This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- see all comments
"Updated link https//web.archive.org/web/20200203132624/https//d == iystyle.net/projects/fashion/ruffled-zipper-clutch == /"
"https//www.charmed-liebling.com/uploads/1/1/1/6/11 == 162541/pinkpeonybag9589.pdf. It seems like the link is broken."
"Thanks a lot!!"
"Looking for pattern to make pillows from old cheer uniforms?"
10 Min Seamless Panty Sewing Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
"This simple panty pattern will be your go-to panty since it disappears under your clothing. It’s simple design and simple construction make it perfect if you are just getting started in lingerie making. For this tutorial, we’ll be using this multi-page, printable panties pattern from my sister-site, Modern Sewing Patterns. You can print this underwear pattern out from any at-home printer and align the pattern using the notches and the numbered pages. Use tape to put the sewing pattern pieces. You can also see my complete guide on how to print, store, and use printable sewing patterns HERE. You’ll also need some 4-way stretch fabric for this tutorial. I got mine from Minerva. You can tell your fabric is a 4-way stretch if it comes equally in every direction. This will make your seamless panties more comfortable when they are on."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
To begin, fold your fabric in half and place the center front of your sewing pattern on the fold line. Use sharp pins to hold it in place before cutting it out.
Since we will be leaving the seams raw around the top and bottom of the panty (this helps to make them invisible under clothing since they won’t have bulky seams) I recommend using a rotary cutter to cut your pattern pieces out.
Quick Tip: Lace fabric can tend to get a bit slippery while you are cutting it, you may want to lay your fabric on a piece of tissue paper to prevent it from sliding around. You can also use more pins than usual to hold it in place for cutting.
This simple pattern only has two pieces to cut out so it’s great for using scrap pieces of fabric. Once your pattern pieces are cut out, your crotch lining piece should line up perfectly with the center front of your panties.
Now we get to sew it together! Fold your panties back together with the right sides facing each other and pin along the center back edge. Use either a narrow zig-zag stitch on a standard sewing machine or a serger to sew along the back edge at 1/4″ seam allowance.
For knit fabrics, use a ballpoint or stretch needle to prevent damage to your knits and prolong the life of your finished project.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Triangle Fabric Weights
Make your own fabric weights with this 10 minutes tutorial! These sewing weights are perfect for skipping pins when tracing your… Continue reading: "Triangle Fabric Weights"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Why is My Thread Wrapping Around the Bobbin?
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Make A Ruffle Dress From Men's Button Down Shirts
- Free Tie-Hem Shorts Sewing Pattern for Girls
- Easy Girl's Sundress Sewing Pattern
- A Line Dress Pattern For Girls
- Turn Your Old Jeans Into Versatile Denim Belts With Pockets
- 30+ Shirt Dress Patterns Free
- Diy Jane Austen Costume
- Easy Gathered Skirt With Rounded Patch Pockets
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners