9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
16 DIY Window Treatments: How to Sew Curtains
Update your favorite room in no time with our list of DIY curtains that are perfect for any home!
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Curtains are a wonderful way to add a touch of beauty and personality to your home, but it can be difficult to find curtains in a store that are affordable and fit your taste. Check out this fantastic collection, 16 DIY Window Treatments: How to Sew Curtains, to learn how to make curtains that are sophisticated, detailed, and customizable to your needs. These curtains would be a great addition to the DIY home decor in any room of your house, from the living room to your kids' bedrooms.
Make simple DIY curtains like these Super Stenciled DIY Curtains, or take it to the next level with more challenging projects like this Elegant Swag. You can even make smaller curtains for a kitchen or bathroom, like these Key West Curtains. Try these DIY window treatments and give your home decor a fresh new look without spending a fortune.
Not sure how to hang curtains? Our friends from DIYIdeaCenter have you covered! Don't miss this article on How to Hang Curtains: Placement, Installation, and DIY Curtains.
Table of Contents
Looking for more DIY home decor? Download our free eBook, 8 Easy Sewing Projects for the Home: Free Sewing Patterns for Home Decor. 8 Easy Sewing Projects for the Home: Free Sewing Patterns for Home Decor
Basic DIY Curtains
- Easy-Sew DIY Ikea Curtains"These easy-sew curtains take 5 simple straight lines. I grabbed this great fabric from IKEA and knew it would fit perfectly into the decor of our home. These curtains are great because you can pick any design you want to match your home."
- Pet Hair Resistant CurtainsIf you're tired of finding pet hair all over your home, then you'll love this simple tutorial for how to make Pet Hair Resistant Curtains. This easy sewing project is the perfect solution to pet hair and messy kids, and these DIY curtains are designed to be easy to clean, making them the ultimate project for busy moms.
- Homemade Fabric CurtainsGive your home a facelift without having to spend a lot of money. You can make Homemade Fabric Curtains to jazz up any window in your house. DIY home decor projects like this are great ways to dress up a room without breaking the bank.
- Easy Curtain Method TutorialFollow this Easy Curtain Method Tutorial to create simple curtains you can embellish in any way you choose. Free sewing patterns come in all shapes and sizes, and when it comes to making your home your own, isn't it better to add an original, handmade touch than to spend extra money at an impersonal big box store?
- Super Stenciled DIY CurtainsIf you are looking for a fun way to add some new life to your apartment, consider creating these Super Stenciled DIY Curtains for a window, closet door, or anywhere else that needs some covering. DIY curtains are a great way to decorate a smaller apartment.
- Bright and Cheery Ruffled CurtainsBrighten up your living space with the Bright and Cheery Ruffled Curtains. If you've been searching for instructions on how to make curtains, give this project a try. Learn how to sew curtains that can add a pop of color to any room.
- Gathered Top Panel CurtainsMake your own curtains using this sewing tutorial. Gathered top panel curtains add a unique detail and charm to plain curtains, which makes them great for a bedroom.
- Kitchen Curtains with Gingham BowsMake these easy, retro kitchen curtains with gingham bows to hang in your windows, and watch your home instantly transform! This tutorial shows you how to sew curtains if you're a beginner.
How to Make Curtains with Upcycled Materials
Want to save even more money? Try making these amazing upcycled DIY curtains that are so beautiful and clever, no one will know that you didn't spend a dime.
- The Easiest DIY Window Valance Ever is the simplest, prettiest way to give your living space a new look. You won't believe how easy these no sew curtains are to make. This window valance is made using an upcycled tablecloth, which makes it extra budget-friendly and quick.
- Cowboy DIY Kitchen CurtainsEasy sewing projects can be a great way to add unique decor to your home for less. Try adding a little yee-haw to your space with these Cowboy DIY Kitchen Curtains. This project is made from refashioned bandanas, so you won't have to spend a dime to instantly make your kitchen look more rustic.
- Pretty Patchwork DIY CurtainsThis funky tutorial shows you how to make curtains out of vintage bed sheets. The final product is absolutely stunning. These long Pretty Patchwork DIY Curtains would look fantastic covering a floor to ceiling window, hanging behind your bed, or even as a room divider in a studio apartment.
- Insulated Window Blind TutorialIt's cold outside - warm up your home with the Insulated Window Blind Tutorial. Using a blanket you can sew together blinds that will keep in the warmth and keep out the cold. Not to mention, it adds a pop of color to your home decor.
Half-Size DIY Curtains
If you have smaller windows or want to let in some light, these half-sized curtains are the perfect addition to your DIY home decor.
- Vintage Button Kitchen CurtainsMake homemade curtains with this free sewing pattern. These Vintage Button Kitchen Curtains look great in a kitchen or hanging from a bedroom window to add some quirky flair to your sleeping space. You are going to love making and hanging this free curtain pattern in your home.
- Easy Lined Curtains TutorialNobody likes dealing with drafts during windy winter weather, so get ready to start sewing in preparation of the colder months with this Easy Lined Curtains Tutorial. This DIY home decor project is great if you've always wanted to make your own curtains and this sewing tutorial walks you through each step of the sewing process.
- Key West CurtainsIf you are feeling a bit of cabin fever or feel like your kitchen or bathroom is looking drab these days, these Key West Curtains are just the thing to cure what ails you. The gorgeous bright fabric will transport you to somewhere warm and tropical.
- Fresh and Fancy DIY CurtainsIf you are looking for a new way to spice up your home, consider crafting some brand new curtains. Window decorations can really make a room pop, especially if they are floor to ceiling curtains. These Fresh and Fancy DIY Curtains will give any room new life.
DIY Curtain Challenges
Step up your DIY curtains by trying one of these challenging, fun projects that will add a level of sophistication to your home.
- London Shade TutorialThis London Shade Tutorial is an intermediate level sewing project and could be completed within 6/8hrs. The London Shade is inside mounted and pulled using roman shade cord and Austrian Tape to give an elegant and traditional feel.
- Roman Blind TutorialMaintain the privacy in your home by following the Roman Blind Tutorial and making blinds for your kitchen area or other room. With a fabric that fits into your home decor you'll be adding to the overall feel of the room.
- Fixed Flat Fold Roman ShadesUse these patterns to sew curtains for your home. Make fixed flat fold Roman shades that are easy to make and change out every season.
- Elegant SwagElegant swag makes any room seem a bit more, well, elegant. Make your own window treatments with this free sewing pattern. This window drape pattern is a great way to add classy touches and elegant finishes on a room. The long, flowy material of the drape makes the walls around the windows seem taller, and it adds a finesse to the house that simple store bought curtains could never achieve.
- Pleated Window ValanceMake your own curtains with this tutorial for a pleated window valance. Transform a boring room with this easy sewing project.
DIY home décor is the best way to make your house look like a home. When you craft things for your home all on your own, you make the environment so deeply personal and special that it makes it easy to feel like you belong. 13 Back Porch & Front Porch Decorating Ideas (Free Sewing Patterns)
What are your favorite home decor sewing projects? Leave a comment below!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Knit Baby Hat Sewing Pattern
- Upcycled Toddler Half Apron Tutorial
- DIY Upcycled Milk Jug Lunch Bag
- Toddler DIY Fabric Scrunchie Bracelet
- Embellished Onesie Dresses Tutorial
- Girls’ Upcycled Dress Apron Pattern
- Stash-Busting Christmas Gift Bags Pattern
- Stash-Busting Halloween Sewing Crafts
- Kid Art Applique Tutorial
- First Class DIY Travel Pillow
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners