FAQs- Frequently Asked Questions
Sewing It Up is a FREE email sewing newsletter published by the editors of AllFreeSewing.com three times per week. Each of the standard issues revolves around a sewing theme, such as Homemade Sewing Patterns, Sewing for Special Occasions or Sewing Decor. Here is what is included in each and every issue of Sewing It Up:
- 8-10 sewing projects
- Sewing giveaways- enter to win books every two weeks on the site
- New sewing eBooks to download for free
- New blog posts at FaveCraftsBlog.com
- Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter updates
Many people contact us asking how to subscribe for Sewing It Up. Signing up for the free sewing newsletter Sewing It Up is simple. Just go to our Newsletter Subscriber Page and fill in your information. You can also click Subscribe at the bottom of any page at AllFreeSewing.com to get to this sign-up form.
We support the Hassle-Free unsubscribe at AllFreeSewing.com. To unsubscribe from the sewing email newsletter, you can simply click the “Hassle-Free Unsubscribe” image at the bottom of any issue of Sewing It Up or click the Unsubscribe link also provided at the bottom of each mailing. You can also unsubscribe at the website here.
Please visit the following link in order to change your email address for newsletter subscriptions.
Please note that if you also have a site account for a pattern box, you will need to log in and change your email address under “My Account.”
1. Click the Tools menu. (On a Mac, click the Firefox menu.)
2. Select Options. (On a Mac, select Preferences.)
3. Click the Privacy tab.
4. Select the 'Accept cookies from sites' checkbox.
5. Click the OK button.
1. Click on the Tools menu (located at the upper right hand corner of the browser, next to the search bar.)
2. Select Settings.
3. Click "Show advanced settings."
4. Under the Privacy header, click the "Content settings..." button.'
5. Select "Allow local data to be set (recommended)."
6. Click "Done."
Internet Explorer 10 and 11
1. Click the "Tools" button.
2. Click "Internet Options."
3. Click the "Privacy" tab, and then, under "Settings," move the slider to Medium or Low.
4. Click "Apply."
Internet Explorer 6 or 7
1. Click the Tools menu.
2. Select Internet Options.
3. Click the Privacy tab.
4. Click the Default button (or manually slide the bar down to 'Medium').
5. Click the OK button.
1. Click the Safari menu.
2. Select Preferences.
3. Click Security.
4. In the 'Accept Cookies' section, select Always.
*If you have cookies enabled but use certain features such as SafeSearch, you may also need to allow third-party cookies such as those from AllFreeSewing.
See your clever sewing tip, pattern or tutorial published with your name at AllFreeSewing.com! We link to the sewing pattern itself as opposed to listing the full pattern on the web site as we are a directory of sewing links. Simply contact us with your sewing link and a member of the editorial team will get back to you. For longer sewing tips or tutorials, an AllFreeSewing.com editor will send you a Sewing Project Submission Guide. We prefer tutorials with images and also welcome sewing videos at our website. Three ways you can submit are:
a. Links to sewing patterns-Send us your link so we can link out to it.
b. Full tutorials for our Tutorials section-Send us your full tutorial via Word document.
c. Full sewing tips for our Tips section-Send us your full tip via Word document.
As a new feature on the site, we will be creating designer profiles for designers with two or more projects on the site. To see examples of what the profiles will look like, see the Sewing Designer profiles. We will need a short bio and photo. This is a great way to gain traffic to your blog or site! If you already have two or more projects and would like a profile, just contact us.
What are sewing eBooks?
AllFreeSewing eBooks are free, downloadable sewing pattern collections organized around a theme. These eBooks are PDF documents that can be downloaded off our website, saved to your computer, and/or printed out for easy reference while crafting. We think eBooks are a great way to offer a free collection of sewing patterns and ideas to our users. For more advantages to eBooks, see our eBook Guide. One of our recent free eBooks was a great collection of beginner sewing patterns. You can find our latest collection of sewing eBooks here.
Go to our Free Sewing eBooks page and click on the eBook that interests you. You will need Adobe to access our eBooks, but you can download a free copy of Adobe Reader from the Adobe website. For help downloading the eBooks, see our eBook Guide. You will also find links to patterns, diagrams and other resources in sewing patterns published in the eBooks. If a link in a PDF sewing pattern does not work, type the project name into the search box at our website to locate the project and please contact us.
How do I enter knitting product giveaways?
The AllFreeSewing.com editorial team loves giving away sewing products to our readers. Every Monday, we feature a new contest to win a sewing related prize. These sewing books and products are reviewed by our testing team. You can enter the contest via the entry form on the contest page. See all current and upcoming giveaways here.
Weekly giveaways last two weeks. Winners are notified by email, and they have two weeks to send back their affidavits in order to claim the prize. Once those two weeks have passed we will pick a different winner. In addition to standard entry via the form on the contest page, we will give you an extra entry in the contest for EACH of the following items:
- We will give you an extra entry if you blog about the giveaway at your blog. Contact us with a link to the blog post.
- We will give you an extra entry if you tweet about the giveaway. Use the tweet button at the bottom of the contest form to get this extra entry.
- We will give you an extra entry if you post about the giveaway on Facebook. Use the Like button at the bottom of the contest form to get this extra entry.
You can look for new giveaways in the newsletter every Monday. For more specific rules regarding a giveaway, please see the Rules link at the bottom of any contest page.
Brother: Home Sewing Machines and Embroidery Machines
Burdastyle: for People who Love to Sew
Butterick: The World's First Name in Sewing Patterns
The Kerem Group: an American Sewing Company
Sewing.org: Free Sewing & Craft Projects, Learn to Sew, Guidelines Articles, Charitable Projects, Bridal, Kids & More
Simplicity: Creativity Made Simple
Singer: Sewing machine manufacturer
If you want to link to AllFreeSewing.com, just follow this link and learn how. If you'd like AllFreeSewing to link to your website or blog, consider submitting a sewing project. Designers who submit two or more projects to AllFreeSewing are eligible for a designer profile, which can include links to your blog, website, Facebook fan page, Etsy shop, etc.
To ensure that the email we send you ends up in your inbox, and isn't mistakenly sent to the junk folder, please whitelist our email address, which is mail@AllFreeSewing.com. For instructions on how to do so, click here.
Our Mail Servers:
Our mail servers send e-mail through primenewsletters.com or favecrafts.com for all of our web properties. For a complete list of our e-mail newsletters please visit www.primenewsletters.com or our subscriber center.
Updated April 23, 2014
- 15 Minute Infinity Scarf Pattern
- Gorgeous Table Runner Patterns: 17 DIY Table Runner Tutorials
- Fabric Basket Cover
- Braided T-Shirt Coaster
- 27 Patterns to Sew Purses + 6 New Coin Purses
- 36 Box Block Quilt
- 20 Free Sewing Apron Patterns
- Striped Tee Necklace
- Microwave Bowl Holder
- Roses Are Red DIY Placemats
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 6 Free Sewing Projects to Make for Going Back to School
- 6 Sew Easy To Make Christmas Ornaments
- 6 Sewing Projects for Christmas: How to Make Easy Last Minute Christmas Gifts
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Give Thanks: 10 Sewing Ideas for Thanksgiving
- Homemade Halloween Costumes: 11 Kids Halloween Costume Ideas
- How to Make Your Own Halloween Costumes: 9 DIY Halloween Costumes
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Casual Long Sleeve Dress Pattern
- How to Sew a Ball
- Half Hour Easy Skirt Pattern
- Baby Changing Mat Clutch
- Little Bow Long Sleeve Shirt Pattern
- How to Add Snaps
- Pretty Personalized Notebooks
- How to Sew a Box Perfectly
- Camellia Fabric Flowers Tutorial
- Convenient Sewing Machine Mat