Semi-Quilted Bike Pant Leg Cuff Tutorial
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
This tutorial for a pant leg cuff to wear while cycling serves two purposes. You can upcycle your old jeans and save them from the landfill while protecting your new clothes from damage. This is a great project for anyone who commutes on their bike or for children's safety. Materials include a pair of jeans destined for the scrap pile. (I used parts from the front leg piece of two different pairs of jeans so I could have contrast between the front and the back pieces, but you could use just one pair of jeans.) For best results, machine wash and dry the jeans before starting.
Other materials include: Fairfield World Poly-Fil Low-Loft Quilt Batting (I cut a piece from this 45” x 60” package), Fiskars 45 mm Easy Change Ergo Control Rotary Cutter, Fiskars 18″ x 24″ Self-Healing Rotary Cutting Mat, and Fiskars 6″ x 24″ Acrylic Ruler; or Fiskars fabric shears, ruler, and a fabric marking pencil (and lots more patience), VELCRO® Brand Iron On 1 in x ¾ in Rectangles – 12 Sets – White, a sewing machine or sturdy, hand sewing needle (to work through the denim) with cotton thread, and basic sewing supplies (i.e., fabric scissors, seam ripper, pins, fabric pencil/marker, etc.). Optional materials include: (for decorating your cuff with iron-on) Cricut Explore with Cricut Design Space and Cricut Access, StandardGrip cutting mat, Cricut weeder, trimmer, and scissors, Cricut Foil Iron-on, Bicycle cut file in Cricut Design Space (included in tutorial), an iron and an ironing board or other iron-safe surface, and non-stick pressing sheet.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Pumpkin Spice DIY Dish Towel
- How to Fix a Hole in Pants Without Sewing
- Apron Ties And Trim
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How to Organize Your Room
- What Can Be Embroidered?
- Free Jolly Bar Quilt Pattern
- Easy Fat Quarters Scarf Pattern
- How To Sew Quilted Fabric Bookmarks
- Free Baby Shorts Sewing Pattern
- Ohio Star Quilt Block
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners