AllFreeSewing.com and BERNINA Host Sewing Machine Giveaway
As the craft gains popularity, the sewing website and the sewing machine company team up to give away the Activa 210 machine to a lucky winner.
March 1, 2011—Northbrook, IL—While sewing isn't a new craft, its popularity has continued to rise in recent years. People of all ages have picked up the craft in response to a harsh economy and as a creative outlet. Whether it be the "Do It Yourself" mentality or the heavy price tags, Americans are spending less time standing in line at retail stores and more time creating with their sewing machines.
The Craft and Hobby Association reports that in 2009, 31 million American households included a sewer. With sewing on the rise, popular television shows like Lifetime’s “Project Runway” thrive. What was once looked at as a dying craft has found a whole new generation of sewing enthusiasts.
Joyce Perhac of the Sewing and Craft Alliance told commercialappeal.com that she believed sewing is steadily popular for several reasons.
“Baby boomers are retiring and looking for something to occupy their time; do-it-yourself shows on television and shows like ‘Project Runway’ are really driving interest in sewing for the younger generation,” Perhac said.
Perhac also noted the struggling economy as a source for sewing’s popularity.
“That always influences the spike and interest in sewing,” Perhac said. “The standard thinking is when the economy is bad, interest in sewing grows.”
With millions of people picking up the craft, sewing machine manufacturers like BERNINA are keeping up to date with the latest technology. Partnering with AllFreeSewing.com, BERNINA is giving away one Activa 210 sewing machine to a lucky winner. The retail price of the machine is $999.
The Activa 210 includes features such as a quick reverse button, a LCD screen and two spool holders. With this machine, users are able change the basic settings and the motor speed with just the touch of a button. The settings are then displayed on the screen so users can easily continue on with their stitching without having to readjust machine settings.
Anyone that becomes a fan of the AllFreeSewing Facebook page is automatically entered to win the Activa 210. The giveaway begins March 4, 2011 and lasts for one month, ending on April 4, 2011.
For more information regarding the AllFreeSewing.com and Bernina sewing machine giveaway, users can visit the Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/AllFreeSewing or http://www.allfreesewing.com/index.php/hct/Bernina-Activa-210-Sewing-Machine-Giveaway.
AllFreeSewing.com is a property of Prime Publishing LLC
AllFreeSewing.com is an exciting resource for all things sewing - from expert tips to project ideas for every style and skill level. We also publish Sewing It Up, a free e-mail newsletter, publish sewing eBooks, and create sewing related product promotions, contests, and giveaways.
Prime Publishing LLC was established in 1995 as a traditional niche book publishing company. Today, we are an Internet Media Company that operates web site communities and e-mail newsletters in niche areas such as crafting and cooking. To learn more, visit www.primenewsletters.com.
Founded in Switzerland more than 100 years ago, BERNINA is the world’s premier manufacturer with a proven reputation for offering state-of-the-art sewing and embroidery systems, sergers and embroidery software. BERNINA’s leadership is marked by an impressive number of industry leaders, influencers and artisans who chose to partner with the company. BERNINA products are sold in the United States through a network of approximately 500 fully trained dealerships. In 2008, the company introduced the revolutionary BERNINA 830, a machine designed to change the home sewing industry. To learn more and to find a dealer, visit www.berninausa.com or call (630)978-2500.
March 1, 2011—Northbrook, IL ###
- 15 Minute Infinity Scarf Pattern
- Gorgeous Table Runner Patterns: 17 DIY Table Runner Tutorials
- 27 Patterns to Sew Purses + 6 New Coin Purses
- Striped Tee Necklace
- 36 Box Block Quilt
- 4 Homemade Gifts For Any Occasion + 7 New DIY Gift Ideas
- 45 Dress Patterns for Sewing + 11 New Free Dress Patterns
- Twenty Minute Tote
- Neck Pillow Tutorial
- Laundry Basket Liner
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 6 Free Sewing Projects to Make for Going Back to School
- 6 Sew Easy To Make Christmas Ornaments
- 6 Sewing Projects for Christmas: How to Make Easy Last Minute Christmas Gifts
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Give Thanks: 10 Sewing Ideas for Thanksgiving
- Homemade Halloween Costumes: 11 Kids Halloween Costume Ideas
- How to Make Your Own Halloween Costumes: 9 DIY Halloween Costumes
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Sew for Beginners: Types of Fabric
- Casual Long Sleeve Dress Pattern
- How to Sew a Ball
- Half Hour Easy Skirt Pattern
- Baby Changing Mat Clutch
- Little Bow Long Sleeve Shirt Pattern
- How to Add Snaps
- Pretty Personalized Notebooks
- How to Sew a Box Perfectly
- Camellia Fabric Flowers Tutorial