31 Ideas For What To Make With Old Jeans
By: Kirsten Kwon, Editor of AllFreeSewing.com
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Don't throw out your old jeans! They might not fit anymore, but that doesn't mean you can't create something new from them. If you're like me, you've got at least a few pairs that have seen better days. Now it's time to deconstruct with these jean refashioning projects. All of these sewing projects are useful and durable so set aside a little time and bring your denim back to life. The great thing about refashioning with denim? Anything is possible. You'll find that denim is a great material to work with. You might be tempted to just toss out your jeans once they don't fit. Instead, try these old jean craft projects. If you're wondering what to make with old jeans, you've found the right collection. Crafting with old jeans is thrifty too! You can simply take some of the scraps from your stash and get creative. When you're in search of what to make with old jeans, turn to any of these old jean craft projects and you'll be instantly inspired.
Looking for more DIY sewing projects? Download our free eBook, 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects.
27 Ideas for What to Make with Old Jeans
Table of Contents
- DIY Denim Skirt: This gorgeous maxi skirt pattern is the perfect way to upcycle a pair of old jeans. The pattern is so trendy and chic.
- Flirty Denim Skirt: This Flirty Denim Skirt is great for a night out or a day in the office. Work with what you own -no need to waste money on new clothes!
- Old Jeans Free Skirt Pattern: Learn how to make a brand new skirt with just a few pairs of old pants.
- Scrappy Upcycled Apron: Everyone needs a good apron to wear around the kitchen. Why not make one with material you already have? The Scrappy Upcycled Apron is a free sewing idea for anyone looking for what to make with old jeans.
- Clean Cut-Off Shorts for Boys: Don't let your child's growth spurt cost you a fortune in new clothes for him! Learn how to make these clean cut-off shorts and save their jeans that might be too short otherwise.
- Ruffly Upcycled Denim Shorts: If your daughter grows too tall for a pair of her jeans, turn them into an adorable pair of shorts with cute ruffles.
- How to Make Slippers From Jeans: Learn How to Make Slippers From Jeans with this helpful tutorial. Once you learn how to make homemade slippers, make them for family and friends.
- DIY Cut-Off Jean Shorts: The only tutorial you will ever need to learn how to make denim cut-offs!
- Ruffly Denim Skirt: Learn how to recycle old jeans with this easy sewing project. Add a cute ruffly hem to the bottom of the skirt to spice up the old denim.
- How to Make a Jean Apron: Say "time for tea" with this adorable denim apron. The appliques on this upcycled apron are too cute.
- Recycled Denim Oven Mitt: Want something crafty and trendy to use in your kitchen? If you're looking for what to make with jeans, turn to this crafty oven mitt.
- Fast Easy Baby Bib: If you've never thought to make a baby bib from denim, explore this idea. The Fast Easy Baby Bib is made from old jeans. You probably already have everything you need to make this cute and simple sewing project.
- Upcycling Blue Jeans Into a Skirt: Wondering what to make with old jeans? Here's an idea. Upcycling Blue Jeans Into a Skirt is a great way to reuse material and create a thrifty sewing project.
- Easy Maternity Jeans: Turn an old pair of jeans into a new pair of maternity pants with this idea.
If you want more ways to upcyle your old clothing, check out our free eBook, Upcycle T-Shirts: 10 Projects to Make for Kids.
- Denim Placemats: It's easy to make these placemats by sewing the denim into crazy quilt squares.
- Recycled Denim Initial Keychain: This easy to sew keychain is perfect for labeling your kid's lunchboxes and water bottles.
- Denim Christmas Stockings: Make mini stockings from old jeans with this upcycling tutorial. These mini stockings are fabulous mantel decorations, and they can even be used for gift card holders or small gifts.
- Denim Fabric Basket Tutorial: Upcycle those outgrown jeans and create a beautiful and handy basket to organize almost anything!
- Jean Pocket Pot Holder: One can never have too many potholders. Don't spend a fortune on this handy kitchen supply. Instead, take the pocket off a pair of old jeans and make this potholder.
- Upcycled Jean Bag: If you have an old pair of jeans and you could use a new bag, look no further than the Upcycled Jean Bag. Crafting with old jeans is easy and fun!
- Denim Gadget Case: Teens love gadgets, and what better way to protect them from scratches than with a denim gadget case? Make one for your teen's MP3 player or cell phone out of an old pair of jeans with this free, easy sewing pattern.
- How to Make Jean Purses: Next time you're roaming a thrift store, grab the cheapest pair of jeans you can find. With them, you can make these cute jean bags. They're inexpensive and easy to make! Learn How to Make Jean Purses with this simple old jean craft project.
- Apple Printed Lunch Sack From Old Jeans: From a pair of old jeans you can make something new that your kids can use every day! Talk about a refashion.
- Weaved Jean Yarn Coasters: Complete a simple weaving project and make a practical set of coasters that are also thrifty and cute!
- Two Pocket Messenger Bag: The best messenger bags have plenty of pockets. Make this gorgeous bag from a pair of old jeans and you will have a practical and cute tote for all of the things that you carry.
- Denim Flower Corsage: Make the perfect accessory to any outfit with this lovely little flower. You can pin it onto a jacket, shirt, or even a pearl necklace.
- Upcycled Denim Armrest Bag: Clean out your craft room and organize with this denim craft. This armrest bag is perfect for crafting on the couch! Store your knitting projects or sewing supplies in this easy denim bag.
- The Awesome Denim Clutch: Make a patch-happy project by upcycling old jeans with different washes! This clutch is adorable and great for recycling multiple pairs of jeans.
- Upcycled Denim Tote: This is quite possibly the cutest jean purse you will ever see. Recycle a pair of jeans to make this tote and add various adorable embellishments to make this purse extra girly.
- James Dean Blue Jean Coffee Cozy: Make a coffee accessory that is as cool as Mr. Dean himself that keeps your morning drink piping hot.
- Denim Organizer: Sew and embellish a denim organizer for your teen's locker or bedroom. Use the pant legs of old jeans for this cute, recycling sewing project to keep your teen neat and organized.
- Denim Decor Wonder: Make an adorable piece of DIY home decor that is blue jean sturdy with this upcycling idea.
- Blue Jean Dorm Seating: Learn how to decorate your space with denim with this piece of smart seating. Love it!
- Goodby Jeans, Hello Messenger Bag: Learn how to make a bag out of old jeans with this free bag pattern.
- How to Make a Bag From Jeans: Learn how to sew a bag out of old pants when you check out this surprisingly easy idea.
- Doll Blanket from Recycled Jeans: Make a blanket for your child's favorite doll with this recycled idea.
What is your favorite material to recycle?
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 12 Beautiful Tote Purse Patterns Plus How to Make a Clutch for Everyday
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 6 Holiday Sewing Ideas: Celebrate a DIY 4th of July
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners