DIY Fathers Day Fabric Coffee Sleeve
Use this simple fabric coffee cozy pattern to create a wonderful handmade gift for Dad. He'll love using something you made every day. This coffee cozy tutorial will show you how to make a coffee sleeve that's personal and reusable. Below you'll find a video tutorial that will lead you through each step of this project.
- Small amount of fabric and interfacing
- Hair Tie, Button, Coordinating Thread, Straight Pins, Scissors, Sewing Machine,
- Coffee Cup and either a paper coffee sleeve or a template
- Use either the coffee sleeve or the template and cut 2 from material and 1 from interfacing.
- Following the manufacturer’s instructions, fuse interfacing to wrong side of one sleeve piece.
- Sew along 3 sides (leaving one short side open)
- Turn inside out, iron flat. On the open side, turn under about a half inch and iron.
- Place and pin the hair tie in the center of the open side.
- Sew side shut and top stitch along all sides.
- Using the coffee cup, measure button placement.
- Hand sew the button on.
- Fasten to coffee cup by sliding hair tie over the button.