Felt Elf Tutorial from Molly and Mama
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"I'm so excited to be sharing this cute little felt elf tutorial with you! Make a Christmas Elf with this Molly and Mama tutorial for Fleece Fun. He's the perfect size to adorn a hair clip, a gift tag or an ornament. And he's super quick to make! This quick 'scrap busting' tutorial will have you feeling the Christmas Spirit in no time!"
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Make a Hair Clip Cut a length of grosgrain ribbon 12cm (4 7/8) long. Use your heat sealer or lighter to seal the ends of each piece. Set up your glue gun and allow it time to heat up. Dont forget to lay down a work mat. Open the clip and run some glue along the underside of the top jaw of the clip. Slide your ribbon into the open space between the jaws and attach it to the glued area. (This step is seen below in the top left image, where the clip is upside-down. This gives you a better view of where to place the ribbon. With your clip facing up, run a length of glue across the top of the clip right to the end of the jaw. Fold your ribbon back over the top and gently smooth it across the top jaw using your thumb. Place a small dab of glue on both ends of the inside of the jaws at the back. Be careful not to get any glue near the spring though, or youll have a clip that wont close properly. Gently push the ribbon into the space at the back. Lastly put a small dollop of glue on the underside of the clip, just over the space where the circular hole is. Fold the remaining length of ribbon over and press it down gently on the glue to secure.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Color Me Christmas Stocking Pattern
- The Easiest Christmas Table Runner Tutorial
- Stitched Dala Horse Ornaments
- Friendly Little Mice Sewing Pattern
- 350+ Free Christmas Sewing Patterns
- Tulle Christmas Tree
- Oh Starry Night Table Runner
- Scrappy Christmas Pot Holders
- Christmas Shapes Printable Lacing Cards
- The Best Christmas Stocking Pattern
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Sew Paintbrush Roll-up Case
- Mini Snap Pouches
- Sulky Wilderness Wonder Applique Kit
- Scrappy Stars
- Metal Frame Embroidered Bag Pattern
- Reading Glasses Case Using A Flex Frame
- Simple Sew Mug Warmer
- Diy Frankenstein Costume With A Free Pattern
- Diy Marshmello Fortnite Costume
- Diy Halloween Cape With Hood
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners