46 Free Skirt Patterns
By: Kirsten Kwon, Editor of AllFreeSewing.com
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
If you want to learn how to sew a skirt, you've found the right collection! With these 46 Free Skirt Patterns to choose from, you're bound to find something you love. All of the following skirt patterns include detailed instructions that will make it easy for you to create your own skirts. Whether you're looking for something casual like the Dirndle Skirt, or something more formal like the Mulberry Style Paperbag Skirt, we've got a skirt tutorial for you! If you don't have much time, make the 15 Minute Skirt and head out the door in style. Making skirts is always rewarding because no girl can ever have too many. Dress them up or dress them down, wear them in the summer with bare legs or in the winter with tights. Skirts are a staple in every girl's wardrobe. Check out this collection of free skirt patterns and start making your own stylish skirts!
46 Free Skirt Patterns
Table of Contents
For more DIY skirts, check out 35 Free Skirt Sewing Patterns: How to Make a Skirt Out of Jeans & More.
- Anthropologie Ruffled Skirt Tutorial - Make this lovely skirt you can take from a day look to a night look. The Anthropologie Ruffled Skirt Tutorial will show you how! It's a causal skirt that will great on any body type.
- Anthropologie Work Skirt - The Anthropologie Work Skirt is ready to be worn in the office. Make this classy sewn project and you'll save money by not buying more expensive clothes for work.
- How to Make a Scalloped Front Skirt - Making your own scalloped skirt is easy with this free sewing pattern. You'll be the talk of the party with this fancy skirt. People won't believe that you made it yourself!
- Mulberry Style Paperbag Skirt - Make your own clothes or alter thrift store finds with free sewing craft patterns like this one! The Mulberry Style Paperbag Skirt is easy to make, and it's universally flattering to boot.
- Pleated High Waist Skirt - Free skirt patterns like this Pleated High Waist Skirt accentuate the smallest part of your torso for a flattering look.
- The Pinwheel Skirt - The Pinwheel Skirt looks fancy and store bought. Instead, impress everyone with your sewing skills and make this beautiful skirt yourself. Learn how to sew a pencil skirt with some flair. It's a great sewing project for spring.
- The Charlotte Skirt - With everyhing you need to achieve a professional ensemble for the office and a dinner out afterwards, this free skirt pattern is just what you're looking for.
- Tulle Snowball Skirt - Learn how to sew a skirt that is elegant and charming by following this tutorial.
- Lovely DIY Tulle Skirt - This DIY skirt lives up to its name and is positvely enchanting.
- The Sofia Skirt Pattern - This adorable skirt has a flattering shape and a unique pattern that is sure to turn heads.
- Cotton Candy Pleated Skirt Tutorial - Ditch boring, basic black for this pretty, feminine pink skirt that is perfect for the office or a night out.
- How to Make a Skater Skirt - If you're looking for a trendy alternative to body-clinging pencil skirts, this flowy skater skirt is simple, elegant, and appropriate for any work setting.
- Dirndl Skirt - Learn how to make your own clothes with this free beginner sewing project for a dirndl skirt. This project features a gathered mini-skirt that is inspired by a traditional German costume.
- Draped Skirt - Make a runway-inspired draped skirt with this free sewing project and you'll be on your way to learning to make your own clothes. This skirt is only for the truly fashion-forward!
- Elastic Waistband Skirt - Use this free sewing project to make your own clothes! The elastic waistband skirt is comfortable, flattering, and easy to sew.
- How to Sew a Circular Skirt - Making your own circular skirt is easy with this free skirt pattern. Once you get the hang of the technique, you can create an all-new summer wardrobe.
- Simple Garter Skirt - This easy skirt tutorial makes a great summer accessory. It's easy to sew and can be paired with a number of tops. You'll probably want to make more than one!
- Simple Circle Skirt in Minutes - Learn how to sew a skirt that works with your movements. Dress it up or down; either way, this DIY skirt is a winner.
- Unstoppable Pencil Skirt - Clad in this DIY pencil skirt, you'll feel virtually unstoppable. Conquer the day with confidence with this stylish staple.
- The Perfect Peggy Skirt - For a fresh look revive this vintage style skirt.
- Simple 15 Minute Skirt - If you've got 15 Minutes, you've got time for the 15 minute skirt tutorial. Everyone will be impressed that you made this stylish skirt in such short time. It's a very wearable sewn project.
- The Domesticated Skirt - The Domesticated Skirt is an example of how to make your own clothes. It doubles up as a skirt and an apron--perfect for woman who loves cute sewing projects and cute clothes.
- How to Sew a Stretchy Knit Skirt - You don't have to need a reason to learn how to sew a skirt, sometimes your day-to-day wardrobe just needs a new piece. Learn how to make the next wardrobe staple.
- Lovely Lace Skirt Tutorial - This lace skirt is the ultimate feminine piece that takes any outfit from simple to chic.
- Pretty Pockets Gathered Skirt Tutorial - Who doesn't love a skirt with pockets? This simple yet elegant floral skirt is a staple for any woman's spring and summer wardrobe.
- Chevron DIY Maxi Skirt - This trendy DIY maxi skirt offers maximum comfort and ultimate style.
- Comfy and Casual Free Skirt Pattern: Learn how to make a skirt that is warm and wonderful.
- Versatile A-Line Skirt: Wear this free skirt pattern with just about any outfit.
- Namaste Maxi Skirt Pattern: A gorgeous DIY maxi skirt pattern to wear while you catch some much needed meditation.
- Any Day Free Skirt Pattern: Make this skirt to wear out on the town, at home, at work, or anywhere else. Wear it any day you want.
- Murphy's Layered Skirt - The Murphy's Layered Skirt has ruffled tiers in bright colors that cascade down to your knees. Try this free skirt pattern and before long you'll be able to make your own clothes.
- Petticoat - Follow this free sewing project to make a petticoat, which can be used to add volume under another skirt or worn by itself. The ruffles make a major fashion statement!
- Ruffled Peplum Skirt Tutorial - For an adorable, feminine skirt, follow the instructions of the Ruffled Peplum Skirt Tutorial. You'll end up with a straight legged skirt and a detachable belt. It's cute for dressing up or for the office.
- Fluffy Chiffon Skirt - How much fun is it to twirl in a little tutu like skirt? Make this cute Fluffy Chiffon Skirt for the little girl in your life. It will be a special gift they'll definitely enjoy.
- A Simple Skirt Tutorial - When Spring rolls around, it's skirt weather! Check out this skirt pattern and make a two-tiered skirt to try something new. It's a Simple Skirt Tutorial that will lead you to create a simple skirt, perfect for the little girl in your life.
If you love these feminine ideas, download a free copy of our eBook, 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects. You'll find even more lovely ideas with full instructions and color photos.
- 5 Minute Skirt - It takes only 5 minutes to make the 5 Minute Skirt, a free, easy skirt pattern for beginners.
- XOX Skirt - This free sewing pattern helps you learn how to design and make your own clothes, specifically the XOX Skirt, a tiered, ruffled skirt.
- Fringe Skirt - The Fringe Skirt is fun to wear and move in. Channel your inner 20s with this DIY sewing project. Follow these instructions to make this trendy Fringe Skirt.
- Elastic Waistband Skirt For Spring - For those days when you want to be comfy but don't want to sacrifice style, this project is your answer. The Elastic Waistband Skirt for Spring is cute and easy to make. Let this simple tutorial help you make a perfect Spring skirt.
- Sleek Pencil Skirt - Add a tenacious but classic piece to your wardrobe by learning how to sew a skirt like this one.
- Super Sweet Circle Skirt - For a little more movement in your wardrobe, try this simple tutorial.
- Extra-Long DIY Maxi Skirt - They are all the rage, and for good reason. Learn how to sew a maxi skirt to create a piece that transcends all seasons.
- Knit DIY Pencil Skirt - For a cute skirt that hugs you the right way, try this tutorial.
- How to Make a Skirt Fit for a Sailor: This vintage sailor skirt is trendy, cute, and sure to make a statement.
- Half Circle Skirt Tutorial: Learn how to make a circle skirt for your wardrobe.
- How to Make a Skirt from a Shower Curtain: See it to believe it. Seriously!
Which skirt do you want to wear the most?
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Lazy Day Free Skirt Pattern
- Simple 15 Minute Skirt
- 46 Free Skirt Patterns
- Old Jeans Free Skirt Pattern
- Any Day Free Skirt Pattern
- Cable Knit DIY Pencil Skirt
- Simple Circle Skirt in Minutes
- How to Make a Skirt from a Shower Curtain
- J. Crew Inspired Classic Skirt
- Pretty Pockets Gathered Skirt Tutorial
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 12 Beautiful Tote Purse Patterns Plus How to Make a Clutch for Everyday
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 6 Free Sewing Projects to Make for Going Back to School
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Doll Tank Top and Shorts
- Postage Stamp Mini Quilt Tutorial
- Sew Sunny Frisbee
- Large Upcycled Denim Tote
- Reversible Waterproof Picnic Blanket
- Urban Traveler Tote Bag Pattern
- Little Bird Applique Skirt
- Denim Panel Skirt Pattern
- Beachy American Girl Doll Clothes
- 17 Free Embroidery Patterns and How to Embroider Tutorials