- see all comments
"Updated link https//web.archive.org/web/20200203132624/https//d == iystyle.net/projects/fashion/ruffled-zipper-clutch == /"
"https//www.charmed-liebling.com/uploads/1/1/1/6/11 == 162541/pinkpeonybag9589.pdf. It seems like the link is broken."
"Thanks a lot!!"
"Looking for pattern to make pillows from old cheer uniforms?"
Colorful Prints Reign in Sewing Community
Westminster Fibers Lifestyle Fabrics, division of Coats plc, keeps up colorful trend with upcoming collection.
April 18, 2014, Northbrook, IL - Since Pantone® projected 2014's vibrant color palette, the sewing community has responded with zeal. Apparent on virtually every blog and retail website, designers and individual sewists alike have creatively incorporated both tranquil pastels and radiant hues into their projects. Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute®, says of this season's palette, "While this need for stability is reflected in the composition of the palette, the inherent versatility of the individual colors allows for experimentation with new looks and color combinations." (qtd. in Pantone Fashion Color Report).
Whether through individual studies in one particular tone or the ever popular color-blocking technique, an emphasis on pigment currently reigns as the focal point for sewing projects. AllFreeSewing editors first spotted this trend taking tangible shape at 2014's CHA Show in Anaheim. Unconfined to solely fabrics, other mediums such as paper and yarn are also turning on their brights in terms of their 2014 palettes. Despite seeing tons of projects in every color under the rainbow, editors were unprepared for the latest news from the Coats brand.
Having just announced their upcoming line of fabrics "Cottage Garden," designed by watercolor artist Alice Hickey, it's clear that Westminster Fibers Lifestyle Fabrics is on track with the trend. Available to consumers in August of 2014, "Cottage Garden" will offer a stimulating subject for the latest generation of sewists.
Faithful to the collection's name these prints are comprised of hues inspired by flowers found in the garden. Seven prints will be available in three combinations which are up-to-the-minute with modern trends. Expect to find prints in colorways of Lavender, Periwinkle, and Peony at the close of the summer.
Much like the complementary nature of Pantone's® 2014 color palette, Westminster Fiber's collection marries the classicism of its subject, the garden, with vogue shades of placid pastels and scintillating brights. The newest addition to Free Spirit Lifestyle Fabrics ensures a continuation of the colorful movement that seemingly can't stop blooming in the sewing world.
Annie Rosean, Editor
AllFreeSewing.com is an exciting resource for all things sewing - from expert tips to project ideas for every style and skill level. We also publish Sewing It Up, a free e-mail newsletter, publish sewing eBooks, and create sewing related product promotions, contests, and giveaways.
About Prime Publishing:
Prime Publishing LLC was established in 1995 as a traditional niche book publishing company. Today, we are an Internet Media Company that operates web site communities and e-mail newsletters in niche areas such as crafting and cooking. To learn more, visit www.primenewsletters.com.
Project of the Day
Triangle Fabric Weights
Make your own fabric weights with this 10 minutes tutorial! These sewing weights are perfect for skipping pins when tracing your… Continue reading: "Triangle Fabric Weights"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Why is My Thread Wrapping Around the Bobbin?
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Make A Ruffle Dress From Men's Button Down Shirts
- Free Tie-Hem Shorts Sewing Pattern for Girls
- Easy Girl's Sundress Sewing Pattern
- A Line Dress Pattern For Girls
- Turn Your Old Jeans Into Versatile Denim Belts With Pockets
- 30+ Shirt Dress Patterns Free
- Diy Jane Austen Costume
- Easy Gathered Skirt With Rounded Patch Pockets
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners