20+ Patterns to Make Dish Towels
By: Kirsten Kwon, Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Every kitchen needs dish towels and with your sewing skills and this collection of patterns to make dish towels, you can make them yourself. Why not make dish towels that are super cute and crafty? Add a pop of color to your kitchen and make a useful kitchen accessory at the same time. If you've got little ones running around, dish towels can often fall on the kitchen floor. To solve this problem, follow the Stay Put Kitchen Towel Tutorial so you can be sure your kitchen dish towels are always in the right place. You could also make something like the Tie-On Dish Towels and have dish towels with ties. Crafts using dish towels are easy and fun to make. With some simple direction, sewers of all skill levels can make these kitchen aids. With the 20+ Patterns to Make Dish Towels collection, you won't have to go searching for great dish towel patterns.
For more home sewing projects, download our free eBook, 8 Easy Sewing Projects for the Home: Free Sewing Patterns for Home Decor.
20+ Patterns to Make Dish Towels
Table of Contents
- Dish Towels and Cloths: This is a simple way to dress up ordinary dish cloths. Make dish towels and cloths with a little pop of color. It's an easy and fun sewing project you can complete tonight.
- Rick Rack Dish Towels: The Rick Rack Dish Towels make for a simple sewing project that really adds to your kitchen. The colors are Valentine's Day appropriate but you could make these dish towels any time. Let the easy instructions show you how.
- Triple Border Dish Towels: Here's another free, easy sewing pattern for the kitchen. Make these triple border dish towels to add character and style to your kitchen.
- Hanging Dish Towels: Make decorative Hanging Dish Towels as gifts or for your kitchen. Use fun fabric for the dishtowels so they'll match the rest of your kitchen decor. This easy project produces a usable, handy craft.
- Stay Put Kitchen Towel Tutorial: For anyone that's fed up with the kitchen towels that always end up on the floor, the Stay Put Kitchen Towel Tutorial will show you how to fix the problem. These simple dish towels are easy and fun to make and will look cute hanging in your kitchen.
- Tie-On Dish Towels: With Tie-On Dish Towels, you'll have your handy kitchen accessory close by. Make this simple sewing project with bright, fun fabric to spruce up your living area a little. It's another free sewing project you can make yourself.
- Patchwork Dish Towel: With fun patchwork, these dish towels aren't your standard cloths for the kitchen. Instead, you can add some of your artistic flair to this sewing project. Follow the Patchwork Dish Towel tutorial to learn how.
- Dishtowel Potholder Tutorial: The Dishtowel Potholder Tutorial will lead you through all the necessary steps to making this thrifty and useful craft. The end result is a decorative potholder for your kitchen. For a kitchen towel craft, this project is great.
- Dish Towels That Stay Put: When you're in the kitchen, you always need a dish towel handy. With the Dish Towels That Stay Put, you won't have to look for what you need. These nifty towels hang on the rail of your oven for easy access.
If you love crafting for the kitchen, check out 25+ Kitchen Projects: How to Make Potholders!
- Matching Towel and Hot Pad Tutorial: Use the Matching Towel and Hot Pad Tutorial to create several of these adorable sets. They make for special gifts for friends and family. Everybody needs cute kitchen dish towels and hot pads for cooking and baking; make your own handmade set!
- Retro Christmas Dish Towels: Give your kitchen Christmas style with these Retro Christmas Dishcloths. This is an easy Christmas sewing project that makes a wonderful hostess gift. Don't miss this DIY Christmas gift, it's too cute to pass up!
- Shabby Hearts and Ruffles Dish Towel: The ruffles are easier to make than you think. Make one or two of these towels to decorate your kitchen with throughout February and add one to a gift basket for a sweet friend!
- Sketchy Retro Bicycle Dishtowel: For a teacher or hostess gift with a lot of personality, create this Sketchy Retro Bicycle Dishtowel. You might not think kitchen dish towels would make a great gift, but this vintage project is both lovely and unique.
- Mason Jar Dish Towel Pattern: The Mason Jar Dish Towel Pattern is lovely and simply too cute to miss. If you love making crafts using dish towels, here's one to check out.
- Vintage French Dishtowels: Give your dish towels a French flair with this beginners embroidery pattern. All you have to buy is the towels and the fabric to sew on to them.
- Cute Sushi Dish Towel: This tutorial shows you how to make a dish towel with things you find around the house, like rags and baby clothes. A great DIY gift idea like this one keeps the house clean and tidies up your fabric stash.
- Embellished Dish Towel: Dish towels do the dirty work, but they can still look beautiful. Try making this Embellished Dish Towel to add a stylish touch to your kitchen.
- Patriotic Summer Ruffles Set Dishtowel: Sew a charming scene onto boring white cotton dish towels, and add some intrigue to your summer kitchen. The Patriotic Summer Ruffles Set Dishtowel has a quaint, delicately sewn bistro set that will delight any 4th of July guest.
- Amazing Amish DIY Dish Towel: Learn how to make a dish towel with some seriously old school style with this cute and country sewn kitchen idea you will love.
- No-Sew Nautical Kitchen Towel: Make a DIY dish towel that is styled for the high seas with this free sewing pattern.
- Eco-Friendly DIY Tea Towels: Make some dish towels for your kitchen that save the earth and look cute at the same time.
- Fab Feathered DIY Dish Towels: Add some flights of fancy to your DIY kitchen decor with this hip, appliqued wonder.
- Ruffled Hanging Dish Towel: Make some DIY ruffles that give your kitchen some serious texture with easy sewing projects like these cute towel ideas.
- Simply Scrappy Dish Towel: Learn how to use up fabric scraps to make some dish towel for your kitchen.
25. Pretty Windows Dishtowel: Let your visitors get a peek into your home decor style with this incredibly unique dishtowel project.
Our Newest DIY Dishtowel Pattern
Time for Tea Dish Towel Tutorial
Add some English charm to your kitchen with this adorable Time for Tea Dish Towel Tutorial. With this easy sewing tutorial, you can transport any guests to the English countryside just in time for tea! This quaint dish towel is the perfect way to update your kitchen decor without breaking the bank.
Do you prefer cute dishtowels or practical patterns? Let us know below in the comments!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 25+ How to Make Potholders Patterns and Other Kitchen Projects
- Gorgeous Table Runner Patterns: 17 DIY Table Runner Tutorials
- 53 Free Mug Rug Patterns and Placemat Patterns
- Dish Towels That Stay Put
- 20+ Patterns to Make Dish Towels
- Meow Oven Mitts Pattern
- Fat Quarter Pot Holder
- Grandma's Secret Recipe Pot Holders
- Vintage Inspired Dinner Roll Holder
- 6 Free Casserole Carrier Patterns + 16 Other Food Transport Ideas
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Fall Wool Cape Scarf
- 9 Minute Napkins Tutorial
- Jolly Holiday Dress Pattern
- Bloom Fabric Collection Review
- How to Sew a Baby Hem
- Easy Plastic Bag Dispenser
- How to Use Bias Tape
- Harvest Fresh Scrap Pumpkins Tutorial
- Buttoned Hanging Kitchen Towel
- Designer Inspired Caftan Pattern