Sewing for Boys: 17 DIY Clothing Ideas That He'll Love
Design clothing that your grandson will love with this list of sewing patterns for boys!
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Everywhere you look, you are sure to find skirt and dress patterns for little girls galore, but boys need clothes too! If you're a mom, grandma, or aunt to adorable little guys, check out this collection, Sewing for Boys: 17 DIY Clothing Ideas That He'll Love.
Whether you know what you want to find or you're looking for what to sew for boys, this page has you covered. With these free shirt patterns, sewn pants tutorials, and DIY jackets, your little man will be the best-dressed boy on the block. Plus, sewing your own clothes for your kids is a great way to save a few dollars without sacrificing your boys' style.
These DIY clothing ideas are perfect for boys of all ages, from toddlers to teens. With these easy tutorials, you can create adorable clothes of professional quality that no one will believe you made yourself. This collection includes outfits for school, weekend play dates, and dressy occasions such as weddings or church.
You'll never struggle to find sewing projects for your little guy again with these easy tutorials. Shirts, vest, pants, accessories, and more will make your boy look like a million bucks wherever he goes. We think these boys sewing patterns are the best around!
Table of Contents
Love sewing for kids? Download our free eBook, Upcycle T-Shirts: 10 Projects to Make for Kids. "Upcycle T-Shirts: 10 Projects to Make for Kids" eBook
Boys Pants Sewing Patterns
With their rough and tumble ways, it should be essential to know how to make pants for your boys. These pants sewing patterns are just what you need for a perfect fitting and stylish design your little gentleman will be excited to wear!
- Repurposed Sweatshirt Pants for KidsCreate your child’s fall and winter wardrobe in a flash without even using a pattern! All it takes are old adult sweatshirts, fleeces, and sweaters!
- Boys Pants with Striped CuffsThese trendy, comfy pants have a striped waistband, striped cuffs, and striped pockets that give just a hint of preppy flair to otherwise neutral pants.
- Boy Cargo ShortsMake your boy cargo shorts this summer that he'll actually wear. These sewing shorts instructions feature a roomy cargo pocket.
- Big Boy Bermuda ShortsThese adorable little summer shorts are perfect for the little man in your life. Complete with pockets and a fun, classy fit, these Big Boy Bermuda Shorts are a great way to sew kids' clothes.
- Little Dude Skinny JeansYour little man will look like a real rockstar in these adorable Little Dude Skinny Jeans. Equipped with a free pants pattern, this easy sewing project will turn your toddler into a real hipster.
- Old Pants into New Shorts for KidsAre your kids’ bureaus full of outgrown pants with holes ripped in the knees? Don’t throw them out, because you can easily turn them into “new” shorts for the summer!
Shirt Sewing Patterns for Boys
Make a customized, perfect-fitting, DIY shirt for your boy and he'll be all set for school, playing outside, or the yearly vacation. These shirts will save you money and help him stay happy. He can help pick fabric so that he'll have lots of favorite shirts and you'll hear less complaining when he needs to get dressed.
- Boys Free Tank TopHave active boys in your house? You need to make a few of these easy tank tops.
- Free Sewing Pattern for Boys TankGet ready for summer sun with this Free Sewing Pattern for Boys Tank. If you want to know how to sew clothes from old t-shirts, this is a great project for you to try.
- Crazy Car ShirtSpruce up a t-shirt by giving it a kid-friendly car theme. You can even make car caddies with any leftover fabric you may have. Homemade gifts are the best.
- Checkered Maxwell TopDressing up your little boy doesn't have to come with a big price tag. You can sew your son a Checkered Maxwell Top to keep him high fashion for a low price.
- Up, Up, and Away Airplane T-ShirtThis guide shows you how to make a shirt that is adorable, fast, and can be made using just old t-shirts, saving you money and time. Free applique templates are included, so you can easily make cute shapes that he will love.
- Kid Size Football JerseyIf you've ever struggled to find a sports jersey for your child the Kid Size Football Jersey pattern is for you. This unique pattern allows you to design your own jersey within your budget.
- Thrifty Tie TeeTake a thrifted shirt and transform it into a tie applique for this Thrifty Tie Tee. By learning how to refashion clothes you can save yourself a ton of money and brush up on sewing skills.
Boys Vest Patterns (+ Jacket and Hoodie Sewing Projects for Boys)
Vests and jackets are both stylish and functional for your little guy. Since they can be expensive, you can save money by making your own. The beauty of finding that perfect boys vest sewing pattern is that you can customize it exactly to his measurements. Same with the jackets and hoodies you'll find below.
- Prep School Boys Vest PatternThis Prep School Boys Vest Pattern is the perfect way to give your son or grandson some serious style without spending a fortune.
- Boys Retro Varsity JacketSewing a jacket can be tricky, but this tutorial makes it easy to create a sporty, adorable sweatshirt for your little boy. This lightweight DIY jacket is perfect for layering in cooler weather and would be an adorable back to school outfit.
- Adorable Argyle DIY HoodieYour kids will look like they just stepped off the runway in this Adorable Argyle DIY Hoodie. Learn how to make a hoodie for your little guy or girl that is much trendier, cuter, and more affordable than store-bought clothing.
- Dapper Dan VestWith this Dapper Dan Vest tutorial, you can learn how to make a vest that will give your little man all of the classiness with none of the cost. DIY clothes like this vest are a great way to save a few bucks without sacrificing style and cuteness.
- The New Yorker Boys' PeacoatThe New Yorker Boys' Peacoat is the kind of stylish winter jacket you'd see on the streets of Manhattan - but without the New York City price tag!
- Flying High Fleece for BoysThe adorable Flying High Fleece for Boys is a great project to make for your little guy. This winter, dress him in a warm and comfy fleece he'll love to wear.
For more DIY clothes ideas for kids, check out 35 Free Clothing Sewing Patterns for Girls + 13 New Sewing Project Ideas. 50+ Free Clothing Sewing Patterns for Girls
What types of sewing projects for kids would you like to see? Let us know below in the comments!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Snow White DIY Dress Up Apron
Make a Bedside Organizer
50+ Free Clothing Sewing Patterns for Girls
Child's Headband Sewing Pattern
Shirred Peasant Top
Easy Hospital Gown for Toddlers
Whimsical DIY Pencil Case
Fat Quarter Circle Skirt Pattern
10 Free Dress Patterns for Girls
American Girl DIY Doll Blanket
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Bridal Lace Blouse Top
- Ballet Chic: 10 How to Make a Tutu Tutorials
- Pretty and Plush: 25 Decorative Pillow Patterns
- Erin Hoffman
- 4 Favorite Free Fabric Flower Patterns
- June Tailor Mug Mats
- DIY Removable Lined Pouch
- DIY Drawstring Gift Bag with Divider
- Fat Quarter Patchwork Beginner Quilt
- Scrapbusting Patchwork Wall Decor Tutorial
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners