21 DIY Toys, Stuffed Animal Patterns & More: How to Make Games for Kids
By: The Editors of AllFreeSewing.com
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
How to Make Games for Kids: Stuffed Animal Patterns, DIY Toys and Other Goodies They'll Love
When school is out for summer break and the kids are home looking for things to do, it can be difficult to keep them occupied! Here's where your sewing skills come in handy. We've rounded up some great free sewing patterns for games, toys, and stuffed animals kids will love. Follow along with these simple tutorials and learn how to make games, how to make a stuffed animal, and even how to make toys that are sure to keep the kids busy this summer.
Sure, you can find similar already-made toys at the store but they're usually pretty expensive. When you create DIY games, not only can you save money but you can personalize them to fit your child's interests. Sewing for kids who love the outdoors? Check out the Child's Outdoor Tent pattern below. You can set up a special camping party for siblings and friends! Or, if your kids love to learn, we've included Times Tables Memory Games, perfect for the studious type. Whether it's summer, winter break or just playtime over the weekend or after school, our DIY games are kid approved. Let these tutorials show you how to make games that will create lasting memories and lots of laughter.
DIY Toys, Stuffed Animal Patterns & More: How to Make Games for Kids
Table of Contents
Check out over 200 other kid-friendly patterns!
Store bought games are pricey and impersonal. Use these free sewing patterns and learn how to make games that are both inexpensive and personalized. We've collected free sewing patterns to make games kids will love to play. Make it a family night with simple games everyone can enjoy together. Once you know how to make games, the fun will never end. Just sift through your fabric stash for leftovers and get to the sewing machine. Sewing for kids has never been so rewarding. They'll get a new game to play with and you'll get to see their smiling faces (or maybe you'll get a few minutes of quiet to yourself)! These free sewing patterns will show you how to make games that are fun to play with no matter the occasion.
- Bean Bag Toss Tutorial
- Tic Tac Toe Yo Yo Game Board
- Times Tables Memory Game Pockets Tutorial
- Battleships Folders Tutorial
- How to Sew a Memory Cards Game
- Fabric I-Spy BookTutorial
Remember that stuffed animal you wouldn't let go of as a kid? How awesome would it be to create your child's favorite stuffed animal? With the help of these stuffed animal patterns, you can learn how to make a stuffed animal the little boy or girl in your life will adore. Stuffed animals in the store are overpriced and generic; the ones you create will be more affordable and special! Once you know how to make a stuffed animal, you can make several for other children. There's nothing like the joy a child receives from hugging their favorite softie. Teach yourself how to make a stuffed animal and you can bring happiness to a child. How's that for sewing with a purpose?
- Plush Fox Pattern
- Sparky, The Stuffed Dog
- Stuffed Elephant Pattern
- Sewing Pattern for Pillow Pet
- Felt Toy Truck
- Beanie Sock Giraffe
- Owl Plushie Tutorial
- Plaid Whale Plushie
- Plush Party Turtles
- Mad Cat Stuffed Animal Pattern
Want even more stuffed animal patterns? Then check our free stuffed animal patterns.
Check out these free sewing patterns and learn how to make toys that are super easy and fun. All of our toy patterns include step-by-step instruction so you can learn how to make toys from start to completion. The toy patterns we've collected here are totally kid-approved. Who wouldn't want to play in a handmade tent or throw around fabric beach balls in the sand? Plus, when you're learning how to make toys, you'll be spending some quality time with your sewing machine. You get to sew and they end up with new toys. It's a total win-win. Check out these free toys patterns and create a few the kids in your life with love and enjoy.
- Child's Outdoor Tent
- Child's Tool Belt Tutorial
- Fabric Play House
- Travel Activity Packs
- Fabric Beach Balls
- Bugaboo Book Tutorial
- Quilted Patchwork Balls
- No-Sew Vintage Dolls
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- A 15 Minute Girly Skirt
- 10 Minute Gathered Ruffled Skirt With Lining
- 3 Hour Sundress
- 35 Free Clothing Sewing Patterns for Girls + 13 New Sewing Project Ideas
- Pac Man Pajama Pattern
- The Elsa Dress
- First Time Sewing Project for Kids
- Boy's Hoodie Tutorial
- "Upcycle T-Shirts: 10 Projects to Make for Kids" eBook
- Quick Skirt for Girls in Minutes
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 6 Free Sewing Projects to Make for Going Back to School
- 6 Sew Easy To Make Christmas Ornaments
- 6 Sewing Projects for Christmas: How to Make Easy Last Minute Christmas Gifts
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Give Thanks: 10 Sewing Ideas for Thanksgiving
- Homemade Halloween Costumes: 11 Kids Halloween Costume Ideas
- How to Make Your Own Halloween Costumes: 9 DIY Halloween Costumes
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 4 DIY Elsa Costume Ideas & 7 Other Frozen-Inspired Ideas
- How to Upcycle a Tie
- How to Sew a Zipper in a Purse
- Leave It to Beaver Kitchen Decor
- Route 66 Sewn Pillow Pattern
- John Wayne Baby Blanket Pattern
- Fuzzy DIY Pet Bed
- How to Stencil a Boy's Shirt
- How to Make a Cape Like Anna's
- Hawaiian Dreams DIY Napkins