric painted embellishments. From this dress pattern tutorial, you'll get tips and tricks on how to sew a dress, pocket, trim, and how to work in fabric paint.
- Fairy Light Princess DressLet your little princess shine with this Fairy Light Princess Dress. Whether this is your daughter's first royal excursion or her umpteenth Halloween as a princess, this is one of the DIY Halloween costumes she will talk about well past her childhood.
- Side Bow Sweater DressThis adorable Side Bow Sweater Dress is the perfect easy-to-make outfit for your favorite little girl. This unbelievably chic dress is made by upscaling a men's sweater. All you have to do to refashion an oversized sweater is follow the tutorial on the page.
- Easy Zipper Dress TutorialMake your little girl an adorable dress with the Easy Zipper Dress Tutorial and she won't want to take it off! If you don't know how to sew in a zipper, there's a simple technique in this tutorial that you will learn.
- How to Make A Tutu DressLearning how to make a tutu has never been easier. If you have a little dancer in your life, you absolute have to get started on this How to Make a Tutu Dress tutorial. Any pretty little princess will feel absolutely royal when she slips on this adorable little tutu dress.
- One-Yard Sydney Dress PatternMake your granddaughter an adorable sundress that she won't be able to stop wearing with this One-Yard Sydney Dress Pattern. This adorable dress pattern for girls is the perfect way for your little lady to keep cool and play in comfort. With this one-yard wonder, you can whip up a pretty pinafore in no time at all!
- 2 Tee Tie-Back DressInstead of tossing out those old tee shirts, work them into a 2 Tee Tie-Back Dress for your girl. This tutorial delivers an easy-to-make dress that not only upcycles your outgrown clothes, but gives you a versatile piece for every season.
- DIY Upcycled T-shirt Dress for GirlsTake old discarded t-shirts and turn them into something fabulous! With this easy step by step tutorial, you will learn how to take old t-shirts and turn them into an adorable ruffle dress that is as comfy as it is cute!
- Sweet Shirred Peasant Dress TutorialIs there anything more darling than a little girl in a dress? Follow this Sweet Shirred Peasant Dress Tutorial to learn how to make a dress that is adorable, yet comfortable for playtime.
Other Easy Sewing Projects for Girls
If your daughter needs a new pair of pants, a romper, or a nightgown, then you've come to the right place! These free sewing patterns for girls are perfect for any occasion and are a great way to add a little something extra to her school wardrobe. Plus, there's a fun Disney-inspired dress tutorial for any tiny Frozen fans.
- The Elsa DressThe Elsa Dress will undoubtedly be a huge hit if the recipient loves the movie that inspired it. Learn how to make a dress for girls who are giant Disney fans by following this easy tutorial.
- Fleece Pants PatternIf you've been doing some sewing for kids and need some new ideas, try these comfy pants. This Fleece Pants Pattern is a great way to make your own clothes that fit the needs of your growing kids!
- The Sadie ShirtYou can make a cute kids shirt from scratch! With this five part sewing tutorial, you'll learn how to make The Sadie Shirt. This adorable top with buttons to match will look so cute on any child.
- Sweet Little Girl's CardiganMake the Sweet Little Girl's Cardigan for your daughter or loved one. You can take a sweater you already own and refashion it to become an adorable cardigan for a little girl. It's a great way to make the most of your material.
- Boy's Button Up Into Girl's Top With TieGet ready for a smart sewing hack. Save all the button up shirts you have because they can be transformed into something special and new!
- Aladdin PantsYour little ones are sure to love these comfy Aladdin Pants. Pick a fun fabric and follow the tutorial to make these genie style pants. Now all they need is a magic carpet ride!
- Fingerless GlovesNot only are these Fingerless Gloves trendy but they are also super easy to make. This sewing pattern comes in two different sizes so you can make a pair for you and your little girl.
- Romping Good Time RomperWhen you make girls' clothes, don't get too complicated. Tutorials like this Romping Good Time Romper allow you to sew your own clothes without any anxiety.
- Goodnight Gown for GirlsSummer vacations are a perfect excuse for free sewing patterns like this Goodnight Gown for Girls. Traveling is always exciting for kids, and it’s even more exciting when they have a new outfit or two to wear while on vacation.
- Ruffled Petti RomperRuffles and lace are just what you need to dress up your little girl the cutest way possible. This tutorial will show you how to make a Ruffled Petti Romper both you and your daughter will love.
- Sew Girly Ruffle Shirt PatternWe guarantee your girls will love being the best dressed in their class with this trendy Sew Girly Ruffle Shirt Pattern. This free sewing pattern is perfect for girls of all ages and is adorable with cute leggings and flats.
- Printable Kids Shorts PatternsWhen the sun comes out and the weather gets warm, you find yourself scrambling to find a pair of shorts for kids that they can sport on sunny days.
- Scrapbuster Hair Bow TutorialAdd the perfect feminine touch to your bun or other favorite hairstyle with this Scrapbuster Hair Bow Tutorial. This free sewing tutorial teaches you how to make a hair bow out of small scraps of fabric so that you can dress up your bun whether you're going for a casual or dressy look.
- A Little Princess Upcycled NightieA Little Princess Upcycled Nightie is the perfect project for your young girl. Not only does this simple tutorial deliver a much loved nightgown to your daughter, it teaches you how to upcycle a man's shirt to reduce waste in your home.
- Breezy Bandana PantsYou don't have to spend a fortune to get adorable clothing that your kids will love, like these Breezy Bandana Pants. Follow this guide to learn how to make pants out of old bandanas, a great upcycled clothing sewing project.
- Madeline's Yellow JacketIn an old house in Paris that was covered in vines, lived 12 little girls in two straight lines, and they each needed a matching yellow coat! Madeline's Yellow Jacket has a vintage Parisian feel that is so cute, you'll have the other parents knocking on your door for the pattern.
- How to Make a LeotardLet your little girl feel like a true ballerina and dancer when you make her this DIY leotard and easy tutu tutorial. This adorable sewing pattern for girls is perfect for a kiddo taking dance class or a little girl who just loves playing pretend.
- Basic Knit DIY Tank TopThis Basic Knit DIY Tank Top is a must-have for your little girl's summer wardrobe. Learn how to make a tank top that is comfortable, adorable, and perfect for the playground.
- How to Make Tutu PantsFind out How to Make Tutu Pants with a super-easy sewing tutorial. These adorable pants can be made in less than 30 minutes using ready-made leggings and a dollar store tutu.
- Princess Print Kids PajamasIf you're interested in sewing kids' clothes, don't forget sleepwear! This sewing tutorial will show you how to make stylish Princess Print Kids Pajamas from flannel backed satin.
Best NEW Pattern!
- Vintage Lady Dress Pattern"Looking for a super easy beginner-friendly dress to sew for your little girl this Easter? Why not try the Vintage Lady Dress Pattern! This pattern comes in 3 sizes for your growing lady. It features a peter pan collar-accented bodice with a flare skirt. Within 2 hours, you can whip this dress up in no time for your little one. Have fun pairing the collar with your favorite cotton fabric for a classic design. This is the perfect dress to start learning how to sew clothes for your little lady."
Tired of finding patterns or tutorials you absolutely love and want to try only to find out that the blog post is simply a tutorial or a blurb about a project? Well, you’re in luck, because we have started to collect all of our printable sewing patterns into one place. 35+ Free Printable Sewing Patterns
What do you love to make for your granddaughter? Let us know below in the comments!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- DIY Embellished Sequin Patch Pin
- Easy Placemat Tutorial
- Simple DIY Hammock Tutorial
- Woven Jogger Pants Tutorial
- Henry Glass & Co.
- Noelle Halter Bralette and Panty Pattern
- Urban Jungle Bag Pattern
- Laser Cut Midi Skirt Tutorial
- Easy Laptop Case Tutorial
- Cutlery Zip Bag