How To Make Thread Belt Loops
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"A wrap dress I sewed quite a while back now has a matching belt. It fits OK at the waist when I wear it as the waist is in the right place but it bugs me when I hang up the dress and the belt is separate and I have to hang it over the hanger – and invariably it slips off and ends up on the floor with my cat dragging it around. I need some of those thread belt loops that you used to see on dresses to hold the belt. I think these add a nice touch, hold the belt where it should be when worn, and when you take it off, the belt can still stay with the dress, ready for when you wear it next. So I set out to make some. You can sort of crochet them with needle and thread, but goodness, who has time for all that with thin thread these days. Not sure my middle-aged eye-sight could cope with that! I was looking for a quick and easy way – by machine with minimal hand-sewing. Here's how to make thread belt loops:"
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Spool Sawtooth Star Block For Beginners
- Diy Fabric Wallet
- Diy Floor Pouf With Free Sewing Pattern
- Diy Witch Hat Pillow
- Diy Bat Garland
- Diy Halloween Fabric Bucket + Free Pattern
- Diy - Maleficent Staff
- Mini Christmas Gnome Stocking Tutorial
- Waterfall Top Free Sewing Pattern
- Classic Man Boxer Shorts Pattern
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners