50+ Patterns to Sew Purses
By: Kirsten Kwon, Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Of all things to sew, making purses is truly rewarding. Why? Because you can use them every day! Not to mention, when you're out and about wearing your newly sewn masterpiece, people will take notice. Be the envy of all your friends with any of these patterns to sew purses. It's so much fun to design your own handbags that you'll constantly be working on your next great purse project. If you've never made one before, you've come to the right place because these awesome patterns will teach you how to sew a purse. For all the great reasons to sew your own purse, here are some of the best free purse patterns to sew!
50+ Patterns to Sew Purses
Table of Contents:
Love free bag patterns? Then check out the 12 Beautiful Tote Purse Patterns free sewing patterns eBook!
- Gathered Clutch - This free sewing pattern is a new take on the traditional clutch--it features gathered details and an interior pocket to keep credit cards and more.
- Placemat Clutch - No, this adorable clutch doesn't look like it was made from a placemat but it was! Can you believe where creativity can get you? Follow the Placemat Clutch Tutorial to make one of your own.
- Clutches for the Ladies - Looking for a special gift for your bridesmaids? Make these Clutches for the Ladies! They'll love having a usable keepsake from you.
- Pleated Pouch - Sometimes you just need a cute, little bag to throw a few things in. The Pleated Pouch is a cute option. With a zippered top and a body small enough to fit inside a larger bag, you'll find this accessory works for everyday life.
- The Dainty Leather Clutch - Working with leather can be challenging but with this easy free purse pattern you can create a super cute clutch, great for a night out.
- Lined Sequin Clutch - If you have a night on the town planned, hit it with style by learning how to sew a purse that sparkles.
- Pretty Little Clutch - Make this free clutch sewing pattern for you or a friend. It simple to sew and has a cute, crisp look.
- DIY Rug Clutch - Learn how to upcycle an old rug to make a free purse pattern you'll adore.
- Patchwork DIY Bag Patterns - This free patchwork pattern make a great travel wallet or crafty way to tote your sewing supplies.
- The Awesome Denim Clutch - Turn old jeans into a new clutch with this free how to make a bag tutorial.
- Beaded Clutch Tutorial - Make a simple and stunning DIY clutch with this free printable sewing pattern.
- Two-Tone Clutch Purse - Mix and match prints to create a chic and stylish clutch to add to your wardrobe rotation. (NEW!)
- Adorable Fabric Purse - This Adorable Fabric Purse is the perfect size to fit all your belongings while still keeping that chic look. Use holiday themed fabric like the one in this tutorial or another kind that better suits your personal style.
- Buttercup Bag - With this free purse pattern, sew a bag that's dainty and adorable. This purse is stylish and the perfect size for a day of shopping.
- Hobo Dance Bag - This is an easy way to make a stylish bag. The Hobo Dance Bag can be decorated as seen here, or for a more adult version use a different logo or go without. The messenger bag will look great and be very useful.
- One Hour Bag - Use these patterns to sew purses in an hour or less! This one hour bag is easy and versatile enough to take to work, school, the mall, even the gym! Learn how to sew a purse and then make enough for everyone you love.
- Darling Drawstring Backpack - Check out this full printable pattern to sew a purse that's hands-free and fashionable.
- The Day Trip Purse - It's got the room and the style you need for your day bag.
- Blossom Shoulder Bag - With multiple pockets in the main compartment and a sleek, stylish design, the Blossom Shoulder Bag is every girl's dream bag.
- Burlap Purse With Shabby Rose - You'd be surprised to hear that you can make a lovely purse like the Burlap Purse With Shabby Rose for around $5! Similar bags could set you back close to $100.
- Traditional Japanese Rice Bag - With a drawstring and fun print, this traditional and free purse pattern will give you the perfect variation in your style.
- Bunny Bag - This bag has ears and you are going to love that.
- Retro Travel Bag - Travel back to 1963 and do it in style with this free sewing pattern!
- Your Dream Bag - This is the bag you have been waiting for! Click to see why.
- Fat Quarter Bag - This big bag can carry a lot and it is super easy to make. Check it out.
- How to Make a Bag in One Hour - One hour, some fabric, and you have a free bag pattern worth carrying around.
- The Wonder Mom Free Purse Pattern - Moms need purses that can hold it all and this free purse pattern has plenty of room for everything and more.
Get even more purse and bag patterns in our free eBook, Sewing Bags: Tutorials You'll Love & 15 Free Purse Sewing Patterns.
- 5 Step Market Tote - The 5 Step Market Tote is really as easy as it seems. You can make this tote in one night - then you'll find yourself using it daily. And they're made from old pillowcases so they're useable and thrifty!
- Oversized Beach Tote - Sew an oversized beach tote with this free sewing project. This tote is large enough to hold eight beach towels!
- Pleated Tote - Sometimes you just need that perfect sized bag to carry around town or to the beach. Let the Pleated Tote be your answer.
- Canvas Beach Bag - Need a place to store all of your belongings while you're in the water? Make the Canvas Beach Bag in bright, fun fabric. It will become your go-to bag this season.
- T-Shirt Tote Bag - Use these patterns to sew purses from a t-shirt! The T-shirt tote bag is an easy way to learn how to sew a purse on the cheap.
- Twenty Minute Tote - You can carry anything in the twenty minute tote, and you can make a dozen of them since it sews up so quickly! Use this sewing tutorial to learn how to sew your own purse in whatever fabric you want.
- A Handibag From A Pillowcase - As far as free purse patterns go, this one is thrifty and easy to make. Preserve your favorite pillowcase by transforming it into a functional part of your accessories.
- The Piano Shoulder Bag - The sound of this free purse pattern will be music to your ears. Sew a purse that is quirky and functional at the same time.
- Dotty Embroidered Tote - Patterns to sew purses don't get much more classy than this one. Add some flair to your fashion by polka-dotting your way to a stylish tote.
- A Fine Day T-Shirt Tote - Whether it's a fine day or a rainy one, this tutorial will let you sew a purse in a matter of minutes. Upcycle a favorite tee into something delightful.
- Your Favorite Beach Bag - It's no lie. Patterns to sew purses like this one will yield your absolute favorite beach bag. See for yourself.
- Classy Striped Tote Bag - Sew a purse that's simply stunning with this detailed tutorial. Your bag will look like it came straight from a designer's studio by the time you're finished.
- Remona's Reversible Tote Bag - How to make a tote bag that you can use for any occasion. It is two purses in one!
- Tote Full of Pockets - A tote bag pattern that has so many pockets it will be impossible not to be organized.
- Fabulous Farmer's Market Tote - Make a grocery bag you can use over and over again.
- Tee to Tote Bag - Learn how to convert an old t-shirt into a brand new bag.
- Easily Maintained Market Totes - Easy to make and easy to clean, these free tote bag patterns make great DIY grocery bags.
- Sweatshirt Tote Tutorial - Toe bag patterns can be cozy too! Turn that old hoodie into a bag you will use.
- Tri-Color Ten-Step Tote Bag Pattern - A tote of three colors that you can make in just ten steps. Easy peasy!
- Tote-Style Handbag - Hit the town with a bag you want to flaunt when you create this free tote pattern. (NEW!)
- Cornishware DIY Tote - Turn that dull and boring promotional bag into a stylish free tote pattern with this tutorial. (NEW!)
- Spanish Coin Purse: Digging through a huge purse to find some change can be frustrating. Here's a useful (and cute!) solution. Make the Coin Purse and keep all of your change organized. Learn how to sew your own purse with this project.
- Coin Purse Keychain: Never lose your keys again with this Coin Purse Key Chain! This cute coin purse pattern has a zippered pocket for your money or credit cards as well as a key fob. Stay organized with this free coin purse sewing pattern.
- Cute Japanese Coin Purse: The Cute Japanese Coin Purse is useful and easy to make. You'll love the traditional look of this sewing project. Make it easy on yourself to find the change you need with this coin purse.
- Macaroon Coin Purse Pattern: This adorable Macaroon Coin Purse Pattern looks good enough to eat! Make a DIY coin purse that looks like the famous French cookie. Use this easy sewing project as a cute key chain to decorate your purse or backpack.
- Mini Backpack Coin Purse & Key Chain: Always wanted to make a Mini Backpack Coin Purse and Key Chain? Make this nifty sewing project and attach it to your keys or purse. It's easy and quick so you can make this project today! Find your coins easily with this idea.
- Ball Clasp Pear Coin Purse - Look no further for patterns to sew purses than this whimsical design. It's irresistibly pear-fect for your style needs.
What kind of purse do you use every day?
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 6 Sew Easy To Make Christmas Ornaments
- 9 Ways To Transform Old T-Shirts
- Sewing For Beginners
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- The Sewn Christmas Gifts Guide
- 8 Easter Sewing Projects
- 7 Easy Valentine's Day Sewing Projects
- Upcycle T-Shirts: 10 Projects to Make for Kids
- 6 Holiday Sewing Ideas: Celebrate a DIY 4th of July
- 6 Free Sewing Projects to Make for Going Back to School
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Windy City Bags
- Bag and Play Mat in One
- How to Make a Hooded Towel for Kids
- Travel Diaper Changing Pad Pattern
- OlyFun Metallic Innovative Craft Material
- How to Make Toddler Ruffle Pants
- KC from The Real Thing with the Coake Family
- How to Make a Pillow Pet
- Boxy Cosmetic Bag Tutorial
- How to Sew a Fleece Hat